The Hands and Feet of God
May 22, 2005
Kansas
✟17,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
On Sunday evening, Preston Werner, a sophmore at my high school, met with 5 other students to work on an english project which consisted of filming a scene from MacBeth. He had to leave early because his aunt and cousin were coming over for dinner. After eating he excused himself from the table and went downstairs to his bedroom. Awhile later, his family heard a gunshot and rushed down the stairs to find that their only child had attempted to kill himself.
He was taken to the hospital and a team of doctors fought for his life all evening. They said he probably would not survive, and if he did he would be severly brain damaged for life. The next morning an email was sent to all the teachers from the counciler countaining the previous information. Teachers were told to inform their first class of the day. When it was read aloud, many students struggled to place a name to a face, and a yearbook was brought out. I didn't have any trouble, since he was in the same grade as me and we had been aquaintances since elementary school. The rest of the day passed in a shock, as wispered conversations and gossip reached an all-time high. As each of my classmates walked into our third class, which now had a permanently empty chair, each face asked the same question, "Will the teacher say anything or simply pretend it didn't happen?" We didn't have to wait long, and as our teacher walked in with a grim expression, her first words were "I've been dreading this block all day." She then lost her fight for control of her emotions and had to leave the room with a strangled "sorry." Riding the bus home was no treat either, since he usually sat across the aisle from me and the bus driver still stopped in front of his desolate-looking house.
A group of ladies from our church visited him in the hospital. They reported that Preston was unconcious, and they were basically waiting until they had organ recievers before pulling the plug. He died Monday night.
I think it's fairly obvious his school and family need prayer. His entire family was athiest so his funeral will be held at the mortuary instead of a church. It's been a very tramatic time for our entire school but I can't even imagine what his family is going through. We still have to watch the film of the scene from MacBeth that was filmed the night he shot himself, which will be a hard time for our entire class. I didn't think someone my age would do this, but I was wrong.....

sorry this was so long, I have a lot to say.

~tiffany

Moluku

Becoming Mrs. McCarthy June 2, 2007.
Sep 14, 2005
Oregon
✟10,001.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's always a shock when someone we know commits suicide. I am so sorry to hear such a tragedy has befallen you and those around you.

Lord, what a sad time we live in that someone so young would feel the need to end their life. But there is always hope in you Jesus, and it is in you that we find our strength. Just bless this family Lord who lost a child, speak to their hearts in the midst of tragedy. Though they do not know you Jesus, let this be a time for your love to shine through and your children make their way into their hearts as they preach your Good News. Bring healing to Preston's family Lord, there are unanswered questions that must haunt them as they mourn the loss of their precious child. Father, let this be a time of rejoicing in your name as you conquer the attempts of the enemy to further break down hearts in mourning. Bring peace to the many hearts and souls that ache with such news of losing a peer in so sad a manner and bring hope God. You ache and shed tears Lord Jesus when you see your children hurting on earth, wrap your loving arms around them and help them to shoulder such an immense burden that has been placed on so many shoulders. Thank you Lord that we can come to you in our darkest hours and cry out to you in prayer. I pray these thing in your name, Lord, amen.

Upvote 0

covenantwmn

Contributor
Jun 21, 2005
Great Northwest
✟19,438.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Father God, we lift this family up before You. I pray that You will minister to their hurting hearts. I ask that You use circumstances and Your people to reach them, comfort them and give them some peace. You loved Preston LORD, only You know why this happened for sure, I ask that You will somehow be glorified in this tragedy. I pray that You will encompass this family, and Preston's friends with Your tender love and care, with thanks for Your compassion, in Jesus' name, amen.
in Him, Leslie

Upvote 0

LivingInHisLove

Sep 13, 2005
Connecticut
✟374.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Dear Heavenly Father, we give this entire situation to You. Please bless Preston's family. Though they do not see You, please still envelop in Your love. Bless them and though this is a tragic and desperate situation, use Your almighty power and grace and mercy, to show Preston's family Your love, and what You are capable of.
Bless them, and also please bless the classmates, friends and all who knew him.
Bring them all Your peace. Bring them all Your love.
In Jesus' name. Amen

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Lord be with this family
Grant and give them peace, mercy, and rest
Help them to lean on you
Heal them and uplift them
As they face these next few days that will be hard
Grant and give them the love that you will give them Lord
In thy name amen

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh Father,

I am so saddened to have read that story, and sorry for the author who is suffering through this. I pray for Preston's family Lord. Lord I pray that there might be a man of God that would preach the gospel at the mortuary. May the family request someone to speak. May they be comforted Lord, and may they turn to you for that comfort. Thank you Lord, In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Linus

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2004
Stockholm
✟86,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Heavenly Father, I pray for our sister as well as the young brother and his loved one. Lord bless them with comfort and strength to endure the pain from loosing someone close. Thank You Lord for listening to this prayer!

Upvote 0

BishopGodsey

Bishop in the International Old Catholic Churches
Nov 6, 2005
North Augusta, SC
Visit site
✟8,709.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is so sad when someone you know and are friends with dies in such a manor. We will keep you all in our prayers.

And may Preston rest with the Angels in God's kingdom.

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

Father we lift Tiffany and this family and the entire school who experienced this up to You. We ask You to comfort them and help them find some peace and the reason for this tragedy. We know You work ALL things together for Your and the good of everyone through all things. In Jesus Name we praise Your Holy Name and thank You for working and moving mightilly in this situation.

Amen

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
woman.at.the.well said:
Father we lift Tiffany and this family and the entire school who experienced this up to You. We ask You to comfort them and help them find some peace and the reason for this tragedy. We know You work ALL things together for Your and the good of everyone through all things. In Jesus Name we praise Your Holy Name and thank You for working and moving mightilly in this situation.

Amen

Jesus watch over this family
Comfort and give them strength and rest
Help them lean on you
In thy name amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DancingwiththeAngels

The Hands and Feet of God
May 22, 2005
Kansas
✟17,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks again guys-his funeral is tomorrow at 2 and a lot of people are planning on going, especially students. Maybe somehow the high attendence will speak to his parents hearts, but I don't know anymore. The amount of conversation about it is slowly diminishing, but everytime I do something, I can't help but think, "preston won't be doing this anymore," you know? There's also weird silences in conversations after someone mentions death or guns or something, and we're all thinking about the exact same thing. I don't know, it's all so depressing, but your prayers really mean a lot to me and my friends.
~tiffany!~

Upvote 0

sing4him

Senior Veteran
Aug 13, 2005
Arkansas
✟20,194.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Praying for you and your friends Tiff! :groupray:

"May our Lord Jesus Christ and God our Father, who loved us and in His special favor gave us everlasting comfort and good hope, comfort your hearts and give you strength..." :hug:
(2 Thessalonians 2:16-17)

I pray that his family will allow God to use this to show them His love and that they'll come to know Him. :groupray:

If you'd like to 'talk' feel free to send me another PM!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0

RevKiera

Nov 17, 2005
California
✟112.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
Tiff, thank you for sharing this. I know Preston's family, and though they are not Christian, they are good people and are hurting so horribly they have not even told their friends the truth of what happened. It's difficult to know how to help if you don't know what happened.

Many thanks to all of you for your prayers. Those who do not think they need them, need them most of all.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.