• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is it really possible for someone who has suffered so much, prayed and still take their life become a candidate of heaven? Can God pity someone and just have mercy on them even in death.
Suicide is murder of self, and murder is a sin that Jesus paid for on the cross. If someone believes on Christ and trusts him as Savior, then they are saved, period, whether or not they commit suicide. Suicide being an automatic sentence to hell is a false catholic teaching.

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is it really possible for someone who has suffered so much, prayed and still take their life become a candidate of heaven? Can God pity someone and just have mercy on them even in death.
I would recommend that the person who is considering that should just pray to Jesus and ask Him to help the person not do it because God loves us so much and I don't believe that suicide is the way. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Romans 8:38... I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow--not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love.

Suicide is never the answer as it just destroys the family members that are left.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On time I heard that suicide can be an idol since you used death as your savior.

I also heard about a study done by a psychiatrist. She interviewed people who tried to kill themselves by jumping off a bridge but survived. She said that ALL the people she interviewed had one thing in common. She said ALL of them said that as they were falling to their death, the reason for what they wanted to die had a solution.

Life is full of solutions and resources ❤️

Upvote 0