• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Suffering from constant sound, like from ears but in head. Other disabilities

TCBoomer

Apr 27, 2022
Plano
✟24,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The sound can be very low for a day but then comes back. Normally on the left side, but can go the right side too, at times. Have been told by a physical therapist this is probably coming from my chronic neck injury. Initially a technique of "Dry Needles" seemed to help, but not consistently.
I was in the Army for 14 years starting in 1967 and went to Vietnam in 1968. Was in the medical field assisting in surgeries.
Have been a Christian since 1976, including 2 years in Dallas Theological Seminary for 2 years starting in 1991.
Have many disabilities from my time in service, including "Agent Orange" exposure in Vietnam. That is responsible for "type 2 diabetes" and "Ischemic Heart disease."
A neck injury requiring a spinal fusion causes chronic pain especially through the left Ulnar Nerve down to the fingers and probably this causes my Tinnitus.
The VA rates me at 100% disabled. With all this, the chronic sounds are the most disabling many times causing sleepless nights.
I feel peace through my faith in Jesus. All these physical problems from this broken world do not alter my faith.
At 73 these ailments are more pronounced. Reaching out to the Church is part of my peace. Prayer from my extended Christian Family is appreciated.

Last edited:

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The sound can be very low for a day but then comes back. Normally on the left side, but can go the right side too, at times. Have been told by a physical therapist this is probably coming from my chronic neck injury. Initially a technique of "Dry Needles" seemed to help, but not consistently.
I was in the Army for 14 years starting in 1967 and went to Vietnam in 1968. Was in the medical field assisting in surgeries.
Have been a Christian since 1976, including 2 years in Dallas Theological Seminary for 2 years starting in 1991.
Have many disabilities from my time in service, including "Agent Orange" exposure in Vietnam. That is responsible for "type 2 diabetes" and "Ischemic Heart disease."
A neck injury requiring a spinal fusion causes chronic pain especially through the left Ulnar Nerve down to the fingers and probably this causes my Tinnitus.
The VA rates me at 100% disabled. With all this, the chronic sounds are the most disabling many times causing sleepless nights.
I feel peace through my faith in Jesus. All these physical problems from this broken world do not alter my faith.
At 73 these ailments are more pronounced. Reaching out to the Church is part of my peace. Prayer from my extended Christian Family is apreciated.
Welcome to CF. My prayers for a recovery. :prayer:

Upvote 0