Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
artnalex said:
David,
although I thank the Lord daily that I do not come from Michigan, I do have a cousin who lives in Kalamazoo.

Yoopers = Upper Peninsula (north of the bridge)
Trolls = people who live under the bridge.

I know, me to Art, me too...

They have people who live under bridges and they call us hicks?

So David, you don't live under a bridge...that's good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skripper

Legend
Jul 22, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟30,691.00
Faith
Catholic
artnalex said:
David,
although I thank the Lord daily that I do not come from Michigan, I do have a cousin who lives in Kalamazoo.

Yoopers = Upper Peninsula (north of the bridge)
Trolls = people who live under the bridge.

Hey, why the Michigan slam!? :confused:

Well, I've many cousins in California, even a few in or around Glendora, or whatever that town is, so we're even. Or at least they used to live there. Not sure if they still do.

I must say, though, I am impressed with your knowledge of Yoopers and Trolls. :bow:

But okay, let's be honest . . . spill it . . . who helped you? Internet search? Phone call to Kalamazoo? Hmm? Which was it, hmm?????

Upvote 0

Skripper

Legend
Jul 22, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟30,691.00
Faith
Catholic
artnalex said:
Actually,
it was a bit of memory, and a bit of a phone call to my cousin (not the one in Michigan, but her sister, who lived there for 4 years). Either way, you lost the bet.

Hand over the cake.

Okay, here you go . . . (tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick . . . )

BTW, that town I was trying to think of? It might be Glendale. Is that right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

artnalex

Feb 25, 2003
California
Visit site
✟16,706.00
Faith
Catholic
Since this thread is about Anti-Catholic remarks, I should let all ytou Catholics know that today, on my drive home, I was listening to a Protestant Christrian radio channel when all of a sudden the pastor makes some sort of analogy that included a dumb remark about Catholics. he basically said we worshipo Mary, idols, and believe in talking to dead spirits. I was amazed at this. I know he is a smart guy. Why would he say that. I can't believe why people have to put down other religions, with falsities, to try to make theirs look better.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟280,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No worries, Skripper. :)

And no, I'm not a Yooper, although I like the Yoop. I live about halfway down the shore of Lake Michigan, right on the Lake. :)

"Michigan goobers"?

Do you know why California is just like a bowl of cereal? Take out the fruits and the nuts, and all you have left are the flakes. ;)

Where are you located, Skripper?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.