Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I especially like three of them: the NRSV for general reading, with many excellent notes; the NET Bible, which is an excellent, scholarly reference with MANY notes but it has tiny print; and the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, which gives you a very thorough, in-depth background of the history and the various biblical societies' folkways and mores. And don't forget the commentaries which, although not portable, are very helpful.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only real study bible I have is the New JPS study bible.

I have a few others with some commentary, but not enough to be study bibles. Not much of a fan of study bibles.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The website that sells the waterproof Bible also provides a waterproof notebook, and waterproof pen (space pen). You can get everything from Amazon for cheaper than from the official website (but the website offers engravings of a message for a small fee.).

Here is the company page at Amazon for the waterproof Bible:

Amazon.com: Bardin & Marsee Publishing: Books

Double check the size. Some are smaller sized bibles and others are more regular sized. Note: The smaller sized bibles actually have a good size font size for readability.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For those of you who like Study Bibles, which Study Bibles are among your favorites?

I do own several study Bibles. I like some of the info. within them, but other tidbits of information is gross or false in my opinion. So I find study Bibles to be only somewhat helpful. Ask God to help you to understand what His Word is saying, and compare Scripture, with Scripture.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For those of you who like Study Bibles, which Study Bibles are among your favorites?

My favorite study Bible is the: Standard Rainbow Study Bible-KJV. It's a color-coded version. I have had it about 8 years; and the only problem with it; is it was made like a paper-back and the cover started falling apart; but I duct taped it back to gather. :D

From Standard's description of

The Rainbow Study Bible (useful for women and men) features a unique color-coding system that allows readers to quickly and easily identify twelve major themes of Scripture throughout the biblical text:

God, discipleship, love, faith, sin, evil, salvation, family, outreach, commandments, history, and prophecy.

The study Bible’s system also underlines all the words directly spoken by God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

The features of this Christian rainbow Bible include:
12-pages of color maps with index, a Bible reading calendar, Concordance, Subject guide,
Outline of Old Testament History, "Where to Find It," "Know What God Says," Table of Weights and Measures, "100 Popular Bible Passages," and "365 Popular Bible Quotations for Memorization and Meditation," and more.

One other problem is that it weights about 2 1/2 LBS; and is getting harder for my old arms to move it around; easily. So I would like to find a copy of it on-line or in a digital format; but I haven't found one of this brand.
2020-04-03 09.56.31 www.goodreads.com a27352afe545.png

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My favorite study Bible is the: Standard Rainbow Study Bible-KJV. It's a color-coded version. I have had it about 8 years; and the only problem with it; is it was made like a paper-back and the cover started falling apart; but I duct taped it back to gather. :D

From Standard's description of

The Rainbow Study Bible (useful for women and men) features a unique color-coding system that allows readers to quickly and easily identify twelve major themes of Scripture throughout the biblical text:

God, discipleship, love, faith, sin, evil, salvation, family, outreach, commandments, history, and prophecy.

The study Bible’s system also underlines all the words directly spoken by God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

The features of this Christian rainbow Bible include:
12-pages of color maps with index, a Bible reading calendar, Concordance, Subject guide,
Outline of Old Testament History, "Where to Find It," "Know What God Says," Table of Weights and Measures, "100 Popular Bible Passages," and "365 Popular Bible Quotations for Memorization and Meditation," and more.

One other problem is that it weights about 2 1/2 LBS; and is getting harder for my old arms to move it around; easily. So I would like to find a copy of it on-line or in a digital format; but I haven't found one of this brand.
View attachment 274167

Hmmmm, I may check this out. The only thing is that the reviewers said the pages are really thin and can stick together.

Guess nothing is perfect.
Still looks like a good Bible to have, though.

Upvote 0

Jay Sea

................ Ke ĉiuj vivu
Mar 28, 2020
victoria
✟26,347.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps I am prejudiced but I love Barcley's New testement. He was a protestant scholar from my home town of Glasgow whom, even though I was catholic found to be an inspiration.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have reviewed a number of study Bibles over my years, but always come back to the Scofield KJV Study Bible. It does not change the wording of KJV, but adds margins notes and commentaries to show why certain words and phrases should not be changed for convenience and simple reading. It can be found through Bible Truth Publishers, Addison, IL - USA.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

My favorite Bibles -- two of them -- are...

1) The 1599 Geneva Bible. It is great to read and has a fantastic running commentary as marginal notes, sometimes several for one verse.

2) The NET Bible, v 2.1 (or earlier). Not only is it an excellent translation from the ancient languages into contemporary English, but there are over 60,000(!) translator's notes on everything from different meaning of the translated words to explanatory cultural and historical notes.

Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0