• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

STUDENTS AND FACULTY WALK OUT OF VICE PRESIDENT PENCE'S COMMENCEMENT ADDRESS AT TAYLOR UNIVERSITY

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by tulc, May 18, 2019.

1. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+13,342
    Christian
    Married
    Students and faculty walk out of Vice President Mike Pence's commencement address at Christian university
    tulc(thinks this was interesting) :wave:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. inquiring mind

inquiring mind associate with those you can learn from Supporter

+2,690
    Baptist
    Married
  3. tulc

+13,342
    Christian
    Married
    You can see why people signed if you go here:
    Signez la pétition
    tulc(see's there were a lot of reasons...) :wave:

4. inquiring mind

+2,690
    Baptist
    Married
    I bet.

5. HannahT

HannahT Newbie Supporter

+1,733
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, few walked out. It's a news story due to politics. lol not sure why this would surprise anyone honestly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. tulc

+13,342
    Christian
    Married
    I think of it more as showing people who picture American Evangelicals as some sort of "PRESIDENT TRUMP SUPPORTING MONOLITH!!" that there are indeed parts of it that don't actually support him or the members of his administration. It's sort of nice to have something you can point at to say "Agree or disagree with what they did, it's nice to see there are people that are prepared to show they think for themselves." I found it very encouraging. :wave:
    tulc(is kind of a fan of most people who make a stand, whether he agrees or disagrees with the stand itself) :)

7. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+4,864
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Baylor? That's a very conservative school. Southern Baptist institution. Cracks are spreading now. A conservative republican congressman just called for Trump to be impeached.

Look for frantic and vengeful damage control efforts by Trump and Co.

8. inquiring mind

+2,690
    Baptist
    Married
    Wishful thinking... the op is referencing Taylor U.

9. The Barbarian

+4,864
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    (Barbarian checks.....) Whoa. You can't even apply without a profession of faith. Even Baylor isn't that conservative. How did they get so many of those people walking out on Pence?

Cracks are spreading in the dike...

10. inquiring mind

+2,690
    Baptist
    Married
    From the op article: “The small demonstration” & “only a fraction of the roughly 500 graduating students actually ended up walking out”

A long way from dike problems.

11. The Barbarian

+4,864
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    According to Fox News, "dozens" of students walked out when Mike Pence took the podium. Wouldn't have been news at a public university, but in a small, highly conservative school, it was a surprise.

Following the decision of a conservative republican congressman to call for Trump's impeachment, this is a critical time for Donald Trump.

12. HannahT

HannahT Newbie Supporter

+1,733
    Christian
    Married
    Yep, DOZENS! lol Big time DIRE! Come on now!

They didn't have to 'disinvite' the VP, and their protest was respectful without disrupting others. It didn't surprise me, and it didn't alarm me either.

13. The Barbarian

+4,864
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Following on the first conservative republican congressman to call for Trump's impeachment, it's just another crack in the cover-up.

14. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,228
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Republican
    I seem to recall that there were no student walk outs when he spoke at my alma mater, Grove City College, two years ago, but some of the students refused to shake hands with him when they got their degrees.