• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Struggling ...

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is very good!!! We are getting to know more about you! This is what I was hoping you'd do. Do you go to a church now? Were you raised going to one? How long have you been a Christian? me - grew up going to a Methodist church, as that is what my grandparents did on my dad's side of the family - at fourteen, we switched to a Baptist one and I got saved at fifteen
Keep telling us about you. It is good to see that you have been doing things. Figured you had, just did not realize it yet or had not talked about it much on here.
You have to start where you are today. Speaking about Jesus Christ gives you energy, then seems like that is one of your gifts to share with others. After I was saved, 15 years old, went to the sidewalks and started talking to people about Jesus Christ. How much do you think that I knew then about the Bible? Not much, but this led to speaking to people at the library, even several at a time. Told them that I had not yet read all of the Bible, but was working on getting that done. Tell people what you know. Show how Jesus Christ loves them and died for them to one day spend eternity with Him. He wants to be important in their lives right now. He is there for them.
All right, you told us you want to write a book/s. What is stopping you? What kind of book do you want to see published? That is a skill that I wish I had, but ever since was a little kid in school and had to write -what I did on my summer vacation-type of papers-knew that it is not for me. Blank pieces of paper scare me. We took vacations, but when tried to write it out on paper, even I was bored with my stories. I come here to the net, but it is only to serve God Almighty. If you wanted to talk to me in email, I would panic probably as to what I'm going to say if we talk about just regular stuff. What if you look at the world out there as opportunity waiting? Publishers have asked me. I've never asked them to help me get started. Thing is, now what if I did write a book? Do I go back to the first company that requested me to send them things for it?
You don't have a car, neither did I at fifteen. I walked to witness to people each day, till was sixteen and started working at McDonald's. My brother worked there and had a car. So you don't have....but God Almighty owns everything. He can move things around whenever He wants to. Have you written small stories or started on a
manuscript yet? Waiting to hear more....
Hi. yeah i dont do much..i really dont do anything. to be honest i lived a verylazy and sinful and terrible life, which i regret and am not proud of. i just wish i could change my past but i cant i guess i can only look forward to tomorrow (which also is not very great). theres a big part of me now that wants to do the right things though...so sometimes i think about it a lot..i just didnt think about it growing up...i was careless.. i didnt really grow up in a christian family, i mean my mom taught me the basics like the prayers, i went to church a few times, i watched the "movies" and i felt connected with God throughout my life but i never truthfully seeked him or was taught the right way about him. i never read my bible ..i grew up on things unrelated to God and grew up in sinful ways. wanting to be perfect and stuff..etc i am not a mature christian at all.. actually i dont know much about this stuff. sometimes i feel like i know things and other times i feel like such a mess..like sometimes when i tell someone something about God, "im like i hope i said that right", "what did i just say","what are you talking about Jen"... or i would look on google to see if it lines up with Gods word..and most of the time im right and other times i am not..so i get very insecure and sad when i say some bad things sometimes ....and get inspired and excited when i say the right things..i just want everything i say to be perfect...and when i am wrong i feel bad, because i mean im like what does God think when i said that..but, teaching about God gives me energy and makes me feel alive.it feels mutual to me. but most of the time it makes me feel insecure.. i love it but before i can teach others i must learn everything myself and in my state and condition im just not fit for it i dont know if i will ever do that, i feel way behind on this stuff anyway.....but youre right i guess i can say what i do know and not worry about knowing everything, what matters is what message is being delivered at the time... ..so its just kind of like a desire right now...i just wish i did better in my life..and i wish i would have learned more because while some of this stuff scares me i am very interested in it and curious about it..um, whats stopping me from writing? the fact that when i get to paper i get writers block and can never finish a paragraph. sometimes i know what i want to write about but its hard to put into words sometimes when i get to the page..lol ive written poems and small stories before a few years ago...though.. i didnt get my first car until i was 28...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Acts 18:24

“And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.”

This man is noted as -"mighty in the scriptures".
Does this mean that he was doing everything right?

Acts 18:26

“And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.”
This man is speaking boldly. He then comes to know the way of God more perfectly. It does not say that he should never speak until he totally understands every detail of the Scriptures.

The Bible tells to go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel. We start out as on the milk of the Word and grow to eat the meat part.

As you start talking to people about your faith, it should get easier as you gain confidence. Have you ever asked God for wisdom and courage?

Was not much of a poems reader, until my grandpa started writing them/now for the Baptist church. They were very good and many were printed on the church bulletins. People enjoyed them and looked forward to more.

Can we read any of yours? Do you have a blog on this site? Have not read but only a few blog messages long ago when they first started them on here. I'd go there though to see your poems and stories.
yeah ive written a few things on here..it wasnt that great...lol so i deleted my blog.....

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would like to take a look at your way of writing. Maybe you could set up a new blog and let us know when it is ready to be read.

Some people think that God only wants us to do big things for Him or we have failed in our Christian walk. But think about what type of people are mentioned in the Bible by name ---not just Moses, but even people that played the cymbals. Now hard could that have been? Yet, they get listed right along with the harpers and trumpet players.
ok ill set up another blog..hopefully i dont offend anyone this time...

• Optimistic
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All right! Look forward to viewing your work. Didn't know that others can complain about anyone's blog at this site. Glad you are trying again. Let me know when I can go see what you post there.
ok...sure

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hi. yeah i dont do much..i really dont do anything. to be honest i lived a verylazy and sinful and terrible life, which i regret and am not proud of. i just wish i could change my past but i cant i guess i can only look forward to tomorrow (which also is not very great). theres a big part of me now that wants to do the right things though...so sometimes i think about it a lot..i just didnt think about it growing up...i was careless.. i didnt really grow up in a christian family, i mean my mom taught me the basics like the prayers, i went to church a few times, i watched the "movies" and i felt connected with God throughout my life but i never truthfully seeked him or was taught the right way about him. i never read my bible ..i grew up on things unrelated to God and grew up in sinful ways. wanting to be perfect and stuff..etc i am not a mature christian at all.. actually i dont know much about this stuff. sometimes i feel like i know things and other times i feel like such a mess..like sometimes when i tell someone something about God, "im like i hope i said that right", "what did i just say","what are you talking about Jen"... or i would look on google to see if it lines up with Gods word..and most of the time im right and other times i am not..so i get very insecure and sad when i say some bad things sometimes ....and get inspired and excited when i say the right things..i just want everything i say to be perfect...and when i am wrong i feel bad, because i mean im like what does God think when i said that..but, teaching about God gives me energy and makes me feel alive.it feels mutual to me. but most of the time it makes me feel insecure.. i love it but before i can teach others i must learn everything myself and in my state and condition im just not fit for it i dont know if i will ever do that, i feel way behind on this stuff anyway.....but youre right i guess i can say what i do know and not worry about knowing everything, what matters is what message is being delivered at the time... ..so its just kind of like a desire right now...i just wish i did better in my life..and i wish i would have learned more because while some of this stuff scares me i am very interested in it and curious about it..um, whats stopping me from writing? the fact that when i get to paper i get writers block and can never finish a paragraph. sometimes i know what i want to write about but its hard to put into words sometimes when i get to the page..lol ive written poems and small stories before a few years ago...though.. i didnt get my first car until i was 28...

The Bible is free, everywhere, online. Have you read the New Testament? The Old? You can start today. You can start a Bible in a year program that is very doable, even for someone who is not feeling that well (I have been there).

There will ALWAYS be people who know more than you. There will ALWAYS be people who seem to rattle off Scriptures quicker, have "better" pasts, be more righteous, or whatever. I am not a big believer in Satan here and Satan there, but this I do believe: that IS the work of the Devil. He would have you do nothing because what you can do is not the Very Best in the World.

Christians are not looking to be the Very Best in the World. We are only looking to be good disciples, and hopefully hear, "well done, good and faithful servant".

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible is free, everywhere, online. Have you read the New Testament? The Old? You can start today. You can start a Bible in a year program that is very doable, even for someone who is not feeling that well (I have been there).

There will ALWAYS be people who know more than you. There will ALWAYS be people who seem to rattle off Scriptures quicker, have "better" pasts, be more righteous, or whatever. I am not a big believer in Satan here and Satan there, but this I do believe: that IS the work of the Devil. He would have you do nothing because what you can do is not the Very Best in the World.

Christians are not looking to be the Very Best in the World. We are only looking to be good disciples, and hopefully hear, "well done, good and faithful servant".
i know...yeah i read some of the bible..i just forget a lot and dont remember things well...

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are you afraid of? me - never will get in a canoe again...one of my friends many years ago scared me when we were in one and that is my first and last time for it
I do like speedboats though. Whipping across the lake is such a thrill!
haha i like your humor..im afraid of being awkward and what people and God thinks

• Optimistic
Upvote 0