• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Struggling with violent/depraved sexual fantasies.

Ultima4257

Aug 15, 2005
In my house, somewhere in the world
✟18,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I am not sure if I am allowed to post here since I am a seeker, but I really need some input on how to stop these fantasies. Basically I struggle with multiple fantasies, all of which are strange and some are considered violent. It started out as a diaper fetish, but now it has over time escalated into rape fantasies, which involve both men and women being raped, and more recently it has started to include forced feminization/domination of men. I really am not sure why these things sexually stimulate me. Granted, I have never acted out physically with these fetishes, but I am concerned if I don't stop it may escalate and get to that point. I don't struggle with homosexuality at all which is strange considering some of the content. I believe what they all have in common is the humiliation aspect, which is why I am drawn to them all. Does anyone have any advice dealing with these fantasies? Unfortunately I am out of the job so counseling is out of the picture for the moment. I really lack the will just to stop it, although I think these fantasies are just a symptom of something much deeper, so I am not sure how effective that will be.

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Not necessarilly. Martin Luther had recurring thoughts about Satan's rear end. (Yes, seriously.) God is in the process of helping me to renew my mind after quite a few years of mental chaos, and He'll do the same for you if you ask.

Always remember - it's not a sin to be tempted.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad that you're willing to admit this is a problem. Most people see no need to change what sort of sexual thoughts they have, due to this idea that "thoughts don't harm anyone". but really, they do--yourself. I can speak from experience. Most of the pain I've felt in my life has just come from morally wrong, untrue thoughts.

I think these thoughts stem from a deep-seated desire for control, and maybe some sort of bitterness. Since you don't have access to a therapist right now, just ask yourself some questions:
1. Do I feel like I have any "bad experiences" in my past? (it doesn't matter how bad, or even if it really was all that bad, but as long as you have the mindset that something happened, then you will feel like you need something to "make up for" a bad past)
2. Why are my thoughts both violent and sexual? Why do I enjoy the idea of humiliating others sexually? In other words, why that specific thing?
3. What sort of positive thoughts are there that appeal to me to counteract these out-of-control fantasies?

Try to think of something else that counteracts the fantasy. For example, if you have a fantasy about raping someone, chnage it. Imagine yourself showing affection to that person, and them loving you back. imagine yourself helping them back into their clothes, and hugging them. Even if you're aroused by the idea of dominating over someone in a fantasy, in real life you might have second thoughts. Try to "correct" your fantasy--do what you would do in reality if a woman or man was suddenly vulnerable like that.

Upvote 0

joyfullyobey

Jun 12, 2018
Ontario
✟18,810.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I couldn’t decipher if you meant that you’d be humiliated or you’d be the one doing it someone else. If it’s the latter, perhaps you’d feel less dirty if you imagined that you were acting out some of your fantasies alone with your future wife. You could imagine her in a diaper, and sexually dominating her. I say this because at least both of those things could biblically be considered okay. I can’t say fantasizing in this way has the all clear but at least if you focused your thinking on something that’s more pure in nature when you do succumb to the temptation, you’d may feel less guilty about it afterwards.

Upvote 0