• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Struggling often

kala83

Catholic Christian
Oct 26, 2007
Columbia MO
✟16,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
so I have had a long list worth of issues with my PTSD its very long and very complicated. And I have delt with being in trauma therapy for it for quite some time.

It really difficult for me because my fiance also has his own PTSD that is just a long and complicated as mine.
So being able to talk about this kind of thing amost each other is just not possible it stirs up triggers between the two of us way too often and way to easily.

a lot of my issues come from family issues as well as sexual abuse both of which I have a lot of trouble wrapping my head around.

I have learned from recent therapy session that I struggle a lot with being able to identify my feelings, but I also feel like i have a very difficult time managing my emotions and keeping them from not getting out of control on me.

I recently picked up Joyce Meyer "Don't let your Emotions lead your life" lol sorry I can't recall if that is the exact tile or not.

not but when I saw the title it sounded perfect for me lol

SheWrote

Feb 25, 2019
Redding
✟10,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so I have had a long list worth of issues with my PTSD its very long and very complicated. And I have delt with being in trauma therapy for it for quite some time.

It really difficult for me because my fiance also has his own PTSD that is just a long and complicated as mine.
So being able to talk about this kind of thing amost each other is just not possible it stirs up triggers between the two of us way too often and way to easily.

a lot of my issues come from family issues as well as sexual abuse both of which I have a lot of trouble wrapping my head around.

I have learned from recent therapy session that I struggle a lot with being able to identify my feelings, but I also feel like i have a very difficult time managing my emotions and keeping them from not getting out of control on me.

I recently picked up Joyce Meyer "Don't let your Emotions lead your life" lol sorry I can't recall if that is the exact tile or not.

Thank you for being so open about your struggles. Sometimes speaking them out is the first step to having victory. Emotions are a funny thing and can take control of our lives. They sure did for me! We are meant to experience and feel our emotions, but not let them control us. That is easier said than done, I know. Don't shut them down, walk through them, but don't park there. Instead move on, once you've acknowledged something. Going to therapy is a great plan to overcoming and gaining tools to help you stay free. God, is also available to you. He loves you and wants to help free you from these things in your life that are preventing you from living the life He has for you. I am praying for you and am here for you if you'd like to talk more.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Recovery from abuse and trauma takes time. Please don't feel like you're "not a good Christian" if you're not feeling great. Healing is a process, a journey, a climb. It takes time. Trust in Christ. Rely on Him, talk to Him about your difficulties, and let Him help you along.

Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

it's good to show your heart but not too much in these dark times...i'm not christian but i will try my best to help...betrayal hurts and i believe it to be the theme of the universe for a long time now...try not to feel angry though...like you said, feeling calm so you know what you are doing is good...try not to be a servant to your own emotions and have harmony as your foundation before other sides of life are found...but i'm not christian so i don't know exactly how everything works...still, i want people including you and i to be comfortable...corruption is strong but don't let the world's corruption get to you...just be wise...side approach things with strategy if you want...put yourself under the right circumstances...i do...give yourself peace in yourself...don't get into people's conflicts i think...keep your identities and don't let people tell you who you are...give some relief for yourself...prize mercy as i know christians do...if something is ever giving you problems in life...speak to us...if you want...you can always talk to me...pray to god if you want...remember...it's not your fault...forgive yourself if you must if you feel like you need to at any time...but try to prevent yourself from forgiving yourself by always feeling comfortable...yearning for freedom knows no lines as long as there is harmony as the established foundation before any other sides are found but i understand christians are only on the good moral side...have confidence in yourself if you feel you are ready...i'm here to help...

Upvote 0