• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

struggling need prayers and friends

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am married, mid 40s, but struggling. My struggles are p addiction, and going on line talking to ungodly women.

I've struggled since I was 14 years old. I have tried everything, Pure Life Ministries, stopping, etc. For some reason I get into a bad cycle. This is what the devil does to me:

1. I crave a sister-friend first; someone who is pure and wants to be my sister
2. That desire is picked at by the devil, my flesh until I just want to take things further than it should; then I seek out those who would give me more for my flesh online
3. I do RPing, roleplaying, as well which I love. But it often turns into darkness and p.

I want to leave it all behind; I want to totally follow Christ and have no desires of evil. I want to have godly friends, I want to not want to have a sister, I want to be able to not look at p on the internet or talk to ungodly women.

Please pray for me. Thanks for listening. Peter James

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I am married, mid 40s, but struggling. My struggles are p addiction, and going on line talking to ungodly women.

I've struggled since I was 14 years old. I have tried everything, Pure Life Ministries, stopping, etc. For some reason I get into a bad cycle. This is what the devil does to me:

2. That desire is picked at by the devil, my flesh until I just want to take things further than it should; then I seek out those who would give me more for my flesh online
3. I do RPing, roleplaying, as well which I love. But it often turns into darkness and p.

I want to leave it all behind; I want to totally follow Christ and have no desires of evil. I want to have godly friends, I want to not want to have a sister, I want to be able to not look at p on the internet or talk to ungodly women.

You need to get to the root of the problems that you suffer. Sin opens the door to attacks by evil spirits. They can influence you strongly, in some cases to where an individual is powerless to resist. You may need deliverance. I was still single in my early 30's. I struggled with lust. I did not need inappropriate content, I had a continual movie in my mind. I met a man who had great discernment. He told me that I had a spirit of lust. He cast it out and immediately I had freedom. The "movies" stopped. I had normal desires and temptation still came from time to time. But I was no longer a slave to those desires.

Take it from someone who knows, most RPG is occult. I like to play computer games but finding something free of the occult is difficult. In order to break the habit, it is necessary to stay right away from anything that could lure you back. Ask the Lord to show you. He will. I've always enjoyed tank shoot em ups. My old games would not run any more so I asked the Lord to show me a game that was suitable. I found a game called Armored Warfare. It suits me as it has a player v AI mode. I dislike pitting myself against human players as it can get really nasty. The Lord knows what's out there and can lead you to something harmless.

You also need to ensure that you keep close to God. He is your deliverer. Study the word. The truth will set you free.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Abba Yah please Breathe Your Holy Breath into this Body and Deliver us from all bondage. Raise us up in Yahshua the Messiah, far above this world, our flesh, and all evil. Amen.

I am happy that you have brought this into the light my brother. I encourage you to continue to confess...including before men, every time you fall into those dark areas--no matter how much it frightens you.

And brother, please appreciate your wife. You have been blessed with a mighty gift from Yah. Study Messiah and His relationship with His Bride and ask for Him to search you and know your heart...try you, and know your thoughts...to see if there is any wicked way in you and to lead you in the way everlasting. Amen. (Psalms 139:23)

Shalom.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I will pray for you, Peter James !

Have you heard this :
By steadfast love and faithfulness iniquity is atoned for, and by the fear of the LORD one turns away from evil. -Proverbs 16:6

Have you understood the fear of the Lord ?
Look up what Heavenly Father has spoken in Proverbs 2:1-5

That is why apostle John have said this :

I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one. -1 John 2:14

Have the word of God remains in your mind every day that you may overcome the evil one ?

Upvote 0