Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Sorry to start another post am struggling badly at the moment thoughts of self injury and suicide want to do something soon my husband knows am deeply depressed i have asked drs for help but they say its nothing to do with my medication this time of year is a bad time for me my step dad birthday he died 6 years ago by suicide and i miss him so much
they drs says i maybe ok after my step dad birthday its just this time of year getting to me
i am on medication but they will not sort it my regular dr is now on holiday my psych also says the same and has no appointment until August i feel i cant hold on until then i cant keep going with no help i dont have a therapist i see my pastor every few days but he has been off ill and he just came back from being ill i dont want to lay it all out while he still not 100 %
my husband tries to be supportive but he keeps saying i need to handle things better and that medication cant do everything i have to try and deal with it like an adult

its 6am my husband is sleeping am sitting up on my own on here alone i cant sleep and his plan for me not sleeping is tomorrow he going to turn the internet off between 4am and 7am so i dont get up so early

i need help and no one is helping me am meant to be going out to a group later on today my husband will be with me as i cant go out on my own its karaokie sometimes i sing but i dont feel up to it at all , just want to hide

am close to doing something stupid

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whenever depression hits, I pray to Christ. Come near to Christ on the cross. He loves you, and can work through your pain, to make something good.

Talk to Christ. That is the most practical advice I can give.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I find it hard to pray for myself ...always feel like am being selfish by doing that i pray for others

u2spicy thank you for the link :lost:

check out the list....are you angry? hurting yourself takes energy and there are ways to divert it and stop the impulse to self harm....

what are you doing this moment?

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
at the moment am crying , i hate myself so much i hate that my step dad died i hate this time of year so much but my niece is due to have a little one any day now its a girl ...got pics of my step dad here

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
at the moment am crying , i hate myself so much i hate that my step dad died i hate this time of year so much but my niece is due to have a little one any day now its a girl ...got pics of my step dad here

My heart goes out to you!

What do you need?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gennypearl

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
✟2,118,488.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
hey now, take it easy. do you write your thoughts on a journal? maybe it will help. how about you remember the good things about your step dad. don't blame yourself, it's not your fault. be happy that he is with the Lord now. he probably wouldn't want you to be depressed.

maybe you can develop new and interesting hobbies so as to divert your attention to something positive. or anything you can think of that is productive. don't dwell on negative thoughts.

i am praying for you. God bless!

I leave you with this Bible verse:
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
powerful emotions are not always logical

do you know feel this as well?

maybe meds arent working or there is lack of sleep

what can you do to make things better right now in this very moment?

anything from that link?

hitting your pillow?

concentrating on your breathing?

just talking to us?

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i can try and color in i have art books and am listening to christian music K love
i miss him so much he was more a father to me than my own bio father who just abandoned me as a child

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0