Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no real need to struggle about salvation of one's soul for eternity! God tells us in His immutable Word: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16); and "He that hath the Son hath life (eternal), and he that hath not the Son hath not life" (1 Jn. 5:10-12). One either received the Lord Jesus into their heart and is devoted to Him, or continues wondering and wandering. It is a choice for happiness and assurance forever, and one's very soul depends on obeying God or not. One might pray about John 1; John 3; John 14 in the Bible.

Last edited:

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think struggles are human endeavor to overcome troubles and get on a good pathway. At best that is only a little help. God tells us He loves us and wants to show us "...the path of life", which is in Himself by His Holy Spirit. That, of course, is by receiving God's "...so great salvation" in His beloved Son (John 3). Some of us have learned that with the Lord Jesus in our hearts we not only have the promise of eternal life with Him, but His blessings and care daily as we walk through this world. It is a personal thing to make the Lord Jesus lord of our life and our best Friend. God says: "He that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out". Do you have that assurance? Read your Bible daily (beginning with the New Testament, which is the Christian life) and God will speak to you and lead you.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it is a seal by the indwelling Holy Spirit (John 14:23), and as I said: it comes by receiving the Lord Jesus into one's heart (John 3:3). That one is then "born again"; and as one has remarked: when we are born we cannot become unborn. It is a surety by God ---so there is "no need to struggle" about salvation, but just believe it and trust God at His Word and in His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. We thus go forth happy and in peace with our Redeemer ---precious thoughts!

The enemy of our soul wants to keep us struggling and trying hard to win God's favor by good works, rather than believe what God has shown us.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a difference concerning "struggles", for the true saint of God and those Christian followers only. Part of the trouble for ones who are "born again" believers, is learning patience and dependence, I believe. I have that problem at times, and when called to remembrance of my standing in Christ Jesus, I back off from leaning on flesh. It is so common for saints of God to revert to flesh.

First, one needs to be sure they are not just trying to follow the Christian path, rather than knowing and trusting the Lord Jesus for salvation, care, and blessings. We all have some difficulty because of the flesh in us, no doubt.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not want to press this on anyone, but this post is so VERY IMPORTANT that everyone who is struggling over what God says in His Word, needs to read this prayerfully and be settled. I have no more to say on the subject than what I have said before (and some readers missed seeing this post). It is fully the truth of redemption. I will now leave it and move on. Look up always!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not want to press this on anyone, but this post is so VERY IMPORTANT that everyone who is struggling over what God says in His Word, needs to read this prayerfully and be settled. I have no more to say on the subject than what I have said before (and some readers missed seeing this post). It is fully the truth of redemption. I will now leave it and move on. Look up always!

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟800,884.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know that I needed everything God could provide to assure me of my conversion, both outwardly and mentally. God wants you to physically feel the experience of what is going on Spiritually.

You need to add to your conversion a definite time place and physical experience, which God has provided for you. We talk about being “Born again”, which comes from Nicodemus encounter with Christ (John 3 :1-21):

Being “born again” is what Jesus told Nicodemus he need to do. This requires some thinking, because Jesus does not address the questions or comments that are verbalized, but directs his comments to the persons next step in their personal spiritual development (what is on their heart spiritually). Jesus is not making some general philosophical statement (like Buddha might make) but is always addressing the audience He is talking to. We have to get into the context.

What did Nicodemus need to do next in his spiritual development?

What does Nicodemus need to be doing next? (study the Old Testament, become one of the followers of Jesus right then and there, Confess, repent, etc.)

The first thing Nicodemus might do at least is what he already knows he should do? Is that not where you would start? So what is that?

Since Nicodemus is still part of the Sanhedrin, he would not have been immersed baptized by John’s baptism. That would have got him thrown out of the Sanhedrin, but being smart Nicodemus would know he should be baptized.

John’s baptism would have been a hot topic among the religious scholars, yet the answer was obvious and they all know it (remember Jesus using it against them and causing them to quit asking him questions?)

Jesus is not going to hand out the answer to Nicodemus, since Nicodemus knows the answer, but he will make Nicodemus think about it hard, since it would already be on his mind.

Christian water baptism as seen in scripture seems to fit the “born again” scenario Christ was talking about since it: Is always adult (there are only two examples that “might include infants” but nothing definite, all the others are adult believers) water immersion to be a physical outward representation of what had or is happening spiritually in the person being baptized. It is mainly to help the individual being baptized to better grasp what is going on, but it can “witness” to others observing the baptism. It has the elements of going down under the water (burying the old man), placing your dependence in another; the person baptizing you (surrendering your life to God), being washed (having your sins washed away), rising out of the water (rising from the old dead body), and stepping forth out onto the earth (a new person). The person is walking out into the hugs of his new family. It is also a sign of your humility, since it is a humbling act anyone can simple allow someone to do it to them (so not a work) and since humility has been shown in the accept of charity (God’s free gift of undeserving forgiveness) it should just support and add to the memory of that acceptance. To refuse Christian water baptism when it is readily available might mean you are not ready to handle other responsibility like having the indwelling Holy Spirit and you are hurting yourself.

Why not be baptized again (there is no rule against this) to experience all you can from being baptized?

Yes, Ro. 10 is silent about baptism, but silence is not a proof for anything and baptism was not the topic being discussed, the Jews had to believe first, so baptism would be down the road.

Is the real problem with humility, since adult water baptism is a humbling act?

Is the problem with “witnessing” since baptism help other Christians remember what they went through?

The whole “argument” about the “one” baptism having to be “spiritual baptism” so we do not need to (or even shouldn’t) be water immersed is not supported by scriptural examples, since everyone that was “baptized” by the Holy Spirit seems to have also been water baptized.

In an effort to emphasis God’s unconditional (salvation), water baptism of believers has been avoided as a subject. People have “argued” that water baptism is a work and since “works” are not required for salvation, water baptism must be avoided. Most “Christian” religious groups “allow” immersion of believers if they want it.

The problem with this reasoning is adult believer immersion is not something you “do” (work), but is something you allow to be done to you. It is not something “done” as some requirement, but is something you get to do for your sake (to help you) and the sake of others.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, it is true that baptism is a work, and works cannot save the soul, but it is honoring God publicly if done in Christian faith toward the Savior. Taking such a godly stand in true faith against the unbelieving world will bring the mercies of God and care in their life of this honor, until they mature and receive the Savior into their heart personally for eternal salvation (one should note also 1 Jn. 5:10-12 & see John 14). Without the Lord Jesus in our heart with devotion to Him, one will have no part in God (and religious works will be in vain) ---how sad that loss is to contemplate!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, it is true that baptism is a work, and works cannot save the soul, but it is honoring God publicly if done in Christian faith toward the Savior. Taking such a godly stand in true faith against the unbelieving world will bring the mercies of God and care in their life of this honor, until they mature and receive the Savior into their heart personally for eternal salvation (one should note also 1 Jn. 5:10-12 & see John 14). Without the Lord Jesus in our heart with devotion to Him, one will have no part in God (and religious works will be in vain) ---how sad that loss is to contemplate!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums