Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am pleased with my little inexpensive dehydrator! Who knew that a pound of carrots would fit in a small zip lock? (I also have them placed then inside a lock-and-lock container. I think the only thing I'll label and date is the meat I do. So far so good.

I don't eat much, when I eat nutritious foods and not fake food, take my supplements (zinc, Vit C, selenium.....etc) I don't require much because my body gets what it needs. I will just have to orient myself to not taking a handful or mindlessly eating / munching on the dried veggies and fruits!

This is exciting because I don't want to carry canned foods on the van. I have to have some for when I'm "out" of fresh or dried and too fatigued to drive or whatever... but I've already cut the number of cans down in half! I'll keep some canned meat for the dog (he hates dog food---which is the leading cause of cancer in pets btw). Who knows? He might like the jerky too! Lololol

• Haha
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am pleased with my little inexpensive dehydrator! Who knew that a pound of carrots would fit in a small zip lock? (I also have them placed then inside a lock-and-lock container. I think the only thing I'll label and date is the meat I do. So far so good.

I don't eat much, when I eat nutritious foods and not fake food, take my supplements (zinc, Vit C, selenium.....etc) I don't require much because my body gets what it needs. I will just have to orient myself to not taking a handful or mindlessly eating / munching on the dried veggies and fruits!

This is exciting because I don't want to carry canned foods on the van. I have to have some for when I'm "out" of fresh or dried and too fatigued to drive or whatever... but I've already cut the number of cans down in half! I'll keep some canned meat for the dog (he hates dog food---which is the leading cause of cancer in pets btw). Who knows? He might like the jerky too! Lololol
We get a kick out of dehydrating celery. Just little spriggly things like thread.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kale is a good thing to dehydrate. A "superfood" that I do not especially like the taste of dehydrated or not. Barbara throws a handful into soups, stews, beans, even breads.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
LOL Yeah about celery but I chunked it so we'll see. I used to eat kale as a lettuce and asked my assistant one day that if I could taste it would I like it she said no. ROFL I need kale for the protein and iron. I can't take in iron except through foods. I also need kelp for the natural iodine. I didn't buy kale for beginners but will now... it comes in a huge bag that expands to 4x the size! I look forward to kale chips though :D

I've begun having issues with legumes :( peas and all my beans etc! oh well.
Any bread has to be gluten, wheat and soy free. (And no oatmeal either). UDIs provides. Sometimes I just gotta have bread! And it's good with soft cooked/boiled eggs (plenty of organic vegetarian eggs are good for me, natural myelin replacement)...

I might just be noshing the rest of my life! :D

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Looking forward to tilling my garden, However the ground is much to wet still. Looking forward to some brandywine tomatoes :]
Does anyone else trade heirloom seeds? I know a group around that does and they have some great quality seed that is very proven and is classic favorites from the family farms.
I was born and raised on a farm so I know a couple of things if I can ever be of assistance to someone?
thought that I would share something with you corn growers that we have used on our farm since I was a baby and it works amazingly well.
When your corn starts producing the green tassel, put two syringe drops of mineral oil in the bottom of the tassel. This will keep silk worms out and the corn will be full and beautiful.
I usually plant G-90 btw.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

My dogs like squirrel. I can eat them too.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Looking forward to tilling my garden, However the ground is much to wet still. Looking forward to some brandywine tomatoes :]
Does anyone else trade heirloom seeds? I know a group around that does and they have some great quality seed that is very proven and is classic favorites from the family farms.
I was born and raised on a farm so I know a couple of things if I can ever be of assistance to someone?
thought that I would share something with you corn growers that we have used on our farm since I was a baby and it works amazingly well.
When your corn starts producing the green tassel, put two syringe drops of mineral oil in the bottom of the tassel. This will keep silk worms out and the corn will be full and beautiful.
I usually plant G-90 btw.
Get your garden in excellent shape with organic matter. I can go out and stick my finger in my soil. Notice I did not call it dirt.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Had me some good ole squirrel and dumplings last week. Can't beat it when it's cooked right. I like it fried often too. I keep a freezer full of deer meat as well. Love that fried deer meat, biscuits and gravy

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I want to add rabbits to my mix. I want to feed them from my own property opposed to buying most of their feed.

My chickens go nuts over anything green. They devour green things in minutes. Same for bugs. Reminds me I need to move their run.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Plus fried rabbit is pretty hard to beat. I love it :] I once looked into raising them on alfalfa and what else would be needed to maintain a healthy herd and was shocked at the info, So I decided to stick with pelleted feed as long as possible for optimal health. BTW those little boogers breed like rabbits LOL

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Plus fried rabbit is pretty hard to beat. I love it :] I once looked into raising them on alfalfa and what else would be needed to maintain a healthy herd and was shocked at the info, So I decided to stick with pelleted feed as long as possible for optimal health. BTW those little boogers breed like rabbits LOL
Yeah pellets are nice. They just do not go with prepping or being prepared for a hit the fan problem. The wild ones do pretty good at my place.

bugkiller

Upvote 0