Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have a lot of pent-up stress from work and daily life and I strongly feel it's preventing me from praying, and getting close to God in general. People say "Trust in God" and of course that does nothing. I'm looking for ways to crawl out of this and I always slip back into the rabbit hole. Stress causes depression and once you get to that place, it's very difficult to get out of. Has anyone been there? What did you do to alleviate it?

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,300.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its OK to have a period in which you have a higher stress and less time for spirituality. For example school exams, career change, family problems etc.

But the goal is to overcome this period and to sail back to calm waters. Or else your health (physical, mental, spiritual) will deteriorate.

Focus on a great diet and sleep so that you have enough strength for the struggle.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a lot of pent-up stress from work and daily life and I strongly feel it's preventing me from praying, and getting close to God in general. People say "Trust in God" and of course that does nothing. I'm looking for ways to crawl out of this and I always slip back into the rabbit hole. Stress causes depression and once you get to that place, it's very difficult to get out of. Has anyone been there? What did you do to alleviate it?
God's word is true whether we believe it or not. Throw yourself and your stress on Him. He can handle it.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
When you are stressed, pray. And trust in God's mercy.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do you actually pray to God about your feelings? The Word of God says that we should cast our cares on Him because He cares for us (Psalms 55:22). If you read in the Psalms, David is constantly pouring out his heart to God in anguish. He was being pursued in order to be put to death by none other than his father in law. His emotional and mental anguish was quite deep. Maybe you can spend some time reading the Psalms so you can focus on the ones you empathize with most and you can pour your heart out to God similarly when you feel stressed and depressed. When I'm feeling really low, I sometimes cannot even pray, depending on my physical condition, meaning if I'm sick. When I'm down and depressed emotionally, I want to and sometimes do pull away from God..... who is the only one who completely understands me and can help me with what I'm feeling. It's not until I begin to pour out my heart to God that I begin to feel better and I feel the load of the weight begin to lift from my shoulders. God cares about us so deeply and Jesus loves us so much. Practice running to Him with your stress/depression rather than running away from Him, and see how your circumstances change.

Upvote 0