• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Stress is making it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SarahTonin

I've found that my OCD (I need things to be even, especially while walking.) has been getting worse with stress. The other day I missed a step while walking and couldn't make it up and I went so crazy about it I ended up scratching off a lot of skin from my foot.

How do you deal with your OCD? or How do you deal with stress that makes it worse?

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The real way to deal with OCD is to recognize that the fears that are behind it(If I don't do such and such...then such and such will happen)is of our own making, meaning that in actuality the such and such will not happen. But because we have created for ourselves to be real, therefore the threat of it also becomes real to us. So you have to concentrate on ways to de-sensetize yourself from that fear which is feeding the underlining of it all. Stress makes it worst because It adds to the already fear-based anxiety that is causing the OCD to begin with, so If it was hard to deal with OCD before, now, with the added stress, is even harder.
That is typical of all of us who are suffering from OCD. But we must recognize that The Lord is able to bring us out of it all. Once the fears are eleminated, then OCD is also easier to get rid of. So, maybe try to deal with the underlining fears that is causing your OCD. GOD Bless you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.