Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“My grace is more than sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9

This may sound like a contradiction. How can strength be made perfect in weakness? I believe what God was saying to Paul is this, “Focus on My Grace, and the power of My Grace, it will make your weakness look like strength. Focus on My security, not your insecurities. Focus on my limitless power, not your limitations.” God’s power operates at its best in our weakness, not in our strength. If we’re too strong in ourselves, the LORD can’t use us. That’s what ruined King Uzziah, “for he was greatly helped until he became powerful” (2 Chron. 26:15).

I think it is fair to say Paul impacted the church of Jesus Christ more than any other person. Very few people impacted the church of Jesus Christ like the apostle Paul. And yet, the apostle Paul, a great man of strength and courage who lived his life shinning for Jesus Christ could tell the Corinthians that “I will gladly boast of my weaknesses.”

Men particularly are not very good at admitting weaknesses. I have to confess that I am weak in every area of life because I’ve learnt from the life of the apostle Paul that it is only when I’m weak do I really know the strength of God. Like the apostle Paul, we ought to boast all the more gladly about our weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on us, for God’s Grace is more than sufficient for us.

My Soul’s Sufficiency

Reactions: Aabbie James

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“My grace is more than sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9

This may sound like a contradiction. How can strength be made perfect in weakness? I believe what God was saying to Paul is this, “Focus on My Grace, and the power of My Grace, it will make your weakness look like strength. Focus on My security, not your insecurities. Focus on my limitless power, not your limitations.” God’s power operates at its best in our weakness, not in our strength. If we’re too strong in ourselves, the LORD can’t use us. That’s what ruined King Uzziah, “for he was greatly helped until he became powerful” (2 Chron. 26:15).

I think it is fair to say Paul impacted the church of Jesus Christ more than any other person. Very few people impacted the church of Jesus Christ like the apostle Paul. And yet, the apostle Paul, a great man of strength and courage who lived his life shinning for Jesus Christ could tell the Corinthians that “I will gladly boast of my weaknesses.”

Men particularly are not very good at admitting weaknesses. I have to confess that I am weak in every area of life because I’ve learnt from the life of the apostle Paul that it is only when I’m weak do I really know the strength of God. Like the apostle Paul, we ought to boast all the more gladly about our weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on us, for God’s Grace is more than sufficient for us.

My Soul’s Sufficiency
At this stage of Paul's ministry, he has been around the proverbial rodeo for several years. The apostle was more enriched when God allowed him still to endure the thorn in the flesh.

Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0