• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Strange Fetish

Status
Not open for further replies.

wander1992

Nov 9, 2012
✟15,113.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dear all,
God bless you. I struggle with a urine fetish. I have been struggling with it since I was a child. I don't know anyone else who has struggled with this type of thing (and is a born again Christian), so I feel very isolated. Has anyone struggled with this and won? Has anyone conquered? I've wanted to tell some of my closest friends, but I fear being judged. Part of me is scared that God wants me to tell people about it, but I haven't conquered it, so I don't want to tell anybody. I wish I never ever struggled with this thing. Someone please help me. I especially want to hear from someone that's actually gone through this. Please tell me I'm not the only Jesus lover that is struggling with this disgusting thing.

Jon David

Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
✟7,839.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not so strange really.

Personally, I think some of my fetishes are worse.

I admit, I too kind of get off on seeing members of the opposite sex take a whiz, but only if it's accidental or involuntary.

And to be honest, this is a fetish I just recently developed.

So no, you're not the only Jesus lover into this sort of thing.

And for the record, this is something I still struggle with.

Upvote 0

Luna1991

Jan 22, 2013
Sydney
✟7,759.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Personally, I'm struggling to understand why you believe this fetish to be sinful? As long as it is only done in the context of marriage, with your partner, and you have both discussed it beforehand and agreed to what is going to happen and no one feels ashamed or humiliated. Might be ignorance talking here, but is there anything biblically to suggest engaging in this particular fetish is sinful?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jellio

Jul 27, 2012
yorkshire
✟15,220.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I have a fetish, I really did not know that was what it is called. For decades I have only acted minimally and done nothing for nearly a year. I am in therapy and at the end of last year I was dealing with a difficult aspect of my childhood. At the same time am dealing with work stress. within 24hr of seeing my counselor I had an appointment to see a dominatrix. Within a week I was acting this out. I contacted my counselor I needed a emergency appointment. I did not get to see her for 4 weeks. Now I am in deep getting some one to spank me has helped other areas I still wish I hadn't gone there but I am not so sure i choose this. A fetish is very difficult to deal with and being a christian makes it such a conflict.

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
A fetish in and of itself isn't a bad or sinful thing (unless it is displayed biblically as such), especially if it is within the confines of the marriage bed. However, lust is a problem, and that's something that's got to be addressed and worked on.

I have a number of fetishes, but I know that it's another area where at the moment I can stumble in my struggle with lust, so I do my best to avoid situations where that might happen. Thankfully for two of them it's easy. The other one, not so much.

Upvote 0

keelercd

Dec 20, 2012
✟7,639.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
the thing with a fetish is that its not within the marriage bed, its you or I living out a sexual desire in a way that does not include someone being touched, the thing is is that if you have conviction, then you know it is wrong for you, I am currently dealing with a desire to look at inappropriate content-and my boyfriend is dealing with a bizarre fetish- both of these dont involve either of us but its still a conviction in our hearts. Therapy is the best way- before I was a fornicator and then I went to Christian counseling and through Christ I overcame it but soon after Satan was on the move and attacked me through internet, its a struggle but I remember to stay close to God in prayer and contacting others that struggle with this and keep in touch with a prayer group. God wants you to surrender your mind and I will keep in prayer, all of you

Upvote 0

peter8224

Oct 17, 2013
✟15,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi
I dealt with simillar fetisches my fetisches related to feet fetisch and cross dressing. I testify you now that God has released me from all those fetisches. Nowadays I dont have problem with fetisch or even with inappropriate content I was also addicted to.
God touched me once when I was living with those sins : fetisch,inappropriate content etc. He also touched me when I was sitting in the restaurant with a friend of mine, we were both loking at one girl lustfuly and in that moment God touched me and in my heart I heard and felt a voice : the voice was telling me that what is written in Bible what Jesus said : "anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery already, ...do u know what are you doin ? "- after that voice I realized that it was God who touched me. He warned me, he showed me that that I am doins is really sinful because anytime I look at the woman lustfuly my sin matches adultery !
Since then I never ever looked at any women lustfuly, God gave me fear and contritution before this sin.
I only want to testify that God released me from deep and terrible sins ! He is faithful , anyway if you battle with guilt I also do. But I always win by praying those verses from Bible that confirm my identity in Christ

"Because you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus" ( Gal 3:26)

"As we were designed before by him for the position of sons to himself, through Jesus Christ, in the good pleasure of his purpose" ( ef 1:5)

Dont give up, dont let the satan put the guilt on you ! God lead me that I would speak to someone about my sins. God lead me to scripture where James said : "So then, make a statement of your sins to one another, and say prayers for one another so that you may be made well. The prayer of a good man is full of power in its working ( James 5:16)
- Its worth telling to pastor about those sins and pray for healing. It was worth it in my life but first go and confess those sins to Jesus ! He know our weaknesses even the feelijg of our guilt he know !

"For we have not a high priest who is not able to be touched by the feelings of our feeble flesh; but we have one who has been tested in all points as we ourselves are tested, but without sin.
Then let us come near to the seat of grace without fear, so that mercy may be given to us, and we may get grace for our help in time of need.( Hebr 4:16)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Luna1991

Jan 22, 2013
Sydney
✟7,759.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Haven't been on here in a while, but just saw some of the latest posts on this thread come up in my emails, and it caught my attention, but sorry for just jumping in again! :)

I was just wondering if I could ask again - why exactly is this fetish being labelled as a sin? Of course, I'd see any from of sexual activity or engaging in any fetishes in any situation that is not with your married partner sinful.

But I fail to call to mind anything biblical that makes this particular fetish so sinful? If it is only practised within the context of a married man and woman, both consenting, and no party feeling degraded/humiliated, etc.

I'm very happy to be proved wrong, but so far I just haven't seen any biblical evidence for why previous posters have left themselves feeling 'ashamed' in their 'struggle' and seeking 'recovery'? Yeah, sure it might be one side of kinky, and not traditional vanilla sex, but it still seems pretty harmless to me, within the above mentioned context of course.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.