Story time..

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Wise words. Brad Pitt about his wife:

"My wife got sick. She was constantly nervous because of problems at work, personal life, her failures and children. She lost 30 pounds and weighted about 90 pounds. She got very skinny and was constantly crying. She was not a happy woman. She had suffered from continuing headaches, heart pain and jammed nerves in her back and ribs. She did not sleep well, falling asleep only in the mornings and got tired very quickly during the day. Our relationship was on the verge of a break up. Her beauty was leaving her somewhere, she had bags under her eyes, she was poking her head, and stopped taking care of herself. She refused to shoot the films and rejected any role. I lost hope and thought that we’ll get divorced soon… But then I decided to act. After all I’ve got the most beautiful woman on earth. She is the idol of more than half of men and women on earth, and I was the one allowed to fall asleep next to her and to hug her. I began to shower her with flowers, kisses and compliments. I surprised and pleased her every minute. I gave her a lot of gifts and lived just for her. I spoke in public only about her. I incorporated all themes in her direction. I praised her in front of her own and our mutual friends. You won’t believe it, but she blossomed. She became better. She gained weight, was no longer nervous and loved me even more than ever. I had no clue that she CAN love that much.

And then I realized one thing: the woman is the reflection of her man.

If you love her to the point of madness, she will become it."

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation..

Every afternoon, when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window. The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be
broadened and enlivened by all the activity and colour of the world outside.

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake.Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every colour and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite details, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine this picturesque scene. One warm afternoon, the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man could not hear the band - he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days, weeks and months passed. One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window besides the bed. It faced a blank wall. The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window.

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, 'Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.'

Epilogue:
There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations. Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled. If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy. 'Today is a gift, that is why it is called The Present .'

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Epilogue:
There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations. Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled. If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy. 'Today is a gift, that is why it is called The Present .'
:amen:

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Never give up... if you know in your heart... then act on it.. it doesn't matter what others think.

In 1989, an 8.2 earthquake almost flattened Armenia, killing over 30,000 people in less than four minutes. It's hard to imagine the anguish, the pain, and the suffering that began in those four brief minutes of time. In the twinkling of an eye, worlds were shaken and lives crushed. Surprisingly, such tragedies often bring out the best in people — at least they provide a wide open window to peak at the contents of each heart. Let me show you the loving heart of a father.

In the midst of chaos and destruction, he rushed to his son's school. But instead of a school, he found a shapeless heap of rubble. Imagine what went through his mind. What would have gone through your mind? Perhaps, shock would have crippled you as it did the other parents who were walking around dazed, clutching at their hearts and calling out their child's name. But in the case of this father, the sight of rubble and ruin only made him spring into action. He ran to the back corner of the building where his son's class used to be and began to dig. Why? What real hope did he have? What were the chances that his son could have survived such destruction? All he knew was that he had made a promise to always be there for his boy. It was this promise that animated his hands and motivated his heart.

As he began to dig, well-meaning parents tried to pull him out of the rubble saying: "It's too late!" "They're dead!" "You can't help!" "Go home!" "There's nothing you can do!" Then the fire chief tried to pull him off the rubble by saying, "Fires and explosions are happening everywhere. You're in danger. Go home!" Finally, the police came and said, "You're angry, distraught, but it's over. You're endangering others. Go home. We'll handle it!"

But he continued to dig for eight . . . 12 . . . 24 . . . 36 hours. Then, in the 38th hour, he pulled back a boulder and heard his sons' voice. Immediately, he screamed, "ARMAND!" Back came the words, "Dad!?" I told them! I told the other kids that if you were still alive, you'd save me! You promised me, you'd always be here for me! You did it, dad!"

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
There are no words to describe what you're about to see.

A Son asked his father, "Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?" The father who, despite having a heart condition, says "Yes". They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons. The father always saying "Yes" to his son's request of going through the race together. One day, the son asked his father, "Dad, let's join the Ironman together."

To which, his father said "Yes".

For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island.

Father and son went on to complete the race together!

A Father's Amazing Love - YouTube

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
A Tzaddik and a Rabbi who were entering into the shul to take their students to Sukkos. A party was held and half the students were drinking wine and being merry, the others abstained and were sober. The Rabbi asks the Tzaddik which of the students were righteous in their actions. The Tzaddik turns to the Rabbi and says, "do you know why one half drinks of the wine in preparation of the feast?" The Rabbi ponders and was unable to give an answer he was confident in giving. The Tzaddik says, "the ones who drink are acting righteously because the wine causes them to exaggerate the good qualities of their fellow men and they bring shalom. But the ones who abstain are acting just as righteously because if they were to drink they would exaggerate the negative of their fellow brothers"

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
God is sitting in Heaven when a scientist says to Him, 'Lord, we don't need you anymore. Science has finally figured out a way to create life out of nothing. In other words, we can now do what you did in the 'beginning'.'

"Oh, is that so? Tell me..." replies God.

'Well', says the scientist, 'we can take dirt and form it into the likeness of you and breathe life into it, thus creating man.'

"Well, that's interesting. Show Me."

So the scientist bends down to the earth and starts to mold the soil.

"Oh no, no, no..." interrupts God.

"Get your own dirt."

Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The Dubno Maggid once told a mashal (parable); "On the crossroads leading to the big city a merchant opened a store stocked with high-quality goods. It soon became apparent that few travelers were choosing to interrupt their journey and enter his store; rather, the majority of them hastened along the road towards the big city. What did he do? Adjacent to his store, he opened an inn where guests would be able to rest, as well as a restaurant that sold tasty delicacies. He placed a professional chef with a sterling reputation in charge of managing the inn and restaurant.

"I am not requesting anything from you," said the merchant to the chef. "Just go ahead and sell your delicacies, and do not pay me any money whatsoever. When travelers stop into your restaurant in order to partake of your delicious food, they will certainly enter my store as well."

One day, a group of unkempt-looking fellows visited the inn. After tasting the delightful cuisine, they decided to reside there for a number of days. While they helped themselves to a great deal of the food, they did not so much as enter the merchant's store. Seeing this, after several days of eating to their hearts' content, the merchant finally sent the guests on their way.

"Why are you kicking us out?" asked the surprised band of gluttons. "Did we not pay for the food?" "You certainly did," responded the merchant, "But I derived absolutely no benefit from it whatsoever. The sole purpose of the restaurant is to draw customers into my store. You, however, filled your stomachs with a massive amount of delicacies and did not even step into my store. Your lodging in my inn therefore serves me no purpose -- please leave and make room for someone else!"

The Dubno Maddid said, "HaShem bestows upon man a vast treasury of materialism from His goodness in order that man be able to engage in Torah study (and performance of mitzvot). Instead, however, man stuffs his stomach with these mundane delights and only occasionally steps into the beit midrash (house of study). His main purpose in life is relegated to secondary status, while that which is of secondary status is made primary. This is not the purpose for which HaShem created man!"

Likewise, Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 states, "Here is the final conclusion, now that you have heard everything: fear God, and keep his mitzvot (commandments); this is what being human is all about.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
A female humpback whale had become entangled in a spider web of crab traps and lines. She was weighted down by hundreds of pounds of traps that caused her to struggle to stay afloat. She also had hundreds of yards of line rope wrapped around her body, her tail, her torso, a line tugging in her mouth.

This is her story of giving gratitude.

A fisherman spotted her just east of the Faralon Islands (outside the Golden Gate) and radioed for help. Within a few hours, the rescue team arrived and determined that she was so badly off, the only way to save her was to dive in and untangle her…. a very dangerous proposition.

One slap of the tail could kill a rescuer.

They worked for hours with curved knives and eventually freed her.

When she was free, the divers say she swam in what seemed like joyous circles. She then came back to each and every diver, one at a time, nudged them, and pushed gently, thanking them. Some said it was the most incredibly beautiful experience of their lives.

The guy who cut the rope out of her mouth says her eye was following him the whole time, and he will never be the same.

May you be so fortunate …

To be surrounded by people who will help you get untangled from the things that are binding you.

And, may you always know the joy of giving and receiving gratitude.

734582_607356399294076_1518198716_n.jpg
That is a precious one Vis!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
An old Cherokee told his grandson, "My son, there's a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies & ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy & truth." The boy thought about it & asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?" The old Cherokee quietly replied, "The one you feed".

Cute story... but, until one gets born-again in Christ Jesus, there is no good in them.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Dubno Maggid once told a mashal (parable); "On the crossroads leading to the big city a merchant opened a store stocked with high-quality goods. It soon became apparent that few travelers were choosing to interrupt their journey and enter his store; rather, the majority of them hastened along the road towards the big city. What did he do? Adjacent to his store, he opened an inn where guests would be able to rest, as well as a restaurant that sold tasty delicacies. He placed a professional chef with a sterling reputation in charge of managing the inn and restaurant.

"I am not requesting anything from you," said the merchant to the chef. "Just go ahead and sell your delicacies, and do not pay me any money whatsoever. When travelers stop into your restaurant in order to partake of your delicious food, they will certainly enter my store as well."

One day, a group of unkempt-looking fellows visited the inn. After tasting the delightful cuisine, they decided to reside there for a number of days. While they helped themselves to a great deal of the food, they did not so much as enter the merchant's store. Seeing this, after several days of eating to their hearts' content, the merchant finally sent the guests on their way.

"Why are you kicking us out?" asked the surprised band of gluttons. "Did we not pay for the food?" "You certainly did," responded the merchant, "But I derived absolutely no benefit from it whatsoever. The sole purpose of the restaurant is to draw customers into my store. You, however, filled your stomachs with a massive amount of delicacies and did not even step into my store. Your lodging in my inn therefore serves me no purpose -- please leave and make room for someone else!"

The Dubno Maddid said, "HaShem bestows upon man a vast treasury of materialism from His goodness in order that man be able to engage in Torah study (and performance of mitzvot). Instead, however, man stuffs his stomach with these mundane delights and only occasionally steps into the beit midrash (house of study). His main purpose in life is relegated to secondary status, while that which is of secondary status is made primary. This is not the purpose for which HaShem created man!"

Likewise, Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 states, "Here is the final conclusion, now that you have heard everything: fear God, and keep his mitzvot (commandments); this is what being human is all about.
I like this. :thumbsup:

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
A doctor from France says:"In France , the medicine is so advanced that we cut off a man's testicles; we put them into another man, and in 6 weeks he is looking for work."

A German doctor comments quietly : "That's nothing, in Germany we take part of the brain out of a person; we put it into another person head, and in 4 weeks he is looking for work."

A Russian doctor says boasting :"That's nothing either. In Russia we take out half of the heart from a person; we put it into another person's chest, and in 2 weeks he is looking for work."

The U.S. doctor laughs and answers loudly immediately: "That's nothing my colleagues, you are way behind us....in the USA , about 5 years ago, we grabbed a person from Kenya with no brains, no heart, and no balls....we made him President of the United States, and now....... the whole country is looking for work

Upvote 0