stoking the fire of faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I was reborn into a new way of serving God. The fire method, it is called. Everything you do stokes the fire within you- Bible study, Physical training, education, etc. You unleash this fire whenever needed. As you unleash the fire more, it gets stronger and stronger within you.
It is obvious how to stoke the fire usually, but , God showed me, before I start I must stoke the fire of faith that enables me to go forth. Any ideas? Thanks.

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Sounds interesting.

The best way I have found to stoke the fires of faith, is to study the Bible with intensity and for meaning, and to watch for God's work in your life.

You can often see the things that God does for you, at least in retrospect.

Make a list of the things you know the Lord has done or is continuing to do for you and in your life. Have you always had enough to eat? Did He ever surprise you with just the right thing at just the right time? Did He ever protect you from something you wanted but would have hurt you?

Get a little notebook and carry it around with you for a few days and every time God's provision or faithfulness to you comes to mind, write it down.

Then, even when you can't feel Him or the fires aren't stoking, you can look at your notebook and see that He is faithful to you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.