US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Still needing to find a different job. It's been a month since the last post about this retail pharmacy job not working well for me. I've gotten better and feel that I am doing a good job, but things are getting worse.

My manager and I have started getting into arguments. He starts getting onto me in front of customers and just automatically assumes I don't know what I'm doing without even listening to me. He regularly insults me. I've tried the ignore it and just say okay to whatever he says approach that really only makes him get onto me more. He just looks bad I front of customers when he does it because most of the customers are nice to me. It's just this boss. So I started speaking up and telling him and he still doesn't listen.

He told me that maybe I should just go work at a slower store.

It's outrageous the way they operate but I realize it is retail pharmacy which is the bottom of the barrel.

I really need a new job something that involves minimal emotional commitment and doesn't interfer with school hours. 8-5 most days :( ... I feel like I'm gonna have to stop school work save money and go back if I can't figure something out. Cause this is just a ticking time bomb. It's only getting worse and worse.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sam91

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes but he is the ticking time bomb if that's how he treats the help. All you have to do is persevere and rest in the Lord, trust in the Lord and do your job keeping your communication open with the most high God asking for strength.. In my 44 years of working in a big world wide soft drink company I had 4 different guys like that through the years who actually threatened to have me removed or close my department. I made it to retirement and they were all long gone, one younger than me. It was always a nervous time I'll admit but I trusted in God and here I am. And I left respected for knowing my field. Understand that your boss must not have the Lord if he treats you this way and if he does either you will be corrected in your way of work or he will be corrected in his way of managing. Stand your ground be polite is all. God is in charge of everything. If you are meant to move on the Lord will magically open an opportunity for you when that time comes.

By the way my wife went through this in a pharmacy, little did she know that they were expanding a stand alone branch and wanted pharmacy techs for it and she a clerk was being considered. It was suggested she study for the tech test, she did and passed and is a tech now in that stand alone pharmacy. And two of her original managers are gone now. She has only worked there going on 4 years, supposed to be part time for some extra money but her hours look more like full time right now.

Upvote 0