Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Audio books read too fast for me. I like to take my time w/ books & digest every passage slowly.

However, I agree w/ you on your method. I check out from the library music CDs to listen to on a CD player, DVDs to watch on a DVD player, & paper books (although it seems like e-books never really took off). I also have a portable radio I listen to as well.

The problem w/ streaming services, it's a la carte, so that's why I check out DVDs.
Music CD's, I just got into. I got sick of YouTube reccomending me the same music over & over.
Paper books, I get eye strain from screens easy. It's just easier to read on a page.
Radio, I like the talk shows & selection of music. I had got it b/c our office didn't allow Wi-Fi for employees & I don't have the patience to download stuff onto my phone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have a nook, I really don't like paper books because I don't have room for them.
That's true. Plus, once you buy one, it just sits on your shelf for years until you maybe read it again. Libraries often have a good selection, but many times they're missing something you're dying to read in particular. I guess you can always sell them or donate them?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I listen to digital audiobooks from the library and streaming services. I increase the speed. I’ll get physical CDs if the title is unavailable and I don’t want to buy it.

I always have a large amount of physical books checked out too. There’s something comforting about the stacks.

Upvote 0

Christian Bowler

Mar 23, 2021
Living
✟5,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Audio books read too fast for me. I like to take my time w/ books & digest every passage slowly.

However, I agree w/ you on your method. I check out from the library music CDs to listen to on a CD player, DVDs to watch on a DVD player, & paper books (although it seems like e-books never really took off). I also have a portable radio I listen to as well.

The problem w/ streaming services, it's a la carte, so that's why I check out DVDs.
Music CD's, I just got into. I got sick of YouTube reccomending me the same music over & over.
Paper books, I get eye strain from screens easy. It's just easier to read on a page.
Radio, I like the talk shows & selection of music. I had got it b/c our office didn't allow Wi-Fi for employees & I don't have the patience to download stuff onto my phone.
I agree I don't have the patience to download either. I am going DVD and CD only now in the age of streaming.

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0