Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Blessed-one said:
ya!! how did you find it?
i so much want to read book 1. I think reading book 2 first has determined my favourite set of characters.
The public library ordered it... I had advance notice (since I work there) that we were getting it so I was first on the reserve list. I just wish I had more solid blocks of time to devote to reading!

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
great! let me know what you think when you've had a read. :)

i think i'm gonna return book 4 and wait for book 1. Book 4 is totally different.. in terms of characters and setting. My interest is rapidly slipping away. Maybe i'll understand more if i read book 1.

Upvote 0

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Finished Gardens of the Moon the other day, and am frustrated that now I have to either a.) wait for the U.S. publication of the next book in the series or b.) try to acquire it through a foreign bookseller... :sigh:

Initially, I had mixed feelings about this-- ho-hum, another fantasy novel in another fantasy world-- but as the story progressed, I found myself more and more drawn into what was going on. I really liked how Erikson gives little glimpses into the world's past without launching into big tirades or history lessons. I can't say it was the greatest work of fantasy I've ever read, but I was certainly impressed enough to want to read more! :)

Upvote 0