Stephen King Puts Nail in the Coffin of His Career With New Novel Reeking of Woke Propaganda

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As a total horror fanatic, author Stephen King has been one of my literary heroes for a long, long time. I’ve read a lot of his work, even the not-so-good novels that many readers found to be subpar. Heck, I even managed to find some gems in those books, enjoying the way he crafts characters and comes up with unusual concepts to base his spooky tales around. He truly is a master of the craft.

Well, he was, anyway.

King’s work shifted from great, well-developed characters and creative scenarios to being largely focused on preaching left-wing propaganda, a slippery slope he’s been zooming down for many years now. I don’t mind messaging in my fiction, so long as it is creatively presented in the story’s subtext. I might disagree with the message, but I can still enjoy a well-told yarn. But King has ditched any pretense of being a storyteller in favor of being a propagandist, a fact his latest novel makes perfectly clear.

John Nolte, an entertainment writer for Breitbart News, put out a new report covering King’s new book, “Holly,” featuring a popular character with many, many mental health quirks from his hit “Mr. Mercedes” series, and revealed that it’s basically a progressive diatribe about COVID, featuring a white couple as the novel’s antagonists. And guess what? The bad guys are racist anti-vaxxers.

Nolte pointed to a review produced by the folks over at the American Thinker, which details all the hate and bigotry contained in the book:

Continued below.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I love Stephen King. I've read a ton of his stuff. I'm not surprised by this because he is very liberal.

. (His daughter, a Unitarian minister, is married to a woman much, much older than her).

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I stopped reading King's stuff after I read The Tommyknockers, basically because I got tired of being tied to a book that was so long it took me six months to read. I've hitch-read from a few of his later things, but frankly, they just don't hold my interest. I tried to read Dreamcatcher, but found it unutterably boring; I enjoyed the movie a lot better. And I tried to read 11/22/63, but ran into the same problem: I didn't expect to live long enough to plow through a book that long and complicated.

I know he's a serious progressive liberal; I heard him in an interview once where he referred to Glenn Beck as "Satan's mentally-challenged younger brother"----which, even though I'm not a huge fan of Beck, I still did not find in the least amusing. I have often wondered if he's gone back to his earlier novels and "sanitized" them from what they were when originally published; there's a sentence in IT that I recall where a homosexual minor character is referred to as a "fruit". Does he regret having written such things? (Not that I care, frankly.)

Well, anyway, I still have a minor collection of his earlier stuff that he wrote before 1985 that I still re-read and enjoy from time to time; but I have no interest in his elephantine later novels, and I certainly have no interest in being preached at and told how evil I am simply because I'm a white, male, heterosexual Christian.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I love Stephen King. I've read a ton of his stuff. I'm not surprised by this because he is very liberal.

. (His daughter, a Unitarian minister, is married to a woman much, much older than her).
I used to read some of his books but haven’t in a long while. I never reread fiction books but I recently bought a copy of Salem’s Lot (I read it years ago, either from the library or I bought it and don’t have it anymore.)

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I used to read some of his books but haven’t in a long while. I never reread fiction books but I recently bought a copy of Salem’s Lot (I read it years ago, either from the library or I bought it and don’t have it anymore.)
Great book! Haven't read it in years.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As a total horror fanatic, author Stephen King has been one of my literary heroes for a long, long time. I’ve read a lot of his work, even the not-so-good novels that many readers found to be subpar. Heck, I even managed to find some gems in those books, enjoying the way he crafts characters and comes up with unusual concepts to base his spooky tales around. He truly is a master of the craft.

Well, he was, anyway.

King’s work shifted from great, well-developed characters and creative scenarios to being largely focused on preaching left-wing propaganda, a slippery slope he’s been zooming down for many years now. I don’t mind messaging in my fiction, so long as it is creatively presented in the story’s subtext. I might disagree with the message, but I can still enjoy a well-told yarn. But King has ditched any pretense of being a storyteller in favor of being a propagandist, a fact his latest novel makes perfectly clear.

John Nolte, an entertainment writer for Breitbart News, put out a new report covering King’s new book, “Holly,” featuring a popular character with many, many mental health quirks from his hit “Mr. Mercedes” series, and revealed that it’s basically a progressive diatribe about COVID, featuring a white couple as the novel’s antagonists. And guess what? The bad guys are racist anti-vaxxers.

Nolte pointed to a review produced by the folks over at the American Thinker, which details all the hate and bigotry contained in the book:

Continued below.
No way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah. To say the least. There is a reason they changed a scene from the book to make it more palatable for the IT film.
I was 14 when I read IT about 14 years ago. Goodness, that scene was graphic! :O

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I stopped reading King's stuff after I read The Tommyknockers, basically because I got tired of being tied to a book that was so long it took me six months to read. I've hitch-read from a few of his later things, but frankly, they just don't hold my interest. I tried to read Dreamcatcher, but found it unutterably boring; I enjoyed the movie a lot better. And I tried to read 11/22/63, but ran into the same problem: I didn't expect to live long enough to plow through a book that long and complicated.

I know he's a serious progressive liberal; I heard him in an interview once where he referred to Glenn Beck as "Satan's mentally-challenged younger brother"----which, even though I'm not a huge fan of Beck, I still did not find in the least amusing. I have often wondered if he's gone back to his earlier novels and "sanitized" them from what they were when originally published; there's a sentence in IT that I recall where a homosexual minor character is referred to as a "fruit". Does he regret having written such things? (Not that I care, frankly.)

Well, anyway, I still have a minor collection of his earlier stuff that he wrote before 1985 that I still re-read and enjoy from time to time; but I have no interest in his elephantine later novels, and I certainly have no interest in being preached at and told how evil I am simply because I'm a white, male, heterosexual Christian.
In It with the homosexual character, it was based on his earlier experiences during his childhood. I am interested in reading Dreamcatcher soon. I read The Regulators and it took me nearly a year to finish because I found it very dry.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I stopped reading them years ago. I think pet cemetery. I made a deal with myself. No books until i read the bible. But i had to be dedicated to it and i wasn't. I never know the right place to start. I've read it a few times but not studied it. The saddest book I've ever read was flowers in the attic, not kings book

Upvote 0