Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is how Paul witnessed: 1 Corinthians 9:19-23
Serving All Men
19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ, that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.
And all this he did in the spirit of LOVE, letting his example speak the loudest, and allowing the power of his testimony by the Holy Spirit give Glory to God in all things.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is how Paul witnessed: 1 Corinthians 9:19-23
Serving All Men
19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ, that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.
And all this he did in the spirit of LOVE, letting his example speak the loudest, and allowing the power of his testimony by the Holy Spirit give Glory to God in all things.
It's really good to be ready to witness to people of different backgrounds; which is what Paul did. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Wet Squirrel

Mar 9, 2018
Barczewo
✟1,125.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let's not continue like Paul in these days or else you would need to become drug lord to win drug lords and fornicator to win fornicators .

Paul was alone so he had to get to everybody , nowdays God can use different people for preaching to people like them for best chance of saving somebody . I saw people who were gang members with piercings all over thier face and tattos who plead blood of Christ for remission of sin so God would most likelly use that person to preach to other gang members rather than using you who has no idea how to get to that person .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MelissaC

Dec 1, 2018
Peck
✟15,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Alot of christians are wondering 'Man, i wanna witness but i got no idea how!' Well, we're going to share with you a way to share your faith biblically and effectively and it's not some intellectual mumbo jumbo. It's a simple 4 step way to witness your faith. Remember this WDJD principle and you'll never get lost in a witnessing encounter. Alot of this has been based on biblical methods, Jesus' methods and teachings found from www.livingwaters.com. This method works for 1 on 1 with strangers, friends or even enemies ;). It can work with more than 1 person too but the priciple is the same.

The first step

is to know how to start a conversation. If you haven't been able to start a conversation with someone, just say 'Hi.' it could brighten up their day. Talk about the weather, talk about sports, talk about something that they can relate to.

"Hi there! How's it going?"
"Oh? Pretty good how are you?"

If they don't respond, don't worry too much about it. You'll just feel silly.

If they do respond, find the timing to swing into the spiritual. This is where it gets interesting.

W
"Would you consider yourself to be a good person?"
"Ah yeah pretty much."
"Can i ask you a few questions to see if that's true?"
"Sure! Go ahead."

D
Do you think you've kept the 10 commandments

"Have you ever told a lie?"
"Sure thing."
"If you tell lies what does that make you?"
"A liar?"
"Yep have you ever stolen anything?"
"Nope."
"Comon you just admitted to me you're a liar."
"Oh okay when i was young."
"If you steal things what does that make you?"
"A theif."
"Now Jesus said 'Whoever looks at a woman to lust after HAS already commited adultery in his heart.' ever done that?"
"Yep, plenty of times."

"Woah, what's your name?"
"Jordan."
"Ah Jordan, i'm Dave nice to meet you. Jordan by your own admission you're a lying, theiving adulterer at heart and you'll have to face God on judgement day."

J
Judgement

"If God judges you by the 10 commandments would you be innocent or guilty?"
"Guilty."

D
Destiny

"Would you be going to heaven or hell?"
"Heaven!"
"Why?"
"Because God is good!"
"Yep, you're right, He is good. Therefore He must punish sinners right? If i was a policeman, and my best friend went out and killed someone. Am i not, under the law, to go there and arrest him? But instead i said to myself 'Nah, he's my best friend, i'll let him go.' That will make me corrupt. Therefore if God is perfect and just, how can He just let us go. That would make Him corrupt right?"
"Oh i guess so."
"Again, where will you go? Heaven or hell?"
"Hell..."

:) I'm taking this class right now myself :)

THE GOSPEL (2 possible pathways)

1 PROUD HEART
"Now does that concern you?"
"Nope!"
"Are you sure that you're not concerned about it at all? Comon..."
"Nope, not concerned a bit."
"Okay, i'm sorry to hear that, have a nice day."

2 HUMBLE HEART
"Yes!"
"Do you know what God did for you so you wouldn't have to go to hell?"
"No."
"He died on the cross. Took the punishment for us. We broke His law, He paid our fine. God offers you forgiveness for all of your sins. Would you like to know how to get it?"
"Yes!"
"You need to repent, basically you turn from your sin. You repent, and believe in Him, not just know Him, but trust in Him and obey what He tells you. Ask Him to forgive you and help you repent. Just pray to Him, call upon His name and He will hear you. That way, when you die, your sins are forgiven, and you can come into heaven with Him. That's His love for you, instead of giving you justice, He desires mercy."

Quite easy to do and remember. Practice with a friend or yourself. Just get a feel for it. If you can remember these points, you'll never get lost in a conversation. Good luck! :thumbsup:

PS: any changes that need to be made, mistakes etc, PM me i'll check it out.

EDIT: obviously you should be gentle throughout this conversation. i've changed it so that you don't sound like a maniac shouting at someone. Although with text, you can see things in many different ways.

Upvote 0

MelissaC

Dec 1, 2018
Peck
✟15,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That witnessing thing though feels somewhat a bit cruel though... doesn't it? If I were to do that to people in my class I don't think they'd feel very comfortable.

From what I've learned by doing this, is by them feeling uncomfortable, the Holy Spirit is convicting them of their sins. It's a good thing.

• Informative
Reactions: Call me Nic
Upvote 0

Prepper Pete

Dec 2, 2018
Oviedo, FL
Visit site
✟11,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
St Francis of Assisi did not say... "“Preach the Gospel at all times. Use words if necessary”, but I like it regardless of who said it first or even why.

The first and most basic step to witnessing is to be a good witness.

Think of a court who has called a witness to testify to the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. What happens when that witness is found to be unreliable, or of demonstrably poor moral character? It clouds the witnesses testimony, and more often than not it will fail to compel jurors to believe his or her testimony.

So why should it be any different for Christians who wish to witness about the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Are you a reliable and good witness of sound moral standing?

Once your house in order, what better witness is their to a sinner seeking redemption, than a former sinner who has had similar struggles and has a wonderful story to share about why the sacrifice of God's only begotten son has set you free!

Upvote 0

Kenyon Ledford

Mar 1, 2019
Parts Unknown
✟15,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Alot of christians are wondering 'Man, i wanna witness but i got no idea how!' Well, we're going to share with you a way to share your faith biblically and effectively and it's not some intellectual mumbo jumbo. It's a simple 4 step way to witness your faith. Remember this WDJD principle and you'll never get lost in a witnessing encounter. Alot of this has been based on biblical methods, Jesus' methods and teachings found from www.livingwaters.com. This method works for 1 on 1 with strangers, friends or even enemies ;). It can work with more than 1 person too but the priciple is the same.

The first step

is to know how to start a conversation. If you haven't been able to start a conversation with someone, just say 'Hi.' it could brighten up their day. Talk about the weather, talk about sports, talk about something that they can relate to.

If they do respond, find the timing to swing into the spiritual. This is where it gets interesting.

W
"Ah yeah pretty much."
"Sure! Go ahead."

D

"Sure thing."
"A liar?"
"Nope."
"A theif."
"Now Jesus said 'Whoever looks at a woman to lust after HAS already commited adultery in his heart.' ever done that?"
"Yep, plenty of times."

"Jordan."
"Ah Jordan, i'm Dave nice to meet you. Jordan by your own admission you're a lying, theiving adulterer at heart and you'll have to face God on judgement day."

J
Judgement

"Guilty."

D
Destiny

"Heaven!"
"Why?"
"Because God is good!"
"Yep, you're right, He is good. Therefore He must punish sinners right? If i was a policeman, and my best friend went out and killed someone. Am i not, under the law, to go there and arrest him? But instead i said to myself 'Nah, he's my best friend, i'll let him go.' That will make me corrupt. Therefore if God is perfect and just, how can He just let us go. That would make Him corrupt right?"
"Oh i guess so."
"Hell..."

1 PROUD HEART
"Nope!"

2 HUMBLE HEART
"Yes!"
"No."
"He died on the cross. Took the punishment for us. We broke His law, He paid our fine. God offers you forgiveness for all of your sins. Would you like to know how to get it?"
"Yes!"
"You need to repent, basically you turn from your sin. You repent, and believe in Him, not just know Him, but trust in Him and obey what He tells you. Ask Him to forgive you and help you repent. Just pray to Him, call upon His name and He will hear you. That way, when you die, your sins are forgiven, and you can come into heaven with Him. That's His love for you, instead of giving you justice, He desires mercy."

Quite easy to do and remember. Practice with a friend or yourself. Just get a feel for it. If you can remember these points, you'll never get lost in a conversation. Good luck! :thumbsup:

EDIT: obviously you should be gentle throughout this conversation. i've changed it so that you don't sound like a maniac shouting at someone. Although with text, you can see things in many different ways.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KateforChrist

Koalas are NOT bears
Nov 18, 2019
Sydney
✟27,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

This is excellent:

Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions

by Greg Koukl

There is a really good preview of the first part of the book at that link on Amazon.

Contents:

Part One: The Game Plan

1. Diplomacy or D-Day? 4
2. Reservations 17
3. Getting in the Driver?s Seat: The Columbo Tactic 32
4. Columbo Step Two: The Burden of Proof 52
5. Step Three: Using Columbo to Lead the Way 69
6. Perfecting Columbo 91

Part Two: Finding the Flaws

7. Suicide: Views That Self-Destruct 112
8. Practical Suicide 130
9. Sibling Rivalry and Infanticide 142
10. Taking the Roof Off 158
11. Steamroller 176
12. Rhodes Scholar 188
13. Just the Facts, Ma?am 200
14. More Sweat, Less Blood 216

Also see:

The Columbo Tactic

And the following is about not having to "seal the deal" but to put a stone in a person's shoe:

A Stone in His Shoe | Stand to Reason

If you do an internet/YouTube search you can find video sermons/lectures by Greg Koukl about Tactics.

If you need help with that please let me know.

Upvote 0

sweetycakes1

Loving the Lord
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2019
North Carolina
✟33,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The first step

W
"Ah yeah pretty much."
"Sure! Go ahead."

D

"Sure thing."
"A liar?"
"Nope."
"A theif."
"Yep, plenty of times."

"Jordan."

J
Judgement

"Guilty."

D
Destiny

"Heaven!"
"Why?"
"Because God is good!"
"Oh i guess so."
"Hell..."

1 PROUD HEART
"Nope!"

2 HUMBLE HEART
"Yes!"
"No."
"Yes!"

Loved the post! Thank you

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Where is the call to action telling the person to ask the Lord to forgive them of their sins and then confess to the Lord they believe Jesus was raised from the dead fort the remission of their sins and then confessing that Jesus is now their Lord and Savior?

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

And of course once one accept the Lord, they need to be baptized in obedience to the Word of the Lord:

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mark 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved

Upvote 0