US
✟1,101,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Good thing that illegals won't become police officers in the US. Quit trying to gaslight, as it says "non-citizens" (as in those who have immigrated her legally) not illegals.
I took the headline directly from the article. You present false information; and you want to talk to me about gaslighting?

LOL!

Get real.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure you intended to say that "illegal aliens can legally become police officers" as your article -- and the law itself -- says the exact opposite. Non-Citizens can become police officers, under the law, if they have a permit to work in the United States. Illegal aliens, not being here legally, cannot get a work permit for the US.
Yea, typo on my part. Cannot become police officers!

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Defunding the police is now a right-wing Republican agenda.
The Republicans didn't defund these departments; and the Republicans are trying to fill those positions with low wage criminals.

Is that you best attempt to shift the blame?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure you intended to say that "illegal aliens can legally become police officers" as your article -- and the law itself -- says the exact opposite. Non-Citizens can become police officers, under the law, if they have a permit to work in the United States. Illegal aliens, not being here legally, cannot get a work permit for the US.
That covers DACA recipients and those who arrived illegally but have been granted tentative status because of rough conditions in their home countries. It could even encompass some illegal immigrants caught and released into the U.S. under Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas’ “parole” power.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I took the headline directly from the article. You present false information; and you want to talk to me about gaslighting?

LOL!

Get real.
We were all gaslit by the august Washington Times?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
How isn’t this “goading”?
Based on the evidence that I provided, I believe it's a fair question to ask to back up that bare assertion with some evidence to refute my source.

That's how logical arguments work.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That covers DACA recipients and those who arrived illegally but have been granted tentative status because of rough conditions in their home countries. It could even encompass some illegal immigrants caught and released into the U.S. under Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas’ “parole” power.

Due process, yes.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Based on the evidence that I provided, I believe it's a fair question to ask to back up that bare assertion with some evidence to refute my source.

That's how logical arguments work?
I axed that, you can delete this if you’d like but I withdrew the query.
But asking for a source for why an unqualified candidate would be excluded strains credulity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I axed that, you can delete this if you’d like but I withdrew the query.
But asking for a source for why an unqualified candidate would be excluded strains credulity.
I provided my source.

Where is yours?

See: Burden of Proof

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Would you need a source for the assertion that the sun will rise in the East tomorrow?
I would consider that an axiom.

Do you have anything to add that might be relevant, in absence of anything to support your bare assertion?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
A clue is in the title of the thread. According to the article, departments are struggling to hire; because they have been defunded.
<Rereads article> I see that no where in the piece you linked.
So we get low paid police officers whom, of some, owe money to the cartels for illegally entering the country.
The article mentions people like DACA. It only speculates that people owing cartels "might" happen without any explanation of how people smuggled in illegaly would be granted work visas.
I'm not sure that this is the best approach to solving the crime problem, nor inhibiting the possibility of corrupt cops.

The article mentions those who think this is a good approach. Namely police officers and bipartisan supporters.

The push to expand police forces to noncitizens is often driven by former officers now serving in state legislatures.

The effort is also strikingly bipartisan. Illinois’ measure cleared the state House on a 100-7 vote

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The article mentions people like DACA. It only speculates that people owing cartels "might" happen without any explanation of how people smuggled in illegaly would be granted work visas.
I already posted an excerpt of that portion of the article in Post# 65.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The article mentions those who think this is a good approach. Namely police officers and bipartisan supporters.
That's because the Moonie Times offers balanced reporting, unlike most of these Liberal yellow journalistic "news" outlets.

They present opinions from both sides of an issue. You might want to explore their articles more often. It's quite refreshing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.