State multiculturalism has failed, says David Cameron

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Do you seriously believe there were no Muslims in this country before 1965?
correct.

Not getting the connection.. you'll have to elaborate- and still not getting how this connects to multiculturalism- immigration doesn't create multiculturalism.
The Immigration Reform Act of 1965 was the direct result of the immergance of multiculturalism.

You want to deport legal residents and American Citizens because of their religion?
Correct. It's the only sure way to keep out Islamic terrorists.

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

I only exist on the internet
Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Mohammed Ali joined the Nation of Islam in 1964.

What about Latino terrorists? Should every Latino be forced to leave the US?

images

^^Terrorist attacks on US soil by perpetrator in the last 30 years

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I suggest you review your knowledge of immigration, US history and religion in the US - Maryland and Iowa were home to mosques quite some time before 1965 and I'm sure if I can name 2 then there must have been more.

The Immigration Reform Act of 1965 was the direct result of the immergance of multiculturalism.

You keep saying that.. but your statement isn't linked to any facts nor to how this multiculturalism creates a terrorist attack.

Yet.. people who are Muslim have probably been here for as long or longer than your own family and the number of terrorist attacks by persons who are Muslim doesn't seem particularly large compared to those who are not Muslim.

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

I only exist on the internet
Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
And a few more Arabs, and a few Persians, and a few Turks, and a few whites... Islam in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Islam has existed in America for hundreds of years, ever since America has been a country. Thanks for posting the link, I learnt something!

They're not the problem? And yet they commit 5 times the number of terrorist attacks as the Muslims you hate so much.

Indeed. The IRA here in Britain killed more people than Muslims ever did, and yet Irish people are largely tolerated and are generally not nearly as discriminated against in this country as Muslims are.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_States

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Multiculturalism got its start in 1965 with the Immigration Reform act that let Musims in for the first time. That led to the events of 9/11.

We should repeal the Immigration Act of 1965, and deport those already here before they kill any more of us.

Deporting legal residence ex post facto because they are Muslim is a radical and unconstitutional idea, on many levels.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TemperateSeaIsland

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi
Aug 7, 2005
Wales, UK
✟21,785.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Britain was once a Christian nation.

Where Christians of different branches persecuted eachother. There is also the dynamic of Britain being made up of various different nations who still retain some cultural reminants of independance and to this day still seeking greater autonomy from Westminster.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
People use to come to America because they wanted to be Americans. Now it seems that people want to remain whatever and use America for whatever purposes.

What else is new? "Being American" was always a means to an end -- wealth and prosperity -- since this country was founded.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brindisi

Oct 16, 2010
New England
✟2,127.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Multiculturalism has failed: Verhagen -- DutchNews.nl, Tuesday 15 February 2011

Christian Democrat leader Maxime Verhagen on Monday said the multicultural society has failed. He was speaking during the recording of tv show Nova College Tour, reports the Algemeen Dagblad.

Verhagen told the programme the Dutch no longer feel at home in their own country and immigrants are not entirely happy here either.
The minister wants the Dutch to be prouder of their country like people in the US where they first say they are American and then where they originally come from, says the paper.

He follows his European colleagues in declaring multiculturalism a failure. German chancellor Angela Merkel, British prime minister David Cameron and French president Nicolas Sarkozy have all said the same, the paper states.

Upvote 0

PHenry42

Feb 3, 2011
✟1,527.00
Faith
Muslim
You know why there is no such thing as a country that manages to successfully be multicultural for any longer time?

*drum roll*

Because, if that happens, the cultures start blending together, and the end result is an entirely new hybrid-culture, not multiculture but (ta-daa!) monoculture!

Contemporary English are a mix of Celtic, Anglic, Saxon, Danish and Norman; all different tribes living together in the place that's nowadays called England. If you think contemporary England is an attempt at multiculture, you've seen nothing! Yet, strangely enough, there are no Saxonistan suburbs, neither are Celts overrepresented among prison populations, neither are streets made unsafe by Danish rapist gangs, nor are Normans living on welfare at the expense of everyone else ;)

Upvote 0

YoungJoonKim

Dec 8, 2005
✟16,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If you think contemporary England is an attempt at multiculture, you've seen nothing! Yet, strangely enough, there are no Saxonistan suburbs, neither are Celts overrepresented among prison populations, neither are streets made unsafe by Danish rapist gangs, nor are Normans living on welfare at the expense of everyone else ;)

.........strawman argument....

Completely different historical time period...and situation...where tribal warfare was the norm (hence the Norman/Saxon Conquests) and national consciousness (national identity) was non-existence... let alone ideas of nationalism, national identity, and heritage..

To compare 21st century with the dark age is simply idiotic. Plus, these were barbaric times. Are you suggesting that we are in the days of tribal warfare and cultural absorption? I don't think so.

Also, please state the characters of these Norman/Danish/Saxon/Celtic/etc culture and how they are similar. Because certain cultures are more compatible than you might think.

So I have to ask...
Are you trolling or are you serious?
If you are not serious, try to be witty with better historical facts.

Not saying that your idea of cultural blending is wrong, but you are overly simplifying the situation in England or France.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PHenry42

Feb 3, 2011
✟1,527.00
Faith
Muslim
Oh, I'm totally serious. If those tribes, who often were at open war with each other and probably hated each others' guts, could still assimilate together and create a unified English culture, why couldn't present-day European ethnically mixed populations? There is waaaay less open hostility among the latter than the former.

How would the (alleged) lack of national consciousness, identity and heritage matter? Are you saying those tribes didn't have tribal identity/consciousness and heritages of their own?

Upvote 0