starting over 40

Cookieboo

Aug 18, 2011
✟15,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Deborah! New beginnings are full of possibilities, here is praying that your new start is filled with healing, hope and blessings from Abba. And no, you should not have known better, you expected better and you now know you deserve better. The mentality that develops in women in abusive relationships is not conducive to freedom and security, it is completely about dominance and insecurity. You had the courage - good on you girl!

Upvote 0

BarbaraJean

You took the fall and thought of me, above all!
Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
this year is going to be a great year! I hope. A year of new start for me, i feel both excitement and a little worry ( over 20 years in abusive marriage leaves its mark.. and yes I know I should have known better). So just wanted to share that this morning

So how are you doing, Deborah? :hug:

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2011
✟15,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
this year is going to be a great year! I hope. A year of new start for me, i feel both excitement and a little worry ( over 20 years in abusive marriage leaves its mark.. and yes I know I should have known better). So just wanted to share that this morning

Deborah do not beat yourself up about *knowing better* it is not as easy as that. You did what you could with what you had I am sure :). There is a thread about this sort of thing right now talking about the worst things a person can say to an abuse victim and I think *you should have known better* was on that list.

I will keep you in my prayers that your new start go smoothly and that you heal quickly and that you walk daily in God's will and perfect peace :prayer:

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2011
Seattle, Washington
✟7,671.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just turned 40 years old at the beginning of this month. I decided to start a blog on blogspot.com and just dedicate the blog to the glory of God--the goal is that ten years from now that I will really grow in my faith in God.

I started my blog with this quote from the book Having A Mary Spirit by Joanna Weaver:

"It all comes down to this. The pain and injustice of life, our wrongdoing or the wrongdoing of others, may twist and distort us, creating fault lines and weak areas. But it's our response to these issues that makes the real difference . It's what we do--and what we let God do."

I hope that you are doing well. God Bless.

Upvote 0