• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Starting From Scratch

InTheCloud

Veteran
May 9, 2007
Planet Earth
✟12,597.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
One thing I am a bit worried about, whether I should use the money I earned. I saved a bit, but I feel wrong spending it now, maybe that I should give it to a charity or something? But then again I could use it for the bond on a unit and buy some furniture, maybe enough to keep me through a year of school, or I am thinking of maybe TAFE.

My advice, save your money for education, even if that means living in a boarding home, be patient and learn to wait.

I looked up hope foundation they are in Brisbane which is only like 100km south of where I am, I will think about contacting Bronwen maybe but right now I'm kind of really scared of asking for help. On here feels kind of safer because it is more anonymous, I'm not sure I want to face up to who I am in person with someone yet.

The women that work there have done the things you did, so there is nothing to be ashamed off when talking to them, and you need the advice.

Tomorrow I am going to go looking for (normal) job, it's summer holidays for schools here now and I really need something to keep me busy for a few hours each day, being around Christmas time I think a lot of shops are hiring casual staff so I'll try there first.
Also I heard from someone don't remember who the other day that the State Government runs a program for women who want to get out of the sex industry, like giving them subsidised training and finding employment and stuff, I must find out more about it.

Good luck Alison, I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi Alison,

I just want to echo what InTheCloud (Ricardo) said. The women at the HOpe Foundation used to be in your shoes. There will be no judgement there. They will probably know about all the available government programs and subsidies for you and they will also be able to help you with a life plan which you will need.

Listen, I can't say this enough because this is a mistake that a lot of girls make when they try to get out.

1. Ask professionals for help. (Bronwen)
2. Save your money as much as possible.
3. Make a plan with those professionals- doesn't have to be super specific but you need a realistic goal that will further you in life.

Good luck honey.

Upvote 0

CosmicBalance

Jan 10, 2008
Sunshine Coast
✟7,787.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Well I went out and got a job today. Working at a Subway. The pay sucks but at least it's a 'normal' job I guess. And it is giving me something to do, I hate being idle. Training starts tomorrow, I hope I can learn how to make sandwiches quickly!

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I went out and got a job today. Working at a Subway. The pay sucks but at least it's a 'normal' job I guess. And it is giving me something to do, I hate being idle. Training starts tomorrow, I hope I can learn how to make sandwiches quickly!

Alison that's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will do fantastic I am sure!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

New Creation

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Wow, you don't mess around do you Alison? Good for you! I love Subway sandwiches- they are delicious.
You will do great.

Have you considered calling Bronwen anymore?

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Aleksandra! Beautiful name! I'm Courtney - a former stripper....Welcome here!

There's a book that comes to mind if you're a reader- The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis that takes on the problem of a loving God existing in such a painful world...

Or just hang out here- there's lots of us here (despite how it looks) and we are kind of a mix of faiths - maybe we could help you bounce around some ideas...

Either way- Welcome!

Upvote 0

InTheCloud

Veteran
May 9, 2007
Planet Earth
✟12,597.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Welcome Alexandra, if you do worry about if there is a God, or what is his nature, you are more an agnostic than a hardline atheist.

Stick around, and lurk in the denominational forums for that question.

And of course, atheist, agnostic, liberal or conservative christian, buddhist, pagan or jewish, you are always welcome here to discuss issues related to sex work and leaving it.

Upvote 0

New Creation

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi Aleksandra!:wave: I'm Paula.

I love the way you spell your name.

I'm a former stripper too. I was a believer in nothing for a lot of my adult life then I became a pagan/wiccan for about 9 years. Having something was better than having nothing, that's for sure. For the last 7 years, however, I've been a believer in God who came to earth, God who became man, God who redeemed us - Jesus Christ.

Hope to hear from you often- you are welcome to post here about your faith if you like as well. Glad to meet you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Fragile

Dec 21, 2009
✟15,131.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Thank you Courtney.

Oh I like Lewis I have read the Narnia series and some of other works to. I have not heard of what you suggested but seem like it would be a good pick up.

Thank you for welcoming me!

IntheCloud I have thought I seem more agnostic these days. I use to hate god, move to atheist, over time now more agnostic. I find myself praying if I am really hurting why I do that I am not sure. Maybe it is human nature maybe not. Thanks for understanding.

Hi Paula,

Ya I come from Ukraine and we spell my name that way. Your version with X right? I have seen that spelling a few times but ya my spelling is unique so I like.

I was born christian and lost faith young. I have gone most of my life not thinking of a god. It hard to believe of a god while stripping because stripping is so against what god stand for.

Thank you for welcoming me!

Criada,

Ya it hard to believe in god when bad things happen. Guess that kind of self centered but is true. Thank you for welcome!

Thanks FierceInside!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

New Creation

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Y suspected you were Russian or Ukranian by the way you spell your name!

Living in the US?

BTW Merry Christmans!

I suspected you might be Ukrainian too. :) We had a large Ukrainian community where I grew up (Windsor, Ontario) and every summer we used to go watch the dancers in their beautiful colourful costumes. The men were always particularly fun to watch as they were so powerful and joyful! They seemed to like showing off. ^_^

I too remember how tough Christmas can be in the clubs. If you're near L.A., Courtney wrote about a gathering for women in the sex industry that you are welcome to attend.

May you feel the peace and love of God this Christmas.

Upvote 0

The Fragile

Dec 21, 2009
✟15,131.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
InTheCloud,

Very astute of you to see that. Yes living in America for two years in a few months.

Thanks! Hope you had a good Christmas to.

Merry Christmas to you to Courtney. Well kind of late but still wish it. Ya I work day day before Christmas eve and Christmas eve and it was busy first day, second. Even though I not celebrate Christmas in probably sixteen or seventeen years it nice to get in spirit of season. I just not able to this year because working so much this month. For me I okay being alone for Christmas but it hard sometime to know most people have place to be with family.

Hope you had a good one.

Paula,

We all like bright colors and showing off lol. That is cool you know bit of my culture! I actually am on east coast of America.

Hope you had good day yesterday to!

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Hi Blossoms.

Happy new year. Seeing in 2010 as a practicing pagan again, found that I could no longer keep pretending to have a faith in god. Dont worry I will not be returning to prodomming. Had seriously contemplated it, however am now living in a very small town where the anonymity needed for such a career would be impossible. Have passed my first year in nursing, and am raring up to start year two in four weeks.

Upvote 0

New Creation

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi Blossoms.

Happy new year. Seeing in 2010 as a practicing pagan again, found that I could no longer keep pretending to have a faith in god. Dont worry I will not be returning to prodomming. Had seriously contemplated it, however am now living in a very small town where the anonymity needed for such a career would be impossible. Have passed my first year in nursing, and am raring up to start year two in four weeks.

So glad to hear about your success in nursing! I think you will make a wonderful nurse.

I'm sadly disappointed that you have lost your faith Tene, but I respect your honesty. Your signature indicates to me that you still try to live true faith, loving others, caring for people less fortunate.

Upvote 0