Stacey Plaskett WEAPONIZES Federal Government Against Matt Taibbi!

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's a thread on Viva Frei and other columnists' reaction to top, non-pictured video link from MSNBC.

My reason for posting thread is outrage over what I believe to be Representative Stacey Plasket trying to criminalize the fact there were some minor typo like mistakes in an otherwise, honest and objective new report, especially when so many politicians are so wrong about so many similar things, and even worse in their various statements that probably at least half would be in prison if held to the same standard!

This whole thing comes across that Democrats only believe in Freedom of the press when the press agrees with them or is reporting on stuff that favors them. And yes, it is really ironic given what this nonvoting congresswoman is supposedly supposed to be part of a subcommittee that looks into "The weaponization of the government). This is George Orwell, 1984 irony and double speak at work.

I also am amazed how this whole thing seems to be over Matt Taibbi's Tweeting! This is astounding when you realize Plasket is trying to threaten Taibbi with prison time for a casual internet activity that is similar to things like posting a Blog entry or a chat thread entry here. Unless you got serious proof that such a thing is the person doing something really serious or criminal like soliciting a hit (assassination) on a person, planning a bombing, etc. then this is really beyond the pale.

PS - does anybody know if the "nonvoting" status of Plasket for just that sub-committee or is it that she doesn't get a vote at all in congress because she represents a US Territory? I'm guess it is the Territory thing, but seems weird, to have a member of congress that is mostly just a figurehead or a defacto lobbyist.

Last edited:

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's a thread on Viva Frei and other columnists' reaction to

The main point of the thread is covering how Stacey Plasket is trying to criminalize the fact there were some minor, (but significant) mistakes in an otherwise, honest and objective new report, especially when so many politicians are really wrong about such things in their various statements. It comes across that Democrats only believe in Freedom of the press when the press agrees with them or is reporting on stuff that favors them. And yes, it is really ironic given what she is supposedly supposed to be supervising. Definitely some 1984 Double speak at work (she is part of a subcommittee that looks into "The weaponization of the government).

I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but we are doomed.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but we are doomed.
Societies have just as much trouble coming to grips with their mortality as do individuals.
We can only ride the wave as best we can.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It's a thread on Viva Frei and other columnists' reaction to top, non-pictured video link from MSNBC.

My reason for posting thread is outrage over what I believe to be Representative Stacey Plasket trying to criminalize the fact there were some minor typo like mistakes in an otherwise, honest and objective new report, especially when so many politicians are so wrong about so many similar things, and even worse in their various statements that probably at least half would be in prison if held to the same standard!

This whole thing comes across that Democrats only believe in Freedom of the press when the press agrees with them or is reporting on stuff that favors them. And yes, it is really ironic given what this nonvoting congresswoman is supposedly supposed to be part of a subcommittee that looks into "The weaponization of the government). This is George Orwell, 1984 irony and double speak at work.

I also am amazed how this whole thing seems to be over Matt Taibbi's Tweeting! This is astounding when you realize Plasket is trying to threaten Taibbi with prison time for a casual internet activity that is similar to things like posting a Blog entry or a chat thread entry here. Unless you got serious proof that such a thing is the person doing something really serious or criminal like soliciting a hit (assassination) on a person, planning a bombing, etc. then this is really beyond the pale.

PS - does anybody know if the "nonvoting" status of Plasket for just that sub-committee or is it that she doesn't get a vote at all in congress because she represents a US Territory? I'm guess it is the Territory thing, but seems weird, to have a member of congress that is mostly just a figurehead or a defacto lobbyist.
The video seem to be at odds with itself.
I mean, I’m only three minutes in, and this guy seems agitated that the government is being utilized to ensure that we have good “election-integrity”.

What other institutions do we have (collectively) to monitor the “pieces of the society” to make sure that “mostly true” stuff is going on?

In other words, he’s taking the normal functioning of programs/agencies as if it’s abnormal and “there’s something wrong”.

No.
Everything is working well.
This is normal

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Non-voting delegates have been part of the House of Representatives since 1794 when the Territory South of the River Ohio (SW Territory, later known as Tennessee) was first represented. They do represent US citizens after all.

Upvote 0