USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Photini said:
Yeah, me too. I hated selling cookies. I liked eating them though. :yum: I remember when the cookies were only like a dollar a box. My mom would buy like 2 cases of each kind of cookie and keep them in the deep freezer so we had them all year round.
When I sold them, they were $2.50 a box. Now they're usually over $3.00 a box. :(

Upvote 0

joyfulthanks

The long day is over. Praise the Lord!
May 4, 2005
✟5,769.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Photini said:
Okay, gotta get my trash bag and do the "27 Fling Boogie." Noah's wanting to play the computer for a little bit too....so I'll be back later on. :wave:

:clap: Don't forget to sing..."Please, release me, let me go..." It makes it that much more fun! :)

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
GraceMercyPeace said:
FlyLady rocks! Her website (strangely enough) to me has always seemed a bit disorganized, but her book Sink Reflections is great. It helped me get rid of the perfectionistic tendencies I had regarding housework that were keeping me from keeping my home the way I wanted it.

I love her acronyms. For example, she asks "Are you living in CHAOS?" CHAOS stands for "Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome." SHEs are "Sidetracked Home Executives." :)

Let me know how it goes, Photini. It's amazing what can be accomplished in just 15 minutes a day.

With love in Christ,
Grace
It's my stupid perfectionist tendanciest that keep me living in CHAOS too. I can never just simply straighten things up. I completely dismantle things and make sure every speck of dirt is eliminated. I just wears me out, so I can't get very much done.

Upvote 0

joyfulthanks

May 4, 2005
✟5,769.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Photini said:
It's my stupid perfectionist tendanciest that keep me living in CHAOS too. I can never just simply straighten things up. I completely dismantle things and make sure every speck of dirt is eliminated. I just wears me out, so I can't get very much done.

Trust me, you have GOT to get the book!!!

I like this little quote: "Housework done imperfectly still blesses your family."

FlyLady rocks!

With love in Christ,
Grace

Upvote 0

choirfiend

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am that way too! As I kid (and to this day) inside my lift-top school desk might have been a mess, but my crayolas were always in rainbow order...

I rainbow-order my clothes, too....it's a spectrum in my closet!!!
The other key is having the storage facilities to keep your things as they should be.
For example, my life would be a lot neater if I had more file cabinets than I do...sheet music and old cellphone statements all over my room.

Upvote 0

choirfiend

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is probably a stupid question, but can olive oil be used for deep frying?

I dont see why not, though it has more flavor than, say, Canola, which is probably why it's not used much. A lot goes to waste in deep frying, too.(and its more expensive).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
GraceMercyPeace said:
Yes, but not with the best results. It tends to smoke at high temps.
Yeah, the only one I've ever fried with has been Extra Light which has a higher smoke point, I think 486F, whereas Extra Virgin's is 406, IIRC.

But I have some Zatarain's Fish-Fri and some frozen shrimp. I had it last night and it was deeeelicious. But I used up every last bit of my regular vegetable oil. All I have is Extra Virgin Olive Oil until tomorrow and I can go to the store (which is when I'm going to get my cookies too :) ). Luckily you only need to heat the oil to 350F for the Fish-Fri.

Upvote 0

joyfulthanks

May 4, 2005
✟5,769.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Matrona -

What are you frying? Whatever it is, I'll bet it will be yummy. Can I come over for supper? :)

EDIT: I just now saw your post above. You must have posted it while I was typing this one. That sounds delicious! Enjoy!

With love in Christ,
Grace

Upvote 0

joyfulthanks

May 4, 2005
✟5,769.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hellooooooo? Anybody out there? There's a new Taverna starting in just 8 more posts, and there's not a soul in here but me to help close the old one out. :(

Come on in! Let's have a drink to celebrate the end of Taverna 9 and the beginning of Taverna 10 together, shall we? :)

What are you having? (I know it's a fast, but virtual drinks don't really count, do they?) Make mine a Margarita on the rocks with salt, please. What can I get the rest of you?

Here's a an old Irish toast to get things rolling:

"May those who love us, love us.
And if they don't love us, may God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping."

To Taverna 9! Cheers!

Upvote 0

Matrona

Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
GMP-- I'm going to fry shrimp. :) I have some Zatarain's Fish-Fri and it is good for fasting times, although I guess I will have to bend the no-olive-oil in order to eat it tonight. I just can't eat any more spaghetti. I had it for lunch and I will die if I have to eat any more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joyfulthanks

May 4, 2005
✟5,769.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Matrona said:
GMP-- I'm going to fry shrimp. :) I have some Zatarain's Fish-Fri and it is good for fasting times, although I guess I will have to bend the no-olive-oil in order to eat it tonight. I just can't eat any more spaghetti. I had it for lunch and I will die if I have to eat any more.

I saw your other post after I posted my question - sorry about that! It sounds delicious! I hope you enjoy it.

Gotta' run! :wave:

Upvote 0

Matrona

Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
"Ah, ah, ah, ah, Taverna nine, Taverna nine, ah, ah, ah, ah, Taverna nine, Taverna niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyiyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyiyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyiyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine...."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.