Visit site
✟118,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
okay, this is interesting. so i tried to dial out, perhaps i don't know how to use the phone properly, but i couldn't seem to get the telephone to work, not even the operator. it was certainly hooked up. so i left another note asking if the phone works and what its number is if it does and went off to do my thing. i get back, there's no sign of the note. i throw something away and i see the note in the trash, on the other side is scribbled childlike attempts at russian letters and words ["kak dela" and all that]. ??? and of course the roommate is gone. surreal. i mean, i need a phone number for The Employment...

Upvote 0
K

Kolya

gzt said:
okay, this is interesting. so i tried to dial out, perhaps i don't know how to use the phone properly, but i couldn't seem to get the telephone to work, not even the operator. it was certainly hooked up. so i left another note asking if the phone works and what its number is if it does and went off to do my thing. i get back, there's no sign of the note. i throw something away and i see the note in the trash, on the other side is scribbled childlike attempts at russian letters and words ["kak dela" and all that]. ??? and of course the roommate is gone. surreal. i mean, i need a phone number for The Employment...

Duct-Tape the handset to the phone so nobody can use it. Then tape a note to that. That aught to get someone's attention.:p

Upvote 0
K

Kolya

Photini said:
We're watching The Lord of the Rings again....for the millionth time. :) My son loves it.

Which one? We have all three. Seraphima is a Tolkien nut!

I like Lord of the rings. BTW doesnt Minas tirith look like Konstantinopoli??

I've never thought about it that way. It's against the mountain, not by the sea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everyone!

I'm taking off back to the US this afternoon. Should be back home (yea, well, the other home) around 8 or so tonight (depending on delays, weather, immigration, customs and lazy cab drivers)...
Anyways, have a good one! I'm gonna finish packing and get some grub!

:wave:

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Khaleas said:
Hello everyone!

I'm taking off back to the US this afternoon. Should be back home (yea, well, the other home) around 8 or so tonight (depending on delays, weather, immigration, customs and lazy cab drivers)...
Anyways, have a good one! I'm gonna finish packing and get some grub!

:wave:

Bon Voyage.

Will pray for your safe journey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
K

Kolya

Khaleas said:

If you're checking this out on a stop-over, fly safe.:prayer:
Hope the Jet-lag is not too bad, and watch out for DVT. Take an asprin. My sister, the Doctor, always drinks Wafirin to thin her blood on long flights.
She'll be coming back from Canada this week or next.
S sends regards.

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2004
✟1,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kolya said:
Hope the Jet-lag is not too bad, and watch out for DVT. Take an asprin. My sister, the Doctor, always drinks Wafirin to thin her blood on long flights.

What is Wafirin?

I get to visit a friend in Scotland in September (!!yay!!!) and I wondered about taking aspirin. Worrying about DVT makes me feel so old! :)

Hopefully I will be able to visit the Orthodox church in Edinburgh while I'm there.

Upvote 0

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
elizabethevangeline said:
What is Wafirin?

I think he means Warfarin. It's an anticoagulant... you might be more familiar with its marketing name Coumadin.

I get to visit a friend in Scotland in September (!!yay!!!) and I wondered about taking aspirin. Worrying about DVT makes me feel so old! :)

Hopefully I will be able to visit the Orthodox church in Edinburgh while I'm there.

Yeah, the threat of DVT makes me feel old, too. But those seat exercises also help keep you from having "spaghetti legs" as badly when you arrive at your destination.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.