St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No doubt. It's nickname is the "Bigma". That lens is a beast. I think it weighs over 4 pounds. My 24-70mm is pretty heavy at 2 lbs. Maybe I need to start weight lifting.

I was glad I had my 11-18 with me today while touring a Steel Mill that closed down in 1979!!! There were shots that just could not be gotten with my 28-300.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No doubt. It's nickname is the "Bigma". That lens is a beast. I think it weighs over 4 pounds. My 24-70mm is pretty heavy at 2 lbs. Maybe I need to start weight lifting.

Guys I am goint to need a better camera than my digital nikon :( soooon. My pics at Etsy came out not so good :( I need to see for an upgrade after I come back from Greece. I do not know how I will survive Greece without a good camera but eh...will manage.

eh...I want a light camera though... I cannot deal with heavy cameras for sure ^_^^_^
Anything in digital that has a zoom lence into it that you just "click" and you are done ???

guh... :D

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,066.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Philothei

what you want I suspect is a Bridge camera :) Sort of half way between a 'proper' DSLR and a point and shoot.

Advantages of a bridge camera - it has a fixed lens so you don't have to change lenses - BUT you can use it as a point and shoot and it will have a BIG zoom on it [ often the zoom is ten times :) ] If you feel brave after using it in Automatic Mode for while , you can learn to take more control of it and tell it what settings you want to use , but you don't need to - it can be used very successfully as a point and shoot.

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Canon Powershots get better reviews than the Nikon Coolpix does. :p

I have a friend who owns one (a Powershot) and was able to use it in our digital photography class because it has the option to use Manual mode if you want. Sony Cyber-shots are good point & shoot cameras too.

Back to our favorite discussion. Nikon v Canon. Ask Loretta what she thinks, Heather!

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
lol...y'all I have Olympus STylus 830 all weather 8.0 pixels...pretty old I think duh... I thought it was a Nikon I am with you Michael I like Nikons or Olympus not Canons... hehe...

This one is only 5x optical zoom no wonder I cannot get close to things...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Somehow I have a hard time believing that.

Believe it. None of the computers or mp3 players I've bought have been all the same brand. My cars have all been different brands. My appliances are mixed brands. My external hard drives are different brands. I have several different brands of SD cards. When I buy a photo printer, it is unlikely to be Canon. There's an Epson I'm looking at.

If I was loyal to Canon brand only, I wouldn't have any Sigma lenses. The reason why I am loyal to their camera bodies is because I have a couple thousand dollars (more actually) invested in lenses that fit Canon bodies...and well, they make great dSLR cameras. If they started making garbage cameras, I'd sell my stuff and switch to something else in a heartbeat.

Brand loyalty really confuzzles me.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Believe it. None of the computers or mp3 players I've bought have been all the same brand. My cars have all been different brands. My appliances are mixed brands. My external hard drives are different brands. I have several different brands of SD cards. When I buy a photo printer, it is unlikely to be Canon. There's an Epson I'm looking at.

If I was loyal to Canon brand only, I wouldn't have any Sigma lenses. The reason why I am loyal to their camera bodies is because I have a couple thousand dollars (more actually) invested in lenses that fit Canon bodies...and well, they make great dSLR cameras. If they started making garbage cameras, I'd sell my stuff and switch to something else in a heartbeat.

Brand loyalty really confuzzles me.

You do realize that to a certain extent I was picking on you, right?

The reason I am loyal to Nikon is that I at the time when I switched from film to digital SLR I had Nikon mount lenses and a Nikon Speedlight. As long as Nikon is making high quality stuff that meets my needs I see no need to switch. If it ever gets to the point where I am making good money in photography and Nikon is not keeping up with my demands, then I will think about a change.

It is the same thing with paint. I primarily use 2 brands of acrylic. One brand for everything but the skin, and another brand for the ochre skin color. As long as these 2 brands do what I need them to do, I won't switch.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Glory to God in the highest. My friend and confessor Fr. John Abdullah has his name submitted as one of the candidates for election to Bishop in the Antiochian Church!!! AXIOS, AXIOS, AXIOS Fr. John! I so hope God blesses Fr. John for his years of love and service to the Church. He will make an excellent bishop if he is elected!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.