✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0880283785?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Saint Augustine's Prayer Book is a book of prayer and practice―with disciplines, habits, and patterns for building a Christian spiritual life. It will help readers to develop strong habits of prayer, to thoughtfully prepare for and participate in public liturgy, and to nurture a mind and soul ready to work and give and pray for the spread of the kingdom.

Saint Augustine's Prayer Book features "Holy Habits of Prayer," devotions to accompany Holy Eucharist, Stations of the Cross, and Stations of the Resurrection, and a wide range of litanies, collects, and prayers for all occasions.

The newly revised edition (2012) includes the treasured liturgies and prayers of the original while offering some important updates in language and content. Revised and edited by well-regarded scholars David Cobb and Derek Olsen, Saint Augustine's Prayer Book is a wonderful gift as well as a handsome addition to a prayer book collection.

Comes leather bound with two ribbons in a gift box.

====

I got this delivered today... it looks very useful. Has anyone experience with this prayer book?

SashaMaria

He is risen! Alleluia!
Jun 23, 2018
East coast
✟203,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have the Augustine Prayer Book and sometimes use it along with other prayer books I have. It’s a beautiful little gilt-edged book with 2 ribbons to mark favorite prayers.

But be aware that it’s very Anglo-Catholic (which doesn't bother me because I’m RCC) and includes Catholic devotions like the stations of the cross and the Rosary.

The examination of conscience based on the 7 deadly sins is excellent and I use it often. All the other prayers are beautiful and I esp. like the litanies (although I mainly pray RCC prayers).

Reactions: CallofChrist
Upvote 0

CallofChrist

Site Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
St.Paul, MN
✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But be aware that it’s very Anglo-Catholic (which doesn't bother me because I’m RCC) and includes Catholic devotions like the stations of the cross and the Rosary.

I notice that.@Arcangl86 said it was Anglo-Catholic in feel, too.
I was raised in the RCC, so it did have some devotions/prayers that seemed familiar to me.
I am pretty open about forms used for spiritual formation.

Thanks for your good input.

Upvote 0

CallofChrist

Site Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
St.Paul, MN
✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That book is ubiquitous amongst Continuing Anglicans. Ultra Anglo-Catholic? Yes. Wannabe monastics are particularly enamored with it. I just wish we could know and use the Book of Common Prayer well.

thanks for your input.
I am trying to become more familiar with the BOCP and use it for my own individual edification, as well as when we use it in church. As I said before in another thread, I am a "baby" Episcopalian and am just trying to explore what that means, spiritually.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CallofChrist

Site Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
St.Paul, MN
✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums