South
✟40,776.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not losing any patience, and I hope you are not getting frustrated by me.

Good, we're getting somewhere. Let's look at the literal interpretation. Start here. Is there any teaching in Genesis or elsewhere that the earth is in motion? Conversely, is there any teaching that it is fixed, stable and immovable?

Two points about this.
1 - Genesis is a record of the ultimate miracle, I believe it occurred, but it is not about the technicalities.
2 - I believe no one has perfect understanding, because none of us are God, and the Bible is not
God either.

I only mean to share my perspective, in terms of the text, you are correct.

Creation stands in defiance of science falsely so-called. Let God be true and every man a liar. I presume you mean theistic evolution, which is a vain attempt to reconcile principles that are fundamentally incompatible.

I meant that if the format of the earth does actually defy the laws of physics, why would a Creationist be surprised about it? They have partially functional working models, not omniscience.

The mention of TE was only to acknowledge any TE readers of my post, because I mean "anyone who believes in a fast, immediate, miraculous Creation" when I say "Creationist". TE believers do believe there is a Creator, and so should be credited as so.

I honestly would never want to accuse anyone of believing in spontaneous, unguided, godless emergence of life from 100 million year old goop ponds, unless they really truly did. My signature is my imho on that bright idea :ebil::doh:.

Why not? The creation account describes 'dry land'.
lol - we are still praying for you guys from this "wet land" that did not get a special Genesis mention!

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yet I believed Scripture without ever believing it because it was tradition, but rather as the Father in heaven revealed it to me, as also He did to and for the Apostles and permanent disciples throughout all Scripture.

If so, you have a logical dilemma. Scripture was assembled, based on tradition.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I honestly would never want to accuse anyone of believing in spontaneous, unguided, godless emergence of life from 100 million year old goop ponds, unless they really truly did. My signature is my imho on that bright idea

God says that the Earth brought forth life, as He intended. I believe Him. Turns out, He made the world such that life would emerge from it.

The way out of that dilemma is to remember that the rules by which it all works were established by him. If anyone wants to claim that it is "spontaneous, unguided, godless emergence of life from 100 million year old goop ponds", then that's their lookout. (and life is several billion years old on Earth, not a few hundred million years old)

• Agree
Reactions: Jadis40
Upvote 0

MrsFoundit

Dec 5, 2019
South
✟40,776.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God says that the Earth brought forth life, as He intended. I believe Him. Turns out, He made the world such that life would emerge from it.

The way out of that dilemma is to remember that the rules by which it all works were established by him. If anyone wants to claim that it is "spontaneous, unguided, godless emergence of life from 100 million year old goop ponds", then that's their lookout. (and life is several billion years old on Earth, not a few hundred million years old)

100 million referred to the goop pond, not life itself.

Upvote 0

MrsFoundit

Dec 5, 2019
South
✟40,776.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is the "goop pond" some kind of creationist alternative to the scientific evidence?

^_^ No, it is me depicting something an atheist said (not on CF). We were sharing personal opinions on origins. It is not from any Creationist sources.

You do realise I am not attacking TE in that post, I was defending TE Christians from a claim in post no 27 that salvation depends on belief in YEC and a flat earth?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, it is me depicting something an atheist said (not on CF). We were sharing personal opinions on origins. It is not from any Creationist sources.

Seems unlikely. But there are dumb atheists, so maybe.

Upvote 0

MrsFoundit

Dec 5, 2019
South
✟40,776.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Your attitude towards Creationists looks like just plain prejudice.

It is extremely sad.

I was defending TE Christians from a claim in post no 27 that salvation depends on belief in YEC and a flat earth.

"It is expected that everyone who posts in this forum will respect all members of the Christian faith, regardless of their denominational differences. ... We expect our Christian members to show courtesy and respect to each other as brothers and sisters in Christ" Statement of Purpose - Creationism & Theistic Evolution Statement of Purpose

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: LoG
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:

Your attitude towards Creationists looks like just plain prejudice.
It is extremely sad.

Atheists aren't creationists. Or at least I've never known of one that is. But if there is one, he has to be pretty dumb. For the obvious reasons.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And since I've cited various creationists as knowledgeable about these issues, I don't consider them necessarily dumb as a group.

I've mentioned a number of times that creationists are no less Christian than anyone else, since God does not even take a side on the creationist/evolution issue, and He doesn't judge you by your beliefs about how He did creation.

You might notice that few, if any creationists have admitted that.

For whatever reason.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrsFoundit

Dec 5, 2019
South
✟40,776.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've mentioned a number of times that creationists are no less Christian than anyone else, since God does not even take a side on the creationist/evolution issue, and He doesn't judge you by your beliefs about how He did creation.

Which was pretty much my own point against a suggestion otherwise in this thread.

You might notice that few, if any creationists have admitted that.
For whatever reason.

You tell me to notice "that few, if any creationists have admitted that", even though most of my posts in this very thread are outright defending that point, including in the very post you are now asking about. I casually referred to a "goop pond", you suspected creationists were depicting it as an "alternative to scientific evidence" , I explain I got it from an atheist in a casual conversation, you doubt it.

You overlook this from me :
You do realise I am not attacking TE in that post, I was defending TE Christians from a claim in post no 27 that salvation depends on belief in YEC and a flat earth?

In order to suggest that I do not exist, since "few, if any creationists have admitted" what I am actually saying.

:sigh:

Upvote 0