St. Abanoub

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rilian

I hope I spelled that right.

In our Sunday school class during Lent we've been doing a saints life for the kids as part of the lesson and today a friend of mine did St. Abanoub. I only heard part of it, but it sounded like there was a miracle associated with this saint. Anyone have an idea what might be? I can ask her next week, but I'm curious.

Thanks.

Irish Melkite

Melkite Greek-Catholic
Dec 30, 2004
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟1,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rilian said:
In our Sunday school class during Lent we've been doing a saints life for the kids as part of the lesson and today a friend of mine did St. Abanoub. I only heard part of it, but it sounded like there was a miracle associated with this saint. Anyone have an idea what might be? I can ask her next week, but I'm curious.

Rilian,

Saint Abanoub is a child Saint and Martyr who is greatly venerated by the Coptic Orthodox and Coptic Catholic Churches. I am unaware of any veneration of him in the Eastern Orthodox or Catholic Churches. There are a number of miracles attributed to him, both during life and by his intercession after his martyrdom. There are several brief biographies online; one is from the Coptic Synaxarion

Many years,

Neil

Upvote 0

CopticGirl

Feb 25, 2005
✟1,398.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Appearance of St. Abanoub:
(taken from coptichymns.net)

This picture was taken in the church of St. Abanoub in Sydney, Austrailia, which shows a little boy (St. Abanoub) standing in front of the curtain of the altar. The picture was taken with no one else in the church, except the man who took the picture.

God Bless,
Elizabeth

Upvote 0

erinipassi

Apr 14, 2005
✟15,335.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Hi Rilian

Here is one website which gives you his life story as well as two miracles performed:

http://www.copticchurch.net/topics/synexarion/abanoub.html

But the best website is the sermon given by a Coptic priest about the many miracles that St. Abanoub performed. Unfortunately, the one drawback is the fact that its all in Arabic, but I’ll give you the website anyway, just in case you have someone who can translate for you!

http://www.coptichymns.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sermons&file=index&q=f&f=%2FArabic%2FStories_and_Miracles_of_the_Saints%2FThe_Life_and_Miracles_of_Saint_Abanoub

St. Abanoub is one of my favourite Saints and one whom we have deep affection for. The saints become such an affectionate part of your family since they are our loving heavenly family.

love and blessings

erini

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.