Spouse interested in, maybe already involved in occult, new age, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoBraids

Jul 27, 2018
Northern Nevada
✟8,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello. I hope that this is the correct area to post this, since it has to do with my husband. I apologize if I use incorrect terminology in this post.... I'm not on expert on religions and philosophies.

I could spend several paragraphs giving background, but to be brief, we are both believers. I accepted Christ as a young child, though I did gain a much deeper understanding and appreciation for the meaning of the gospel as a young adult, when I was baptized. My husband was raised Catholic, which is a default for his cultural background, but accepted Christ when we were dating and then was baptized a few years into our marriage. We have been married a little over sixteen years. While there was a large portion of time in the middle of our marriage where we did not regularly attend church, we did for about the first five years and have been for the last three or so years.

About four to five years ago, my husband began to become very obviously interested in occult and new age types of ideas. He would still occasionally read the Bible, but with the goal of figuring out secret codes and symbols that he thought were hidden there. He began to think that the Bible is just symbolism for other things, rather than God's actual word for humans. He thought (maybe still thinks) that extraterrestrial beings had contacted the profits and given them cryptic messages, for example. He told me at one point that God and Jesus are really symbols for things in the universe, like galaxies, or maybe more advanced civilizations on other planets or in other Galaxies. He hinted that maybe Jesus was an extraterrestrial being from a more advanced civilization. He ordered a poster of a galaxy online and hung it on the ceiling over our newborn daughter's crib.

He began to think that the Freemasons had the important secrets that he was looking for, such as the "true" identity of God being some Galaxy or universe or something, so he joined. He was a little bit disappointed that freemasonry is/was not exactly what he thought it was, but he is still quite involved in the organization, and spends up to a couple of evenings a week on its activities. He has memorized vast swaths of text for freemasonry, and will get up early in the morning or stay up late at night looking at the freemasonry texts and whispering/chanting them under his breath. I can't really know what they say, because they are written in a secret code. I don't know what sort of philosophy it really promotes, but the passion with which he is pursuing it worries me. He will find a reason to skip church at the drop of a hat, but he will not miss any freemasonry activity or event for any reason at all. It is very obvious that freemasonry is the number one thing in his life. It does use a LOT of Biblical terminology, and most of the other men in it are active church-goers, but it's definitely more than just a gentlemen's civic organization. There is a spiritual element there, though I have no way to officially confirm it.

He will also go by himself and secretly buy New Age or occult type books and then hide them. I accidentally found some book about the secrets of ancient Egypt in his car, hidden under the seat, and then put two and two together when I saw a charge from the book store on the credit card. I found on the computer history that he had been watching some weird Youtube video with a bunch of flashing images of wealth and power that is supposedly supposed to change your mindset so that you'll become rich, famous, and powerful.

I hate to say this, but I think that my concern has kind of pushed him to start hiding his beliefs and dabblings. When he first excitedly told me the "secrets" he thought he had "figured out," about four years ago, I didn't react in kind. I actually started crying and told him I was afraid that Satan was misleading him. I have not, and cannot be, supportive of him spending 8-10 nights a month on freemasonry activities instead of with his family. So, he no longer shares his beliefs with me because he knows that I am not going to be supportive.

That's why I'm asking for advice here. It's not like I can tell him, "Hey, let's go and talk to the pastor at church about this," because he wouldn't go. He thinks that the pastors have a shallow understanding and don't know, which is why he feels the need to seek the "truth," elsewhere.

What do I do? I want so bad for him to seek God with all of his heart, not try to find all these weird "secrets" to wealth and power, or whatever it is he is looking for, but anything that comes out of my mouth is perceived as "nagging" by him, or the fear of a simple woman who doesn't understand. I don't want Satan to win over my husband and confuse him. At this point, this occult stuff (or whatever you would call it, sorry if that's the wrong terminology) has come so far between us that I don't even know what my husband believes anymore. I'm the last person in the world he would consider sharing his spiritual beliefs with after the way I reacted four years ago when he told me all the stuff about God actually being a galaxy or a body of knowledge, or whatever (he went though a lot of different possibilities, the only thing he was sure of was that God was something other than an actual being who created everything).

Despite all this, he still goes to Church with me on Sunday and takes communion. He will occasionally make light remarks about the sermons, so I know he listens.

Am I just letting worry eat me up for no reason, or perhaps just being a mean, stubborn wife by trying to "push" MY beliefs on him?

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello friend and welcome to CF, Look around and see we have a lot here to enjoy, We have a forum for "Married couples" That you might be interested in. I am praying for you and I pray that God will open this mans spiritual eyes to truth.

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well your husband's itching ears won't be satisfied until he dives right into Satanism and finds out what they believe. I was immediately turned to new age teachings by the very person who led me to Christ after I was born again. It all sounded good until I started having 1 on 1 discussions with my pastor and he convinced me otherwise through evidence in the word.

There is a guy on YouTube I found recently who is speaking out against the New Age movement and how it is directly linked to the occult, is demonic in itself, and is simply false. Here are a couple of links on his videos that should explain a couple of things to at least you if not him. If you would like to convince him yourself you should probably do your own research and learn how to systematically and apologetically convince him the other way. If he really has been born again then God's sanctifying grace should convince him to turn from these false doctrines.

Reactions: TwoBraids
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
He began to think that the Freemasons had the important secrets that he was looking for, such as the "true" identity of God being some Galaxy or universe or something, so he joined. He was a little bit disappointed that freemasonry is/was not exactly what he thought it was, but he is still quite involved in the organization, and spends up to a couple of evenings a week on its activities.
This is correct--Masonry has nothing to do with what he was looking for. It is also important to know that Masonry does not require him to participate in every last function that it sponsors and few Masons actually do.

He has memorized vast swaths of text for freemasonry, and will get up early in the morning or stay up late at night looking at the freemasonry texts and whispering/chanting them under his breath. I can't really know what they say, because they are written in a secret code. I don't know what sort of philosophy it really promotes, but the passion with which he is pursuing it worries me.
Try not to be worried about this, at least. Masonry teaches its values through what we might call stage plays, and that is how the meetings are conducted--according to a script. There is a symbolic story told in each, and most members play their parts or roles as assigned. That is what your husband is memorizing, not something sinister. A lot of people have a difficult time memorizing lengthy parts for a play, etc. and this may be why your husband seems to be committing a lot of time to it.

He will find a reason to skip church at the drop of a hat, but he will not miss any freemasonry activity or event for any reason at all. It is very obvious that freemasonry is the number one thing in his life.
That's a shame but Masonry encourages all members to be attentive to their chosen churches, just as it encourages civic responsibility, charity, family, and other responsibilities.

It does use a LOT of Biblical terminology, and most of the other men in it are active church-goers, but it's definitely more than just a gentlemen's civic organization. There is a spiritual element there, though I have no way to officially confirm it.
Yes, a spiritual element, but it is not a religion and no worship services are conducted.

He will also go by himself and secretly buy New Age or occult type books and then hide them. I accidentally found some book about the secrets of ancient Egypt in his car, hidden under the seat, and then put two and two together when I saw a charge from the book store on the credit card. I found on the computer history that he had been watching some weird Youtube video with a bunch of flashing images of wealth and power that is supposedly supposed to change your mindset so that you'll become rich, famous, and powerful.
It sounds like he brought this interest with him when he joined the Masons, just as you were saying earlier.

Am I just letting worry eat me up for no reason, or perhaps just being a mean, stubborn wife by trying to "push" MY beliefs on him?
No, I think you have a serious problem here to deal with. Not knowing why he is so interested in these subjects like wealth accumulation, power, or New Age theology, it is hard for us readers really to know the best approach, but I would think that 1) confronting him, and 2) relating it to his family and church responsibilities (and beliefs) might be the best way. What IS it exactly that he is looking for and how much is he willing to jeopardize his marriage and his faith?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For one who was taught, as a child, to believe everything they are told in church, or told about God by others who are of the same religion, it is normal for them, once they start to stray, to immediately become interested and start believing, without good reason, the new things that they hear. They didnt apply reason and ask questions when in Christianity, so why would they begin in a new way with questions and reasoning?

It is also normal to not want to talk to you about anything spiritual anymore after your first reaction. In fact, even the bible forbids talking about deep things to those who would not appreciate them.

I think things will work themselves out and I did not hear anything particularly alarming on your husbands side. We are people who like being static....so any change alarms us. But sometimes it is those who break out from the familiar circles who go on to leave the wilderness and find life....

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello. I hope that this is the correct area to post this, since it has to do with my husband. I apologize if I use incorrect terminology in this post.... I'm not on expert on religions and philosophies.

I could spend several paragraphs giving background, but to be brief, we are both believers. I accepted Christ as a young child, though I did gain a much deeper understanding and appreciation for the meaning of the gospel as a young adult, when I was baptized. My husband was raised Catholic, which is a default for his cultural background, but accepted Christ when we were dating and then was baptized a few years into our marriage. We have been married a little over sixteen years. While there was a large portion of time in the middle of our marriage where we did not regularly attend church, we did for about the first five years and have been for the last three or so years.

About four to five years ago, my husband began to become very obviously interested in occult and new age types of ideas. He would still occasionally read the Bible, but with the goal of figuring out secret codes and symbols that he thought were hidden there. He began to think that the Bible is just symbolism for other things, rather than God's actual word for humans. He thought (maybe still thinks) that extraterrestrial beings had contacted the profits and given them cryptic messages, for example. He told me at one point that God and Jesus are really symbols for things in the universe, like galaxies, or maybe more advanced civilizations on other planets or in other Galaxies. He hinted that maybe Jesus was an extraterrestrial being from a more advanced civilization. He ordered a poster of a galaxy online and hung it on the ceiling over our newborn daughter's crib.

He began to think that the Freemasons had the important secrets that he was looking for, such as the "true" identity of God being some Galaxy or universe or something, so he joined. He was a little bit disappointed that freemasonry is/was not exactly what he thought it was, but he is still quite involved in the organization, and spends up to a couple of evenings a week on its activities. He has memorized vast swaths of text for freemasonry, and will get up early in the morning or stay up late at night looking at the freemasonry texts and whispering/chanting them under his breath. I can't really know what they say, because they are written in a secret code. I don't know what sort of philosophy it really promotes, but the passion with which he is pursuing it worries me. He will find a reason to skip church at the drop of a hat, but he will not miss any freemasonry activity or event for any reason at all. It is very obvious that freemasonry is the number one thing in his life. It does use a LOT of Biblical terminology, and most of the other men in it are active church-goers, but it's definitely more than just a gentlemen's civic organization. There is a spiritual element there, though I have no way to officially confirm it.

I hate to say this, but I think that my concern has kind of pushed him to start hiding his beliefs and dabblings. When he first excitedly told me the "secrets" he thought he had "figured out," about four years ago, I didn't react in kind. I actually started crying and told him I was afraid that Satan was misleading him. I have not, and cannot be, supportive of him spending 8-10 nights a month on freemasonry activities instead of with his family. So, he no longer shares his beliefs with me because he knows that I am not going to be supportive.

That's why I'm asking for advice here. It's not like I can tell him, "Hey, let's go and talk to the pastor at church about this," because he wouldn't go. He thinks that the pastors have a shallow understanding and don't know, which is why he feels the need to seek the "truth," elsewhere.

What do I do? I want so bad for him to seek God with all of his heart, not try to find all these weird "secrets" to wealth and power, or whatever it is he is looking for, but anything that comes out of my mouth is perceived as "nagging" by him, or the fear of a simple woman who doesn't understand. I don't want Satan to win over my husband and confuse him. At this point, this occult stuff (or whatever you would call it, sorry if that's the wrong terminology) has come so far between us that I don't even know what my husband believes anymore. I'm the last person in the world he would consider sharing his spiritual beliefs with after the way I reacted four years ago when he told me all the stuff about God actually being a galaxy or a body of knowledge, or whatever (he went though a lot of different possibilities, the only thing he was sure of was that God was something other than an actual being who created everything).

Despite all this, he still goes to Church with me on Sunday and takes communion. He will occasionally make light remarks about the sermons, so I know he listens.

I can not stress how big of a problem this is.. i mean this is a huge problem regarding the good of your husbands soul.

Your husband is probably a low level freemason and does not know what he is getting himself into.

Freemasonry itself is a religion and their God "The great architect of the universe" Albert Pike 33rd degree freemason reveals his true identity in his masonic book Morals and Dogma

"Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the light? Doubt it not!"

"The Masonic Religion should be, by all of us initates of the high degrees, maintained in the purity of the Luciferian Doctrine. "

Now you may begin to understand the seriousness of your husbands situation even if he as a low level mason does not.

This is going to be a seriously hard road for you and first and foremost you must pray very hard. It may even take you becoming a saint yourself in order to be a witness strong enough to bring him back from the precipice of hell.

I can only give you my advice you can take it in full or in part or reject it all together.

You husband was born and raised Catholic it is possible he is feeling lost and searching for something to fill the void left by his leaving the church.

The Catholic faith is the biggest enemies of freemasonry it has been condemned by pope after pope. Their intention is to destroy Catholicism and all Christian society. Freemasonry is behind the current godlessness in society we are witnessing today. As explained by Pope Leo XIII in his encyclical humanus genus.

I know by reading your post that you regard catholicism as a false christian religion. However i would strongly urge you to look into it with a open heart for the good of your husbands soul. It may well be that his road away from luciferian freemasonry is the road back home to Catholicism like the prodigal son in our lords parable. There he may rediscover what he has lost.

However the road back is trecherous in itself as freemasons have infiltrated the catholic church and are trying to corrupt the church from within so it is even a dangerous mine field back.

Like i say the seriousness of your husbands situation is dire and will take huge effort both humanly and spiritually speaking on your part and may require you to become a saint a life long living witness to christ. You may have to suffer many years.

I urge you to start looking honestly and with a open heart into catholicism and if what you find continues to makes you believe it is a false christianity then so be it.

As someone who may have played a role in your husband giving up catholicism and triggering his feeling of being lost and his search for truth in freemasonry i think you may well have to think about what you can do to make this right.

Therefore i urge you once again to look into catholicism.

I INVITE you to the "one bread one body" section on these forums tell the members there you have been invited by The Grouch because you have a major problem, you need to help your husband and want to look into catholicism the faith your husband left.

Share your concerns about Catholicism ask what catholics believe and why they believe that way.

Please please please act on this advice your husband's soul is in grave danger and you are the primary witness for our lord in your husbands life. We want to help you and your husband as much as we can so please come over to one bread one body and let us help

Thank you, you and your husband are in my prayers. May the son of the living God pour out his saving graces upon you and your family. Amen

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I can not stress how big of a problem this is.. i mean this is a huge problem regarding the good of your husbands soul.

Your husband is probably a low level freemason and does not know what he is getting himself into.

Freemasonry itself is a religion and their God "The great architect of the universe" Albert Pike 33rd degree freemason reveals his true identity in his masonic book Morals and Dogma

"Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the light? Doubt it not!"

"The Masonic Religion should be, by all of us initates of the high degrees, maintained in the purity of the Luciferian Doctrine. "

Now you may begin to understand the seriousness of your husbands situation even if he as a low level mason does not.

This is going to be a seriously hard road for you and first and foremost you must pray very hard. It may even take you becoming a saint yourself in order to be a witness strong enough to bring him back from the precipice of hell.

I can only give you my advice you can take it in full or in part or reject it all together.

You husband was born and raised Catholic it is possible he is feeling lost and searching for something to fill the void left by his leaving the church.

The Catholic faith is the biggest enemies of freemasonry it has been condemned by pope after pope. Their intention is to destroy Catholicism and all Christian society. Freemasonry is behind the current godlessness in society we are witnessing today. As explained by Pope Leo XIII in his encyclical humanus genus.

I know by reading your post that you regard catholicism as a false christian religion. However i would strongly urge you to look into it with a open heart for the good of your husbands soul. It may well be that his road away from luciferian freemasonry is the road back home to Catholicism like the prodigal son in our lords parable. There he may rediscover what he has lost.

However the road back is trecherous in itself as freemasons have infiltrated the catholic church and are trying to corrupt the church from within so it is even a dangerous mine field back.

Like i say the seriousness of your husbands situation is dire and will take huge effort both humanly and spiritually speaking on your part and may require you to become a saint a life long living witness to christ. You may have to suffer many years.

I urge you to start looking honestly and with a open heart into catholicism and if what you find continues to makes you believe it is a false christianity then so be it.

As someone who may have played a role in your husband giving up catholicism and triggering his feeling of being lost and his search for truth in freemasonry i think you may well have to think about what you can do to make this right.

Therefore i urge you once again to look into catholicism.

I INVITE you to the "one bread one body" section on these forums tell the members there you have been invited by The Grouch because you have a major problem, you need to help your husband and want to look into catholicism the faith your husband left.

Share your concerns about Catholicism ask what catholics believe and why they believe that way.

Please please please act on this advice your husband's soul is in grave danger and you are the primary witness for our lord in your husbands life. We want to help you and your husband as much as we can so please come over to one bread one body and let us help

Thank you, you and your husband are in my prayers. May the son of the living God pour out his saving graces upon you and your family. Amen

I have to disagree with a lot of what was said here. If this husband is a born again Christian then we can be safe to assume that he will join us in the afterlife. He will go to be with God when he departs from this life, regardless the state his soul is in or if he continues down this road. The fact is his soul is already under fire from the demonic forces by partaking in these activities and teachings and until he gets out that wont change and the situation might get worse. Yes he should find out the truth about the occultism behind it all and turn away from it. That is the important thing, and the other important thing is that he is leading a Christ centered life that is biblical and moral and come back to sound Christian doctrine. It doesn't have to be Catholicism or anything denomination for that matter, just come back to Christ and learn to be like Him and worship the one true God! We shouldn't be trying to convince people to return to a denomination or convert them to a denomination, rather be pointing them to Christ and to seek out the truth themselves by the Spirit and in the word. And if they agree with a denomination that is for them to conclude a decision on based on the evidence of historical documents and teachings and missions within that sect.

I must reiterate that this is an important problem in the family that needs to be addressed as it could cause spiritual division in the household, as I myself have personal experience with that and it is not a good feeling. But the husband just needs to follow the evidence where it leads and either he will be turned on by the idea of Satanism or reject it and the new age movement altogether and come back home.

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have to disagree with a lot of what was said here. If this husband is a born again Christian then we can be safe to assume that he will join us in the afterlife. He will go to be with God when he departs from this life, regardless the state his soul is in or if he continues down this road. The fact is his soul is already under fire from the demonic forces by partaking in these activities and teachings and until he gets out that wont change and the situation might get worse. Yes he should find out the truth about the occultism behind it all and turn away from it. That is the important thing, and the other important thing is that he is leading a Christ centered life that is biblical and moral and come back to sound Christian doctrine. It doesn't have to be Catholicism or anything denomination for that matter, just come back to Christ and learn to be like Him and worship the one true God! We shouldn't be trying to convince people to return to a denomination or convert them to a denomination, rather be pointing them to Christ and to seek out the truth themselves by the Spirit and in the word. And if they agree with a denomination that is for them to conclude a decision on based on the evidence of historical documents and teachings and missions within that sect.

I must reiterate that this is an important problem in the family that needs to be addressed as it could cause spiritual division in the household, as I myself have personal experience with that and it is not a good feeling. But the husband just needs to follow the evidence where it leads and either he will be turned on by the idea of Satanism or reject it and the new age movement altogether and come back home.

Please dont listen to this "once saved always saved" nonsense. Your husbands soul is in grave danger and what is more clearly in your post you know it is.

I dont want to get into theological arguments and i resent the undermining of my post by another member when i was acting in good faith and offering to help as best i could

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

sister I believe you are right to be allarmed
suggestion:
pray listen to the Lord and ask him to give you 1-2 older prayer warriors in your church or family......

God will show you who they are
if they know your husband just ask them to pray for your marriage...
that is always safe ...God will guide them

• Useful
Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Please dont listen to this "once saved always saved" nonsense. Your husbands soul is in grave danger and what is more clearly in your post you know it is.

I dont want to get into theological arguments and i resent the undermining of my post by another member when i was acting in good faith and offering to help as best i could

Nonsense? I am not saved by works. I am part of the flock and nothing can snatch me from the hand of my Jesus. I came to a hard realization concerning my salvation one day and it is that God is going to drag me to be with Him forever if I'm kicking and screaming for the rest of my life all the way there. I have been born of spirit. I dont have a choice. Just like i was born of the flesh I don't have a choice but to live this life.

I am saved by grace through faith, not grace through works. I am fully justified. And if her husband is born again so is he.

Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense? I am not saved by works. I am part of the flock and nothing can snatch me from the hand of my Jesus. I came to a hard realization concerning my salvation one day and it is that God is going to drag me to be with Him forever if I'm kicking and screaming for the rest of my life all the way there. I have been born of spirit. I dont have a choice. Just like i was born of the flesh I don't have a choice but to live this life.

I am saved by grace through faith, not grace through works. I am fully justified. And if her husband is born again so is he.

Ok whatever, but please dont try to attribute things like "salvation through works" to catholicsim.. either you know nothing about catholicsm or your baring false witness.. only you know which

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ok whatever, but please dont try to attribute things like "salvation through works" to catholicsim.. either you know nothing about catholicsm or your baring false witness.. only you know which

You say I undermined you but I say it merely looks like you are trying to use their situation to bring them to Catholicism. Why not just point them to Christ and be done with it?

• Agree
Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You say I undermined you but I say it merely looks like you are trying to use their situation to bring them to Catholicism. Why not just point them to Christ and be done with it?

Because i am a catholic and i can only offer my advice from a Catholic perspective. My advice was not to take advantage of a situation in order to convert that is a monsterous and nasty callous thing to accuse me of.. it is truely out of a sincere concern for the soul of her husband. Its ok for you protestants you can just say he has only to believe and accept christ and everythings rosie in the garden but we catholics believe more than that. That there has to be more than just mere belief as jesus said even the demons believe. So if i am offering help to this woman from my persepective i would be doing her, her husband and our lord a massive injustice to just "point them to christ and be done with it" as a Catholic i am called to walk with her to help her carry her burden as simon of cyrene helpped our lord i am called to do more to offer more to do all that i can to help. For catholics its not just a matter of saying "come to christ" and being done with it. I would be betraying my lord, this woman and her husband if i did not offer to help as much as possible

And please remember it was you who picked issuse with my post i never took issue with yours. I left your advice to the consideration of this woman i never took issue with it.. its entirely her decision.. all i can do if offer my help and advice from catholicsims perspective and it seems you have a problem with that perspective but this is not thw thread to discuss or undermine each others perspectives all we can do if offer our love and our help as best we know how and let this woman decide what advice she follows if any.

Now there is a real possibility that what her husband left behind has left a hole that he is seeking to fill and catholicism could well be the thing that fills that hole. The woman has already demonstratred she believes catholicism is a false version of christianity.. i believe that it isnt and i am convinced that if she looked into it with an open heart she wouldnt either giving her the oppertunity to help opening the door for her husband to refind what he has lost and bringing him back to christ

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Pray for him...

It's all you can do, but its powerful.. very powerful.

That is truely the most poweful thing you can do right now, that is the first stop shop without a doubt

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
there is a fine line between covering up his sin like it doesnt exist and excusing it......

and being confrontational and or blabing all this to the church and his friends.......

but those who dig into the occult are at some point called sorcerers.....
they shall not enter the kingdom of heaven
revelation 22:15
....outside are the sorcers.....

wichcraft and the control of it is the very root of the jezebel spirit.....
its nothing to take litely......

i could tell stories of wichcraft in africa that are very suttle and to this day would not have believed it if I had not personally seen it.....

that being said wichcraft is so prominent and covert in america that it may be 1 of the biggest strongholds.....

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
there is a fine line between covering up his sin like it doesnt exist and excusing it......

and being confrontational and or blabing all this to the church and his friends.......

but those who dig into the occult are at some point called sorcerers.....
they shall not enter the kingdom of heaven
revelation 22:15
....outside are the sorcers.....

wichcraft and the control of it is the very root of the jezebel spirit.....
its nothing to take litely......

i could tell stories of wichcraft in africa that are very suttle and to this day would not have believed it if I had not personally seen it.....

that being said wichcraft is so prominent and covert in america that it may be 1 of the biggest strongholds.....

Agree, agree, agree. This is serious stuff and the woman has every reason and is right to be concerned.. it is no trivial matter to be sure and once the occult has its claws into its victim its very hard for them to be set free. This woman must become the example and witness to her husband always in love and patiance and always remembering he is a victim and pray, pray like she has never prayed before

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

All of this is in error. I recognize that it is the titillating stuff that people pick up online, but if Freemasonry is the focus of your post, it is to be placed in the Conspiracy Theories forum.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have to disagree with a lot of what was said here. If this husband is a born again Christian then we can be safe to assume that he will join us in the afterlife. He will go to be with God when he departs from this life, regardless the state his soul is in or if he continues down this road. The fact is his soul is already under fire from the demonic forces by partaking in these activities and teachings and until he gets out that wont change and the situation might get worse. Yes he should find out the truth about the occultism behind it all and turn away from it. That is the important thing, and the other important thing is that he is leading a Christ centered life that is biblical and moral and come back to sound Christian doctrine. It doesn't have to be Catholicism or anything denomination for that matter, just come back to Christ and learn to be like Him and worship the one true God! We shouldn't be trying to convince people to return to a denomination or convert them to a denomination, rather be pointing them to Christ and to seek out the truth themselves by the Spirit and in the word.
I agree. This is not the place to propagandize for any particular religion or denomination. That wasnt asked for in the OP. What was asked about concerned the husbands preoccupation with occultish matters. But there wasn't an indication that he was not a Christian at the same time.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agree, agree, agree. This is serious stuff and the woman has every reason and is right to be concerned.. it is no trivial matter to be sure and once the occult has its claws into its victim its very hard for them to be set free. This woman must become the example and witness to her husband always in love and patiance and always remembering he is a victim and pray, pray like she has never prayed before
Who, by taking thought can add one cubit to there stature? you are advising to take something to the Lord and then be concerned about it? Greater is he that is in me than He that is in the world. What's with all the fear mongering? If you feel she should be worried, you shouldnt advise her to pray. If her prayer is to be answered, she must take it to the Lord and leave her cares there......not worry about it after....

This woman has nothing to worry about, if he has the Lord......If She doesnt....she should have been worried long before finding out about all of this......

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.