Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So my wife loves to use Amazon Prime to buy Christmas gifts/etc.

Thing is - it's tied to my account - and my cel phone.

So every time she buys something and it ships, I get a text notification appraising me what has been shipped, and when it will arrive.

I do my best not to look, but I've inadvertently seen one or two things so far. lol

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So my wife loves to use Amazon Prime to buy Christmas gifts/etc.

Thing is - it's tied to my account - and my cel phone.

So every time she buys something and it ships, I get a text notification appraising me what has been shipped, and when it will arrive.

I do my best not to look, but I've inadvertently seen one or two things so far. lol
I turn off notifications every year. :)

Reactions: DZoolander
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is timely. Our daughter just sent me a text letting me know she used my Etsy account to order something for her dad (my husband). I don't know why she didn't create her own Etsy account....and now I want to order something for HER from Etsy. At least all the notifications go to me.

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I turn off notifications every year. :)

The thing is - each time I receive one I think "I'm sure that's the last one - so not worth doing it" (because I'm not 100% sure where the notification setting is in Amazon and I'm lazy). But then lo and behold - here comes another! haha

I'll do it now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Odetta

Thankful for grace
Jan 24, 2014
Georgia
✟32,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm the one with the prime account, and my husband and inlaws all use it as well. So I get all the notifications. The thing I asked my ILs to get me (they always ask for a list for each one of us) is arriving Tuesday. My husband is a little sneakier.

The other catch is my kids know how to check orders on my amazon app, so I have to be careful to not let them use my phone if I don't want them to see what I've ordered. I'm sure there's a way to block that by requiring the password to enter the app - they thankfully don't know the amazon password. But honestly, when they do use my phone, I've got them trained to put things on a wish list, not outright purchase, so it's kind of helpful that they have access. Made shopping for them easy this year.

Upvote 0