Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
In light of your comments, I've removed the link I had to her pictures. Unfortunately, in the Internet age, it's a lot harder for someone like this to remain a "blue dot" [1].

You didn't have to do that, but I'm glad my words reached someone. I was more annoyed with the fact that the media in general is parading her around like the town harlot.

It was interesting to read the comments in her blog before the account was shut down: A combination of spammers, people insulting her, holier-than-thou preachers, and some decent people supporting her.

I looked through it and only saw the supportive ones. I guess the others were taken down by the time I got there.

[1] In the early 1990s, before mortals had Internet, a woman accused one of the Kennedys of raping her. Instead of showing her face, television networks covered it up with a large blue dot. Some tabloids published all the details of who she was, but this was condemned by mainstream media.

It would probably be better if it were the same now. Unfortunately this girl will carry it with her for the rest of her life.

You know, in terms of fame, she has a big chance to be a Playboy model (Madonna, who was on her top 5, was one [after she became famous] [1]; so were the singers for Berlin and Missing Persons) or to make her music an internet phenomenon. Even if she can't sing (I haven't heard her music so can't comment), she can become famous a la William Hung.

For people interested in her music, it can be listened to and purchased here:

http://amiestreet.com/ashleyalexandradupre

I think this is respectful of her to point out where her music is; if enough people buy it, she may become rich yet.

Thats true and I didn't think of that. I guess it really depends on what she's aspiring for, what style, what look, what reputation, if she chose to model, etc.

Upvote 0
J

jamesrwright3

by mainstream media.

As it turns out, she later on willingly revealed who she was and even had some interviews with the mainstream media. This was probably the last time of someone being able to have even this level of anonymity in a high profile sex case.

There is a difference between this case and the Kennedy case-the Kennedy case involved rape...there is no protection for someone that was a willing participant in a business transaction.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know, in terms of fame, she has a big chance to be a Playboy model (Madonna, who was on her top 5, was one [after she became famous] [1]; so were the singers for Berlin and Missing Persons) or to make her music an internet phenomenon. Even if she can't sing (I haven't heard her music so can't comment), she can become famous a la William Hung.

For people interested in her music, it can be listened to and purchased here:

http://amiestreet.com/ashleyalexandradupre

I think this is respectful of her to point out where her music is; if enough people buy it, she may become rich yet.

[1] The story is a little more complicated than that
I know I shouldn't laugh but the comment by "client9" ;) on the Recommendations page had me LOL

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think she's gorgeous, but why is there the need to plaster her picture all over the place. Just think of what she's going though in her personal life after this.
I would imagine after all this publicity she's trying to figure out just how much she should raise her rates.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would imagine after all this publicity she's trying to figure out just how much she should raise her rates.
Actually I think she has more to worry from the IRS now.
A few years of unclaimed income ? Ouch !

Upvote 0

samiam

Jun 25, 2003
San Diego, CA
Visit site
✟12,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Unfortunately this girl will carry it with her for the rest of her life.

True. Then again, it's well known, for example, that Madonna slept around before becoming famous. A lot of those famous singers had to sleep with the right people in order to break in to the big time.

I just listened to her music. She is nothing like William Hung (Someone who couldn't sing at all but had 15 minutes of fame). She can sing, and has a lot of talent. She's beautiful. I think she has a very real chance to hit the big time if she plays her cards right.

Heck, I just bought her music, not only because I liked it, but also to help support her; it was only $3 and should help her get some money for her legal defense fund.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think it would be neat if she was able to get a music career started, and leave this profession.

I can't help but think, had she got in with the wrong people she would have been a drug addicted street walker, by now. But at least being this high dollar prostitude, she was safer then the street girls and able to actually get money to live off of. Unlike some of the girls in the streets, just being fed drugs and enough money to survive.

I think she will have a tough time continuing to work behind the scenes. She will be in the spotlight, a place, her customers don't want to be.

Upvote 0

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
http://www.myspace.com/ninavenetta

This is confirmed by multiple sources..
Now, now, now.
I was told, just the other day, that Spitzer was innocent, and that I was just listening to unreliable sources, and that his press conference was not an admission of guilt in any form.

This was all a media attack on a good man because he was so hard on crime and unethical behavior.

Surely the people who told me that couldn't have been wrong!

Upvote 0

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You didn't have to do that, but I'm glad my words reached someone. I was more annoyed with the fact that the media in general is parading her around like the town harlot.

I looked through it and only saw the supportive ones. I guess the others were taken down by the time I got there.

It would probably be better if it were the same now. Unfortunately this girl will carry it with her for the rest of her life.

Thats true and I didn't think of that. I guess it really depends on what she's aspiring for, what style, what look, what reputation, if she chose to model, etc.

She has admitted that she is a prostitute, and she has said, "I love who I am," and as a high price call girl taking money for sex, she is well.. the. town harlot... ... or at least one of them. And while I hope her life gets better, I don't feel the least bit sorry for her face being in the spotlight right now.

If Spitzer's wife and family must suffer humiliation because he paid $4,600 to be with Dupre, why shouldn't Dupre "suffer" the "free publicity" she is getting for having accepted the $4,600 to be with Spitzer?

www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/13/spitzer.kristen/index.htmo?iref=mpstoryview
Court documents reportedly identified Ashley Youmans -- now known as Ashley Alexandra Dupre -- as Kristen, the high-priced prostitute who met with Spitzer at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington on February 13.

Dupre made a brief appearance Monday in U.S. Magistrate Court as a witness against four people charged with operating Emperor's Club VIP, the prostitution ring, the Times said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

samiam

Jun 25, 2003
San Diego, CA
Visit site
✟12,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
she has said, "I love who I am,"

To clarify, she said that in the context of someone who has gone through a difficult life and survived it. Here is the complete quote:

I can sit here now, and knowingly tell you that life’s hard sometimes. But, I made it. I’m still here and I love who I am. If I never went through the hard times, I would not be able to appreciate the good ones. Cliché, yes, but I know it’s true. I have experienced just how hard it can be.

(Emphasis mine)

I don't think she enjoyed being a prostitute. We have an entire forum dedicated to survivors of the sex industry here. I have known strippers and not one of them was enjoying what they were doing. I don't think anyone can be truly happy living a life so contrary to God's plan (look at the beginning of Matthew 19): To marry and have sex with only one person for all of one's life.

My comments on the history of other people who have done the same thing and become famous is not me condoning her activities. I feel what she did was not right; "sin" is one word for it. I don't like calling other people sinners because of the beginning of Matthew 7.

What I was saying is, despite the fact she has made this error, she can come out of it a better person, possibly even a famous person. You really ought to listen to her music; she has a lot of musical talent.

- Sam

Upvote 0

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
To clarify, she said that in the context of someone who has gone through a difficult life and survived it. Here is the complete quote:

I can sit here now, and knowingly tell you that life’s hard sometimes. But, I made it. I’m still here and I love who I am. If I never went through the hard times, I would not be able to appreciate the good ones. Cliché, yes, but I know it’s true. I have experienced just how hard it can be.​
(Emphasis mine)

I don't think she enjoyed being a prostitute. We have an entire forum dedicated to survivors of the sex industry here. I have known strippers and not one of them was enjoying what they were doing. I don't think anyone can be truly happy living a life so contrary to God's plan (look at the beginning of Matthew 19): To marry and have sex with only one person for all of one's life.

My comments on the history of other people who have done the same thing and become famous is not me condoning her activities. I feel what she did was not right; "sin" is one word for it. I don't like calling other people sinners because of the beginning of Matthew 7.

What I was saying is, despite the fact she has made this error, she can come out of it a better person, possibly even a famous person. You really ought to listen to her music; she has a lot of musical talent.

- Sam

I hope she comes out of it a better person, but I really don't like the "Ashley is a victim," picture being painted for her.

This is not "something in her past," in the sense that "years ago she made a mistake." Exactly one month from today, on February 13, she met a married man in a hotel room for the express purpose of exchanging sex for money.

She is a 22 year old adult who is responsible for her choices.

Nor is she the typical "run away who ends up on the street at the mercy of a pimp." She accepted $4,300 in exchange for one night of sex, in a hotel that most people could never afford to spend a single night in. Do you have any idea how long many, many hard working, honest women work to earn $4,300? Records show that the Governor spent over $80,000 on various sex sessions, so the "poor Ashley" image just doesn't fly with me, nor does comparing her to the "poor hooker down in the street." The average stripper doesn't get that kind of money.

She describes herself as "on top of the world," in her blog. She also writes that "I love my life," but at the time she is writing the life she is living IS as a high priced call girl. So, it does not exactly equate to, "She is so glad she isn't a prostitute anymore," and by default, it DOES mean, "I'm glad I am one."

Yes, she left home young. She says she had an abusive background. Her brother would not confirm that, nor would her mother. Oprah Winfrey had an abusive childhood, she isn't breaking up marriages. So did millions of other women who did not choose to become professional call girls, and if someone wants to say, "Nothing is wrong with prostitution," they are entitled to their opinion, but if someone tells me that the media is being unfair to her, or that she shouldn't be called a the legal terms for what she does for a living, I have a problem with it.

Spitzer is suffering.
Spitzer's wife and children are suffering.
Ashley/Kristen is not suffering, she is being rewarded for all of this.
Even you want to encourage people to listen to her music! Had you ever heard of her music before this?

She gets the kind of publicity that only the top movie stars can afford to purchase - for free. Every article I have read about her since her name was revealed has stressed that she is a musician seeking a musical career. I did a web search for her name, and came up with links to news articles that contained links to her music, links from boards where people are asking where they can buy or hear her music, the Los Angeles times lists the titles of her music.

Another article says that she also markets herself on modeling and acting sites.

One article about her actually says, "In other interesting Ashley Dupre news, being outed as part of a prostitution has given an unexpected boost to the aspiring singer’s music career."

There are probably girls out there going, "Wow, I should try this!"

In everything I've read I have yet to see one hint that she is the least bit sorry for breaking up a marriage or destroying a career. The closest I have seen to regrets is when someone interviewed her mother who said she had no idea her daughter was a hooker until her daughter called and said, "I think I have a legal problem."

So, I have no problem with calling her what she is. As to, "You ought to listen to her music!"

No, no thank you.

I have a cousin who runs his own professional music studio in Nashville. His wife is a famous singer who did the old fashioned way without being paid for sex. She sings with the Christian group Sierra. She didn't break up any marriages getting her career launched. I'll keep giving my money to women like her.

Upvote 0