Spiritual Warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
Spiritual warfare is something every Christian experiences.
I think it is a very important subject to understand.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

1Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Temptations, doubts, fears, confusion, etc are common aspects of spiritual warfare.

2Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

2Corinthians 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )

2Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

The battle is the Lord's. It is through His might that we gain victory. Greater is He that is in us, than he who is the world. Satan wants us to be ineffective and weak, which is another reason why prayer, reading the Bible, and focusing on the Lord is so crucial for us.

I know these are some of the things I wish I had known about as a new Christian.

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
Some years ago I rededicated my life to Jesus and suddenly began to doubt everything; my salvation, God's love for me, even His existence and my sincerity. I spent several months agonizing, trying to be saved again and trying to figure out what I did believe. God answered my prayers. It seemed like many topics on the Christian radio station I listen to were about spiritual warfare all of a sudden. I suddenly understood why I was going through this. While I was backslidden, I had no problems at all because I was ineffective as a Christian.
I thank God that He loves me and that even though I didn't see it at the time, He was there.

Upvote 0

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
In life we will have trials, but I disagree that life itself is a trial. Jesus said He came to give us life and more abundantly. During our trials we can have peace.
I brought up this thread because some don't know about it and may be experiencing difficulties which are a result of spiritual warfar. I have experienced it and had a very rough time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
It's very hard and I feel for you. You are not a disappointment! I take it you are struggling with condemnation as well. Remember that there is no condemnation to those that are in Jesus Christ.
My husband used to tell me to rejoice because if I wasn't a child of God it would be very doubtful that I would be going through it.
When we go through things like this, the important thing is to not give up and keep seeking Jesus.
God is faithful, He will see you through.
During this time I learned the difference between conviction (of sin) and condemnation. Conviction brings us to God, condemnation draws us away from Him. There were many weeks that I felt that God was through with me, but He brought me through!
You will be in my prayers and may God bless you with His presence and His peace.

Upvote 0
Paul says it like this
Phil 3:4-9
4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
(KJV)

You see how our righteousness will never be good enough. It it were why would paul trade it in for the righteousness of Christ. We get it through faith. If you want more faith just ask for it.
Mark 9:24
24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
(KJV)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fieldmouse3

Contributor
Feb 14, 2002
Washington State
Visit site
✟8,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I still consider myself a "new Christian," even though I've been exposed to Jesus my whole life, off and on. It wasn't until this fall that I really comitted to having a strong relationship with God, and when I first did, I went through some major spiritual warfare. I constantly felt like something was trying to keep me from furthering my relationship with the Lord. Instead of just giving up, and going back to the way things were before (being a "fair weather Christian"), I prayed through it. Even when I didn't feel like God was listening, I prayed, because I knew He'd been there the whole time, and would continue to be there for me! :)

Upvote 0
fieldmouse, have you ever read the book "Final Quest" by Rick Joyner? It is an awesome book, it opened my eyes about spiritual warfare and how to handle it. It is a series of visions that God gave Mr. Joyner. Even if you don't believe in 'visions' look at is as a fictional book written about one mans 'opinion' of what spiritual warfare is about. You are on a wonderful journey, welcome sister, we are on the same path as you.

Upvote 0

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
Originally posted by fieldmouse3
I still consider myself a "new Christian," even though I've been exposed to Jesus my whole life, off and on. It wasn't until this fall that I really comitted to having a strong relationship with God, and when I first did, I went through some major spiritual warfare. I constantly felt like something was trying to keep me from furthering my relationship with the Lord. Instead of just giving up, and going back to the way things were before (being a "fair weather Christian"), I prayed through it. Even when I didn't feel like God was listening, I prayed, because I knew He'd been there the whole time, and would continue to be there for me! :)

It was the same way with me. During these times it is essential to just keep on walking and trusting the Lord as you did.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.