Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
SPIRITUAL WARFARE: THE OCCULT HAS DEMONIC INFLUENCE

Bishop Donald W. Montrose

By the "occult," we are speaking of some supra-human or supernatural influence that is not from God. We commonly associate the occult with that which has demonic influence.

In the United States today the occult has become much more popular than it was twenty years ago. Today, there is popular Satanic music, Satanic street gangs, an increase in Satanic worship, a more widespread use of the horoscope and study of the signs of the zodiac, and Satanic games that can be purchased. In spite of this, many people do not take the occult seriously. They laugh off the notion of the Power of Evil as actually being a part of the "real" world in which we live.

I do believe that demonic influence is very real and that it constitutes a dangerous threat to our spiritual well-being. What is written here is, at best, a brief summary of a reality that I have no desire to spend much time exploring. My purpose is simply to give you enough knowledge to be able to at least suspect the presence of the occult so that you can avoid it completely.

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I just posted this bible passage on FaceBook: “As for the rest of you in Thyatira who have not followed this false teaching (‘deeper truths,’ as they call them—depths of Satan, really), Revelation 2:24
The occult attracts a lot of people--they want power and "hidden truth". But when they get involved in the occult, they become entrapped in Satan's world.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just posted this bible passage on FaceBook: “As for the rest of you in Thyatira who have not followed this false teaching (‘deeper truths,’ as they call them—depths of Satan, really), Revelation 2:24
The occult attracts a lot of people--they want power and "hidden truth". But when they get involved in the occult, they become entrapped in Satan's world.

Have you figured out yet, why it seems some persons get more involved in the occult than others?
I've been trying to figure this.

For instance, unfortunately, there is a repeated pattern on one side of my family ... where persons have been drawn to occultic things. Knowing family history back a few generations, I can see it. And when I was young, I myself was attracted to such things ... we're talking things like ouija boards, tarot cards, palm reading, magic tricks, seances, astrology ... stuff like that.

There is another thread here in the forum, about the book "Jesus Calling". Again, seems some persons are just more 'sensitive' to hearing demonic voices. I could share familiar stories about that also ...

Having said all that, there are many other persons ... families ... that appear to not delve into any of this stuff at all!
Has me wondering ...
:scratch:

Have you seen patterns with occultic things within families?
Any thoughts you might have on those who appear to be more spiritually sensitive to these things, while others are not?

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I've noticed that people who had no religious instruction and those who never went to church are more drawn to the occult. They want to be spiritual, but don't want any "rules" that they think church will impose upon them.

• Informative
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've noticed that people who had no religious instruction and those who never went to church are more drawn to the occult. They want to be spiritual, but don't want any "rules" that they think church will impose upon them.

That's an interesting observation.

The persons I'm thinking of have some religion in their background, but somehow it seems they got things messed up!
Sorta like, taking the religious thing into their own hands and seeking answers in the wrong ways ...

I'm really pondering the pattern I see in families ...

Till today, I've seen 'spiritual sensitivity' ... 'receptiveness' ... as a sort of strength, but I'm wondering now if perhaps it is actually personal 'weakness' ... things like brokenness, mental illness even? ... that makes some more persons more attracted and spiritually receptive to ... vulnerable to ... demonic influence?

And then, there is the question of generational sin within families ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The "witch" I know had a family history of the occult. So, it could be generational sin.
note ...
The persons that get into 'the witch thing' ... it really seems to get a strong hold on them.

Upvote 0