Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Spiritual Growth-Hebrews 5:11-14

We as Christians, have a different level of spiritual growth. Some of us are on a higher level of growth, but others are on a lower level.

I believe that to some degree, we decide on what level of spiritual growth we will be. Yes God makes us grow spiritually, but we also have a part to play in that.

As we can see in this passage of Scripture, we can become spiritually deaf, meaning, we would not understand the things of God and his Word, the way he would like us to. To be spiritually deaf, means we lack a revelation from God, especially about his Word.

I believe the milk this passage is talking about, is the level or amount of revelation, we have received from God, mainly about his Word. The meat described is for a higher level of revelation or about more revelation from God, but notice, it is given to those who are spiritually mature or grown up, and not for babies.

It says in the Gospels, that to the one who has, more will be given, but to the one who has not, it will be taken away from him. I believe it is about a revelation from God. The christian who has a revelation from God, about the Word of God, more will be give to him, because he already uses the revelation given him from God previously. But the person who does not use the little revelation he has received from God, will possibly loose that one also, because it will be taken away from him...maybe..

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Spiritual Growth-Hebrews 5:11-14

We as Christians, have a different level of spiritual growth. Some of us are on a higher level of growth, but others are on a lower level.

I believe that to some degree, we decide on what level of spiritual growth we will be. Yes God makes us grow spiritually, but we also have a part to play in that.

As we can see in this passage of Scripture, we can become spiritually deaf, meaning, we would not understand the things of God and his Word, the way he would like us to. To be spiritually deaf, means we lack a revelation from God, especially about his Word.

I believe the milk this passage is talking about, is the level or amount of revelation, we have received from God, mainly about his Word. The meat described is for a higher level of revelation or about more revelation from God, but notice, it is given to those who are spiritually mature or grown up, and not for babies.

It says in the Gospels, that to the one who has, more will be given, but to the one who has not, it will be taken away from him. I believe it is about a revelation from God. The christian who has a revelation from God, about the Word of God, more will be give to him, because he already uses the revelation given him from God previously. But the person who does not use the little revelation he has received from God, will possibly loose that one also, because it will be taken away from him...maybe..
Amen dga. Thanks for the post. May we grow into His fullness for His glory and to be more effective in His service. Amen :).

Upvote 0