Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When someone is spiritually blind, usually it doesn't matter how well you speak the truth, how often you repeat it, or how loud you speak the truth; they still do not see it if they are spiritually blind. The same is true using the analogy of being spiritually deaf. "Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers, saying Go unto this people, and say, hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: for the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Ac 28:25b-27.

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers, saying Go unto this people, and say, hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: for the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Ac 28:25b-27.

Yes, and it has been and still is possibly the greatest single obstacle we face as ministers of the truth, of the oracles of God, and of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. The question is what to do about it.

These two passages came to mind: 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 and 2 Timothy 2:23-26. And the latter is really speaking to me. Tell me how it speaks to you, if you don't mind. I'll write out an explanation of what God is speaking to me about it right now.

• Agree
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These two passages came to mind: 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 and 2 Timothy 2:23-26. And the latter is really speaking to me.

The second passage (2 Timothy 2:23-26) is really convicting me right now. Despite knowing this passage so well, I got tangled up into some rather serious strife last night, especially with one brother I find particularly difficult to deal with. Instead of responding in meekness, I pretty much lost it and went after him with a vengeance. I had a prophetic dream about this guy that I couldn't quite interpret properly, and then the Lord revealed it to me today...

I screwed up. He is being blinded, seduced and used by the Devil, but my response should have been one of love, because he's in some ways just an innocent kid, and he has no idea the spiritual danger he's in...

A little disappointed with myself right now. I guess we're all human, but now I need to regroup and see if I can't reevaluate what approach I'm gonna take with him next.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The question is what to do about it.

Like the Apostles said, one sows, the other waters,
but it is YHWH Who gives the growth...

And likewise, the veil remains, until YHWH removes it.

And likewise, No man is able to receive anything, unless the Father in heaven grants it....

And likewise, blessed art thou simon barjona (Peter the APOSTLE!) because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you (could not , also) but MY FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN REVEALED THIS TO YOU -- that JESUS IS MESSIAH!!!

Likewise all that YHWH has to show anyone...
" Then opened HE their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,"

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like the Apostles said, one sows, the other waters, but it is YHWH Who gives the growth... And likewise, the veil remains until YHWH removes it. And likewise, No man is able to receive anything unless the Father in heaven grants it.... And likewise, blessed art thou Simon Barjona (Peter the APOSTLE!) because "flesh and blood did not reveal this unto you (and could not also), but MY FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN REVEALED THIS TO YOU" - i.e. that JESUS IS MESSIAH!!!

Likewise all that YHWH has to show anyone... "Then opened HE their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,"

Beautiful post. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, and it has been and still is possibly the greatest single obstacle we face as ministers of the truth, of the oracles of God, and of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. The question is what to do about it.

These two passages came to mind: 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 and 2 Timothy 2:23-26. And the latter is really speaking to me. Tell me how it speaks to you, if you don't mind. I'll write out an explanation of what God is speaking to me about it right now.
Yes! Both great passages. We must seek to reach people, not just teach or argue philosophy, church doctrine, etc. Only God can reach them. "Let us not be weary in well dong; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." Ga 6:9

Reactions: CtC
Upvote 0