Upstate
✟8,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I was reading in 1John this morning where he says that we are in the last time and how there are many antichrists (if he said it was the last time then, how much more now?) and how they go out from AMONG us. When the Lord brought me out of the gay gospel lie and lesbianism 13 yrs ago, one of the first things He showed me was this word "antichrist" in 1 John 2. I tore it apart in the Greek and discovered that it not only means to be against Christ but it also means against Christ while in the guise of Christ. So an antichrist, or antichrist spirit, is one that is against Christ while appearing to be of Christ. It's the ultimate deception. John goes on to say that he wasn't writing to the believers because they didn't know the truth, but that they knew the truth, and reminded them that no lie is of the truth. He goes on to say that he's writing them because of those that are trying to seduce them with lies. So, in a nutshell he was saying, "you know the truth so don't be taken by a lie!" The gay "Christian" Gospel is a lie that disguises itself as coming from God, and multitudes with in the Church are embracing it!

John says, "who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either: he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also." (1 John 22: 22,23)

And I know that gay Christians will quickly shout from the roof tops that they do not deny that Jesus is the Christ or deny, the Father. They whole heartedly defend their position while using Scripture (like I once did) but they miss the mark of God's word. His word says:

"Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, 'I know Him,' and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him." (1 John 2:3-5)

If your truly going to follow Jesus, you must follow His word in truth, and if your open (though it hurts) you will deny yourself , submit to God's truth and gain genuine fellowship with Christ through the power of His Spirit. Scripture clearly defines that all fornication (including homosexuality) is sin. I no longer let my desire define me, but I let the truth of God's word define me. He makes the changes within me if I am willing to submit to His will. It's not always been easy, but it's worth all the agony of dying on the cross to intimately know Him and His transforming power!

You can be sincere BUT sincerely wrong. God's word is the defining line between what is true and what is error. It's whether we will submit to Him, or not.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I that live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

To be crucified, friend, is to suffer pain and death to this life and its desires in order to gain true fellowship and peace with Jesus.

As believer's we must count the cost to be truly found in Him. The reward of knowing Him is worth it! I'm a testimony to His life transforming faithfulness!

No Cross, No Crown

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 5:19 So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

The antichrist isn't one particular sin or wrong teaching, preaching wrongly on a particular sin, which is instead as Christ said in Matthew just above.

Instead:
We read that the antichrist is to deny Jesus is The Christ, for example if someone claims they themselves are the Christ or Lord, or that someone is other than Jesus our Lord:

1 John 2:22 Who is the liar, if it is not the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, who denies the Father and the Son.

And

1Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.

Upvote 0

Missy Trussell

Feb 20, 2021
Parkersburg WV
✟7,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So many people today say we are being judgmental by not agreeing to homosexuality in the body of Christ. But I will stand firm in my believe that homosexuality is a sin. Therefore we must fight the good fight and pray for these folks.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would offer a slightly different take. Jesus prayed for unity and commanded love. Anyone who works against this payer for unity and this command to love participates in the spirit of the Anti-Christ.

"Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, 'I know Him,' and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him." (1 John 2:3-5)

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When we follow our will in opposition of the will of Christ (as we all do) we are antichrist. We struggle with antichrist interiorly. OTOH Satan desires to imitate God in every way in order to be god to as many as possible. God incarnated as a human being it follows that Satan will imitate that as well.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When we follow our will in opposition of the will of Christ (as we all do) we are antichrist. We struggle with antichrist interiorly. OTOH Satan desires to imitate God in every way in order to be god to as many as possible. God incarnated as a human being it follows that Satan will imitate that as well.

That's correct in one way, but a little confusing in that it's a fact that everyone at times has done sin -- to follow their own will against the teaching of Christ. Everyone. "All have sinned" we know.

We need to understand the precise thing that is antichrist well, because it will come, and it will matter if we really understand what is anti-Christ the way 1rst John (as in post #2 above) tells us.

Here's why:

Matthew 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.

Upvote 0

His_Delight

Set Free!
Oct 20, 2018
Upstate
✟8,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I would offer a slightly different take. Jesus prayed for unity and commanded love. Anyone who works against this payer for unity and this command to love participates in the spirit of the Anti-Christ.

To my understanding, if we're not in His will we are not in unity. If we don't continually submit ourselves to God's word, by the work of the Holy Spirit in us, then we don't love Him but rather love ourselves. If we love Him, we will keep His commandments (John 14:23), and by keeping His commandments we show our love for Him and other's. To me, this is unity and love within the body of Christ. We are to love unbelievers and pray for them, but are commanded not to be in union with them. There is no unity with darkness (2 Corinthians 6:14). It is antichrist to disobey God's word and to put our desires over His and then to profess to know Him - as the gay Christian movement does (of which I came out of 13 years ago). The gay Christian gospel is a spirit of antichrist that professes faith in Christ but practicing homosexuality are, in fact, against Christ. I don't mean to say that the gay gospel movement is THE antichrist spirit but rather a good example of how that spirit works. It wears many masks and this is just one :)

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's correct in one way, but a little confusing in that it's a fact that everyone at times has done sin -- to follow their own will against the teaching of Christ. Everyone. "All have sinned" we know.

We need to understand the precise thing that is antichrist well, because it will come, and it will matter if we really understand what is anti-Christ the way 1rst John (as in post #2 above) tells us.

Here's why:

Matthew 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.
I think space exploration with it's search for life and habitable planets offers salvation that many put their hope in.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think space exploration with it's search for life and habitable planets offers salvation that many put their hope in.
You mean as a kind of belief/faith system, an idol? Yes, that's one of the common idols today. I know an extended family member that is always thinking about things like colonizing mars and other things of that kind, which are about believing we will go far past Earth, and that we have to guard against asteroid impact extinction == the very idea of which would mean imply the bible is false, that God doesn't protect humanity against something like that, and implicitly is not in control of the ultimate fate of Earth and humanity, an atheist belief. So, those are a form of denying God exists, if one puts real hope and belief in them. (notice this is in total contrast to merely having curiosity and appreciation about God's amazing creation, which is not at all about putting faith and hope in technology and such)

• Agree
Reactions: Eloy Craft
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean as a kind of belief/faith system, an idol? Yes, that's one of the common idols today. I know an extended family member that is always thinking about things like colonizing mars and other things of that kind, which are about believing we will go far past Earth, and that we have to guard against asteroid impact extinction == the very idea of which would mean imply the bible is false, that God doesn't protect humanity against something like that, and implicitly is not in control of the ultimate fate of Earth and humanity, an atheist belief. So, those are a form of denying God exists, if one puts real hope and belief in them. (notice this is in total contrast to merely having curiosity and appreciation about God's amazing creation, which is not at all about putting faith and hope in technology and such)
Well put. I would only add that I believe that psuedo-salvation is unconsciously adopted and replacing even the hope we have in Christ for some Christians. Survival of species verses eternal salvation of the individual it seems. Unconsciously for Christians of course imo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well put. I would only add that I believe that psuedo-salvation is unconsciously adopted and replacing even the hope we have in Christ for some Christians. Survival of species verses eternal salvation of the individual it seems. Unconsciously for Christians of course imo.
It can. I was so surprised that so many put their faith in a mortal man in the last 4 years.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟419,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He was our last hope for conservative values and sovereign America. The left sure seems to be anti christ, progressive or no.
i am pro Israel, anti terror and pro life. No other candidate said that.

But on a gentler note... what about the one world religion playing into the hands of the last days and trying to unite those who persecute Christians under Christ’s name.

Upvote 0