fairiedust

Jul 9, 2005
Canada
✟16,270.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My grandma has been passing away slowly of terminal colon cancer for a few months now and is now very near the end of her suffering. A few weeks ago my mom and I were visiting her in hospice and she shared a verse with us that a visitor from earlier that day had shared with her.
It was 2 Corinthians 4:16-18(NIV):

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

This verse fits her situation amazingly. And it touched me alot. Though I am not dying of an illness as my grandma is, it is a good reminder to always look to God, no matter what terrible thing we are going through.

Do any of you have and verses that hold a special meaning because of an event/time in your life.?

Does anyone else have any

Alenci

To God be the glory
Sep 2, 2002
Lost in thought
Visit site
✟16,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There are actually a number. Oftentimes when I reach the end of my rope, I crack open my Bible to a random page... and lo, and behold, it is as if God is speaking directly to my heart across the pages and the millennia. This is one of the greatest comforts I know.

The very first time I tried this was back in third grade. I was having trouble remembering to do my homework and concentrating in class. I opened my Bible to Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I wrote it on an index card, taped it inside my desk, and started working harder with the verse as my inspiration. My grades went up!

What is there to be said about this wonderful source of comfort and aid- the Bible? "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1 :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Tim114

Jun 19, 2006
Land of Auz
Visit site
✟15,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
My life verse, of which I stuble onto by what seemed at the time an memory lapse is in my sig. It also that base of my screen name for this here forum. How I came to read this insteed of what I was looking for (in the same letter just one chapter and -3 verses over) I'll never completely understand. But I have it, and I think it sounds cool :p

Upvote 0

fairiedust

Jul 9, 2005
Canada
✟16,270.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Alenci said:
There are actually a number. Oftentimes when I reach the end of my rope, I crack open my Bible to a random page... and lo, and behold, it is as if God is speaking directly to my heart across the pages and the millennia. This is one of the greatest comforts I know.

:thumbsup:

Yes, I love it when God does this.

Upvote 0

GirlAfterGodsOwnHeart

I could sing of Your love forever. . .
Jul 10, 2006
Dallas, PA
Visit site
✟16,598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
fairiedust said:
My grandma has been passing away slowly of terminal colon cancer for a few months now and is now very near the end of her suffering. A few weeks ago my mom and I were visiting her in hospice and she shared a verse with us that a visitor from earlier that day had shared with her.
It was 2 Corinthians 4:16-18(NIV):

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

This verse fits her situation amazingly. And it touched me alot. Though I am not dying of an illness as my grandma is, it is a good reminder to always look to God, no matter what terrible thing we are going through.

Do any of you have and verses that hold a special meaning because of an event/time in your life.?

Does anyone else have any
I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me- that verse stuck with me in times of deep trial with my unsaved family trying to sway me from the Lord's teachers in my life.

Upvote 0

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
one passage means so much to me when it comes to this life and the next... that I had the reference tattooed on my back.

Job 19:25-26
NIV said:
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]19:25[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]19:26[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; [/FONT]

Nothing can take the assurance of our Redeemer's Power away from us. He will stand upon the earth and we will see Him in Glory!

Upvote 0

fairiedust

Jul 9, 2005
Canada
✟16,270.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
eirene said:
one passage means so much to me when it comes to this life and the next... that I had the reference tattooed on my back.

Job 19:25-26

Nothing can take the assurance of our Redeemer's Power away from us. He will stand upon the earth and we will see Him in Glory!

Yes, this a good one

Upvote 0

DragnGT

Dexter fan
Apr 22, 2006
Georgia
✟16,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When I think of all of the temptation that we have to deal with each day I remember this verse.

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

There's some more that comes after it that I like as well but I really like that ^ part.

Upvote 0

Alenci

To God be the glory
Sep 2, 2002
Lost in thought
Visit site
✟16,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
DragnGT said:
When I think of all of the temptation that we have to deal with each day I remember this verse.

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

There's some more that comes after it that I like as well but I really like that ^ part.

Yes, that verse means a great deal to me at times as well. :)

Upvote 0