• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

specfic weekdays for the rosary?

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by PeterDona, May 5, 2019.

1. PeterDona

PeterDona Active Member Supporter

+98
    Catholic
    Celibate
    God bless you all,
    I have noted in my instruction book on the rosary, that there seems to be weekdays associated with different sections. Is this just for a suggestion, or does it hold importance to pray the section assigned to the weekday, and not other sections?

Example joyful mysteries to be said on monday and on saturday, sorrowful mysteries to be said on tuesday and friday.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,146
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    A suggestion. In private you can modify it as it suits you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. TuxAme

TuxAme Quis ut Deus? Supporter

+3,198
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    The rosary is a private devotion- feel free to recite whichever mysteries you'd like on any day.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Romans 13:3

Romans 13:3 Newbie

+332
    Catholic
    Personally, I am a rosary driver. I start on Monday's drive with Joyful and work my way through. Come Friday, I try to remember where I was the last week, but that does not always work out.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. CradleRC58

CradleRC58 New Member

+12
    United States
    Traditional. Cath.
    Widowed
    The specified days are a guideline for praying the rosary as a group. For example before Mass.

As mentioned one can pray whatever Mysteries they want at any time.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. PeterDona

PeterDona Active Member Supporter

+98
    Catholic
    Celibate
    One more question:
    when people talk about praying the whole rosary each day, do they mean all 20 mysteries, or do they mean the 5 mysteries in that day?

7. Romans 13:3

Romans 13:3 Newbie

+332
    Catholic
    Usually, one would mean a given set of five...