have mercy on me
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2005
✟56,796.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I commissioned this icon Triptych for my sister's wedding from our own Nutroll. I think it's absolutely stunning, and wanted to share it with you all.

4525811898_884766d05b.jpg

4525812578_27ace68363_b.jpg

-Kyriaki-

seeking answers in stillness
Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Oooooooh... My jaw dropped.

Matthew, you have outdone yourself. What a wonderful present for your sister, Greg!

*starts calculating how to save enough money to have one done for herself*

Maybe by the time I get married I'll be able to convince someone to commission me one...

It's beautiful!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟280,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you to all of you for your kind words.

I was very glad to be able to help Greg find a unique and personal gift for his sister's wedding. I don't spend as much time posting here on TAW as I used to, but it has played a very important role in my journey and my spiritual life. And I first found out about TAW because of a picture that Greg posted from my website. It is a real honor to be able to help him since I have been helped by him.

St. George is depicted receiving the crown of martyrdom from Christ. The rings of blue at the top are not to depict space, but to depict the heavens. It is a common way of depicting a blessing given from above in icons.

Upvote 0