• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Speaking Of Ethics... What About Street Preaching?

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by madluvofficial, Jan 13, 2018.

1. madluvofficial

madluvofficial New Member

+43
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Don't get me wrong, I think that there are street preachers out there doing a great job.
    But do you think this form of condemnation is really valuable to furthering the kingdom of God at all?

Love to hear your thoughts!

Much love and God Bless you good people!

2. mukk_in

mukk_in Yagna Mukkamala Supporter

+1,066
    India
    Christian
    Celibate
    Not at all, if done the right way in love. I had done a bit of that. Of course, the local law may not always permit it :).

3. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+451
    Christian
    Private
    Jesus calls us to "love our neighbour as ourselves". I don't want to enter a public space and have someone try and push something on me that I don't accept so why would I do that to someone else?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  4. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+10,298
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Others
    I also try and remember that St. Paul asks the rhetorical question, "Are all apostles? Are all teachers?" etc; and describes also in Ephesians how some are called to be pastors, some are called to be teachers, some are called to be evangelists. Not everyone is called to be an evangelist. And in truth, I think most of us can think of many people who probably shouldn't be playing the part of evangelist--perhaps because they are quite young in the faith, or because they are improperly taught, or because they simply aren't actually preaching the Gospel but something else entirely. We all have the opportunity to share "the hope that is within us, with gentleness and respect" but not everyone is called to be an evangelist or missionary. Yes, Paul went into Athens and preached at the Parthenon and at the Areopagus to gathered crowds of Pagans--but Paul was also specifically called, hand-picked by Jesus, to be an apostle to the Greeks.

-CryptoLutheran

5. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+451
    Christian
    Private
    there should be a guy with a bull horn preaching to the street evangelist.