Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Im very interested to know how many of you received there tongue figuratively speaking of course. Im also interested in hearing how your prayer languages advanced.

Not sure what you meant by “advance”? It really has not changed at all for me over decades of time.

The one thing that did change and speaks proof of this resembling the Bible passage “edifies himself” (ICor14:4), was the fortitude out of nowhere to alleviate some challenging stress I was experiencing over another gift. I suppose that wouldn’t have been possible through counseling, except maybe by a Holy Ghost counselor.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im very interested to know how many of you received there tongue figuratively speaking of course. Im also interested in hearing how your prayer languages advanced.

I had a dream about hell that scared me out to church. I gave my life to Jesus that Sunday. I went up the front, was prayed for and began to speak in tongues. It was hard for me to accept the experience as real as when I was younger (I was from a Christian home) I made up a tongue to please my parents. Even to this day I don't know if the tongue was from God but I still use it when I don't know how to pray.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I do, this is my 3rd year being a Christian too.

I'm starting to mature.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to walk by grace in faith, to resist... where my resistance doesn't become self-works and anti-faith.
Resist what? May we know?

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Resist what? May we know?

Or, may we peer for a testimony? I have come to believe that our testimony is always under construction. While it is something to be included in our advancement to overcome evil, it will never be verbally wrought in perfection lest it is by God in weakness. If so, the hearer would have to be aware of that weakness. Does that entail generalities too? I think so, even upon request. For the bottom line for testimony is in the truth of delivery, not necessarily how detailed.

“For we all stumble in many ways. If anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to bridle the whole body as well.” (James 3:2)

Upvote 0

DeepWater

Just The Truth
Aug 6, 2011
Israel (usually)
✟16,539.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
If a person, during their lifetime of 95 years , develops the most beautiful prayer language that they are able to produce most Sundays during the service, and then they finally die having never during their lifetime lead one single person (witnessing) to the Lord, what does Jesus have to say to them about this when they meet Him?
So, as it relates to things that matter to Jesus and His Father, how would you rate worrying about Tongues as compared to worrying about Souls?
Something you should consider, prayerfully.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,673.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thankfully we, as believers, can do both.

Tongues glorify G_d (John 15:26), help pray in the spirit to Him (I Cor 14), magnify Him (Acts 10:46)

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15

Last edited:
Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've spoke in tongues maybe a dozen times in 20 yrs , I've interpreted to confirm an interpretation with exact same word for word message silently to the one who stood up to interpret the first message that was given in tongues a few times , maybe I should have given an interpretation or two but wasn't obedient or confident enough but thank God another finally stood to do it .. I had sought tongues as an evidence of salvation because of demonic attacks ... I had had dreams causing me to doubt ..

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,673.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
posted: "...maybe I should have given an interpretation or two but wasn't obedient or confident enough..."

Think all of the manifestations of The Spirit have a training season. So those times weren't losses but for you to realize that you were hearing correctly.

posted: "....I had had dreams causing me to doubt .."

Ask Yahweh to cover you before falling asleep and bear in mind Scriptures.

Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
posted: "...maybe I should have given an interpretation or two but wasn't obedient or confident enough..."

Think all of the manifestations of The Spirit have a training season. So those times weren't losses but for you to realize that you were hearing correctly.

posted: "....I had had dreams causing me to doubt .."

Ask Yahweh to cover you before falling asleep and bear in mind Scriptures.

thanx t ..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If a person, during their lifetime of 95 years , develops the most beautiful prayer language that they are able to produce most Sundays during the service, and then they finally die having never during their lifetime lead one single person (witnessing) to the Lord, what does Jesus have to say to them about this when they meet Him?
So, as it relates to things that matter to Jesus and His Father, how would you rate worrying about Tongues as compared to worrying about Souls?

I see your point, what I don’t see is anything that dispels all who don’t sow the seed,

· “Now he who plants and he who waters are one; ,”
· “I planted, Apollos watered, ,” (I Cor 3:8,6)

As far as rating the two, well, that I would put squarely on the Master's own words immediately preceding His ascension. Tell me, so long as you aren’t one of the denying crowd, and have good conscience that we too are the ones who are “afar off” (Acts 2:39) to receive the promise; is the “power” (Acts 1:8) separated from all the recorded functions of the Spirit?

If you feel the power is not separated from all the recorded functions/offices of the Spirit, then the winning of souls (which can be won by fear as well) is dependent on the indirect beneficial consequence of self-edification of the planter. That is, if God brought that gift his way for whatever the reason. Maybe God knows when a person is in need of that form of assistance. But if not, then the opposite of tending to souls without tongues is obvious. So we can't blanket it one way or the other. It depends on what God does.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm. This post assumes that evangelism is the end all and be all. Not so.

How much of their tithe and offering money went to support full time evangelists and missionaries who ministered the gospel to hundreds or thousands? With a lot of fruit? How many people in their work place and family saw how they lived their life and were influenced in a positive way for the gospel?

How many were prayed for unawares, and came to the Lord by someone sent via those prayers?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

My wife is a gifted Pentecostal Prophetess....
she astonishes me... She often speaks in tongues.....

and is given dreams and other types of guidance that
I don't quite comprehend yet....

I have not yet received these gifts exactly......
but I know that they are real from her example....

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hmmm. This post assumes that evangelism is the end all and be all. Not so.

How much of their tithe and offering money went to support full time evangelists and missionaries who ministered the gospel to hundreds or thousands? With a lot of fruit? How many people in their work place and family saw how they lived their life and were influenced in a positive way for the gospel?

How many were prayed for unawares, and came to the Lord by someone sent via those prayers?

Good point.......
by supporting others who have a real gift to reach the lost.....

we make it possible for them to reach far far far more people......

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums