Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I have a feeling that the situation in the South China Sea is coming to a head and prayer is seriously needed to avoid a catastrophe. China has made it clear that they will not desist in their provocative expansion in the region outside of war.

U.S. Navy to sail up to China's man-made islands

I am praying the Lord will resolve the issue without war and that China will fail miserably in its efforts to gain hegemony in the region. The situation is made worse by the Philippians apparent inclination to fully side with China.

Philippine President Duterte announces separation from U.S.

"Economic interests. Each year, $5.3 trillion of trade passes through the South China Sea; U.S. trade accounts for $1.2 trillion of this total. Should a crisis occur, the diversion of cargo ships to other routes would harm regional economies as a result of an increase in insurance rates and longer transits. Conflict of any scale in the South China Sea would hamper the claimants from benefiting from the South China's Sea's proven and potential riches."

Armed Clash in the South China Sea

Perhaps a natural disaster can wipe out much of the progress China has made in their military Islandscaping.

I don't know the details, but is it possible that if unchecked, China will be able to eventually hold a knife to the nations' throats by controlling the economic thoroughfare in the region?

• Informative
Reactions: brinny