Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My friend turned me on to this, it looks like a well produced film starring Jim Caviezel, Bill Camp, Mira Sorvino, etc. It's a true story about Tim Ballard who left his job as an investigator with Homeland Security 10 months shy of vesting his pension because he was overwhelmed and convicted by the problem of human trafficking and decided that more needed to be done than what any law enforcement agency was doing. I'm glad a film like this is coming out that really will force us to confront how ugly and pervasive the human slave trade really is.

There were some distributing issues apparently and Angel Studios, the ones who make The Chosen, acquired the rights to put it on their app. Apparently the film will also see wide release on July 4 this year. I'm not sure if my local theater will be carrying it when it comes out so I've considered putting together a watch party either here at my home or maybe at a local venue if we can find one and encourage people to get involved fighting against one of the most heinous crimes in human history.

I encourage everyone to promote this film wherever and however they can so the issue gets more exposure. I think everyone is aware of it to some degree, but they avoid really thinking about how evil and atrocious and heartbreaking it really is.

Here's the trailer to check out, it's very moving. There are also some clips from the film on YouTube as well.

Last edited: